Chapter 11

What Am I To You? (HIATUS!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before I start, I would like to say that this chapter will be a little different. This chapter will be focusing more on Sana's POV and her conflicted feelings, finding more about Jihyo's ex-lover that keeps appearing, and Tzuyu's feelings for Sana. 

Thank you so much for reading up up till here. I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

Sana walked out of her classroom with a tired sigh done with her afternoon classes and began to remove her ID around her neck. She placed it inside her beg and while walking down the hallway she spots Mina leave the school while laughing with Momo. She watches with a solemn look as Momo smacks Mina's back in the midst of her laughter, and wistfully thinks back to Mina's answer about taking the bus for the past 2 years so that she could spend more time with her.

"Are you asking because you don't know? It's because I wanted to go with you."

"I was sincere..."

"You just didn't listen to me or believed me." Mina smiled.

The blonde looks down guiltily and walks out of the college alone. As she continues walking and fixing her hair whenever a strong breeze came by to mess her hair a little, she came to a stop when a tall figure was in front of her. 

There stood in front of her was Mina, hands in her pockets, standing outside waiting to run into her. Mina smiled a bit and decided to strike up a conversation.

"Are you leaving now?" 

"Yeah." 

The strawberry blonde nodded and makes awkward small talk about the weather which only lasted a few minutes until they both fell into complete awkward silence. Sana tried to avoid looking at the other to make it less awkward but she felt the gaze of the younger one on her. 

"Yah, Minatozaki Sana. Tell me honestly." Mina said seriously. This time Sana made eye contact with Mina.

"Because you've been commuting with me every day, you're now bored and feeling empty going alone on the bus, right?"

Sana scoffs. "Ani, Time passes quickly."

Mina burst out laughing which made Sana's face darkened and began to again.  "Are you kidding me? You, who would fall asleep as soon as you board a bus? Time probably passes quickly because you're dreaming." Sana pouted and crossed her arms.

Mina pointedly tells her where he's headed before saying goodbye and they both part ways.

Sana stood by at the sidewalk alone and stared at the ground.

22 year old Minatozaki Sana: The girl that she believed to be a scene marker... perhaps may have been sincere. 

As Jihyo was heading home with her baby sister, Evelyn, that night, she sighs to see Dahyun in the reflection hiding behind a stone statue. 

Dahyun was fidgeting and was nervous to come out and see her but she mustered her courage and came out behind the stature when Jihyo was close enough. She walked past her with her hands in her jackets and stopped and faked to realize she walked by her. She totally overdoes the faux-casual act;

"Oh? Jihyo-unnie? Yah, what a coincidence. Coincidentally, we sure do see each other often."

Jihyo continues to enter the code to the building and walks in with Evelyn, ignoring the girl who's trying to talk to her. After entering the elevator she hears Dahyun saying that she will see her again soon  with a wave and the door to the building closed on her.  

When the elevator doors closed, Jihyo released a tired sigh and held her baby sister's hand tightly but not too tightly. 

23 year old Park Jihyo: The girl from my painful memory... Keeps appearing in front of me. 

 

Because a woman's heart is like an impenetrable wall made up of layers upon layers...

Even we women don't know what's inside and what can break that wall.

Still even after being closed up tight, something that crumbles in a moment like a lie is a woman's heart. 

The next day, Sana stopped by at Jihyo's restaurant late in the morning and told her trusted unnie about Mina's 2-year long bus detour. Jihyo was shocked at how long Mina has been doing this just to spend more time with Sana. She must've gotten home really late.

"Uwah, Mina-ah is quite a naive woman." Jihyo smirks. 

Sana scoffed while poking her cheesecake, "What do you mean a naive woman?"

Jihyo leaned closer to the Japanese, elbows on the table. "Yah, Minatozaki Sana, so what are you going to do?" 

"What do you mean, "What am I going to do?". We aren't going to be more than just friends."

"Well for me, I approve." Jihyo said excitedly. Sana looked at her with furrowed eye brows, confused. "What?"

"The two of you dating."

"Yah, that's enough."

"Waaaae? You used to like Mina..." She stopped her sentence when she hit a spot, clearly given by the glare Sana gave her way. Jihyo pouts. "You liked her." 

"It was because I was completely fooled then. Becoming friends was so hard." 

Jihyo noticed the tone and face from Sana and it was clear to her that Sana is still conflicted with feelings and denying any thoughts of her liking that certain strawberry blonde player. 

"But what about you knowing about Mina's sincerity?" 

Sana raised her voice. "Just because she rode the bus with me, is that sincere? Besides, that scene maker has something with someone else." 

Jihyo widen her eyes. Sana began to talk about it someone from their class and ends it off with her saying she and Mina won't have anything going on with each other besides being friends. 

Jihyo smirked behind the mug of coffee she had brought up against her lips. She began to say that she never brought up about them having anything and only wanted to hear the details about the girl.

Sana was quiet. She looked at her phone and saw the time. She announces that she has to go now and stood up from her chair. Jihyo did the same and asked about Sana's birthday.

"Tomorrow's your birthday, right?" Sana looked at her suspiciously. Jihyo smiled at her, "Come by if you have time. I'll buy you a cake."

Sana mouth slowly turned into a bright smile. "At times like this you're not a kimchi girl, but a kimchi angel." She punched Jihyo's shoulder lightly and they both laughed. 

Sana then began to say goodbye and walked away while Jihyo waved her off with that motherly smile. 

Jihyo began to clean up the left over coffee mugs and plates left by them and was about to head back to the kitchen until she heard the front door of her restaurant hit the chimes, indicating a customer walked in. When Jihyo looks up, she's met with the girl that won't stop appearing infront of her wearing. 

Dahyun stood there with her hands clasped together in front of her and gave Jihyo a small smile. Jihyo's blank expression never changed and she only let a small exhale through her nose. 

Dahyun was later seated at a table, a cup of water and a small plate of untouched cheesecake was infront of her. She was going through her phone reading different news articles.

The restaurant was calmingly quiet, besides the soothing instrumental music due to it being the early morning hours and right now everyone came just for the coffee, some dessert and a few people ordering a small sidedish of Jihyo's famous kimchi to start off the day. 

Meanwhile Jihyo was behind the counters, drying up the washed mugs with a rag towel, staring at the back of the girl with many multicolored hair. She noticed how focus she is reading the articles and she probably guessed that Dahyun was still helping out with her dad with producing and stuff. Jihyo mood turned sour remembering the cause of this all and decided to look away and focus on drying the mugs for later use in the day. 

All of the sudden the soothing instrumental music playing through the restaurant stopped and Jihyo looked over the counter and at the music player. This got Dahyun's attention as she watched Jihyo walk around the counter and towards the music player and began trying to fix the problem. 

"I think it's a problem with the contact point." Dahyun said as she walked towards Jihyo. "Is there a problem with the line? I'll take a look at it." 

"It's fine." Jihyo said, finally saying something to Dahyun after all the silent treatment she gave to her these past few weeks. 

Dahyun smiled and began to look at the wires in the back. "This kind of thing is my specialty. You know that I like music, right?" She began to talk about for people who like music, this kind of machine is basic to them. After a few wiggles of the wires to the speakers and the music player, she steps back with a small 'tada', but sadly no sound was coming out of the speakers. 

Jihyo crosses her arm and her blank face still remains the same. Dahyun tries to fix it again, talking about how it's better to listen to music through CD's to get more feeling than listening to it through the computers then suddenly brought up how she still have all of the CD's that Jihyo gave to her as presents in the past.

She then asks Jihyo if she still likes the same band from before but is ignored when Jihyo goes on the laptop playing music and bends over slightly to fix it and  after a few clicks, the speakers began to work.

Jihyo then stood back up straightly and crosses her arms. Dahyun looked at her with a big smile. 

"Uwah, Unnie, you're an adult now." Jihyo looked at her, her blank face still there but Dahyun continued talking with the same attitude. "Before, you couldn't even turn on an mp3 player."

Jihyo rolls her eyes, turns around and walks away to pick up plates and mugs from tables. Dahyun follows her around the restaurant, chattering nonstop about happy memories and songs she used to like, and how cute she was when she didn't know how to work an mp3 player, including how she cried because she thought she bought broken mp3 player but it's because she didn't put in batteries, and how she couldn't change a light bulb on her own. 

"You remember all that, right?" Dahyun says in a happy tone. 

"Ani." Jihyo walks pass Dahyun and behind the counter. 

Dahyun pursed her lips. She knew Jihyo was trying to avoid her and she could feel it by her cold aura. There was an impenetrable ice that Dahyun had no clue how to break down. 

The multi-colored haired went up to the counter with her card. "Jihyo-unnie, if you don't remember, I'll have to make you remember starting now." Dahyun smiles but Jihyo's face never changed once ever since she appeared. 

"I'll come every day and revive your memories, okay?" Jihyo took the card and swiped it through the machines, pressing a few buttons and passing back the card to the rightful owner. 

"Also try reading this. I don't know if you'll remember." Dahyun passed her a book. Jihyo looked down at it. After Dahyun placed her card back into her wallet and into her small bag. She smiles gently at Jihyo, nods her head and leaves the store after a small bye. 

Jihyo watched her leave and with the chimes ringing again, she knew Dahyun have left. She directed her attention back onto the book on the counter and picked it up. 

'The Difference Between Coolness and Passion'

Jihyo opened up the front cover and was met with a small message she wrote for Dahyun when she gifted it to her, asking her to read the last page, on the first page.  

"A present for Dahyunnie. The last page was really nice make sure to read it

                          -Jihyo"

She stared at the one small inscription and began to think to herself


She loved me the most, but she was the woman who made me tired the most. 

The memories that I had buried so deeply...

why does she keep finding them and pulling them out?

Lunch break finally came and Sana made her way to their usual hang out spot with her lunch but stops when she sees Mina and Momo there already and laughing together about a video Mina is showing on her phone. She felt a little awkward joining them but tells herself that nothing has changed 

If you act like you didn't hear anything, there's no reason to avoid him.

Sana went over and sat on the other side of the U-shaped couch while Mina and Momo continued talking. 

"Wow, Momo. Just like you said, this was really fun! Because I was watching this, I stayed up all night." 

"Right? It's really fun." 

Sana smiled at them and tried to join the conversation. "What's so fun?" 

"Game of Thrones." Momo answered. 

"Oh a game? I really like games and I like playing them too..."

"It's an American Drama." Mina grinned at her. "Plus you at games anyway." 

Sana pouted. She felt excluded out when she tries to join in their conversation but has no idea what they're talking about. Sana sat there silently listening to Mina and Momo talk with a depressed face. Momo then looked over at Sana and asked if she watches any American dramas.

"American Dramas?" Sana said like she never heard of it before.

Mina sighs and teased the blonde, "She always eats. Do you think she would have time to watch American dramas?"

Sana frowned. Mina then went back to asking Momo what other American dramas she's watched. They were to engrossed into their conversation that they hardly notice Sana gets up to go with her lunch and left to go eat lunch somewhere else.

She looks back to see Mina giving Momo a present - a little smurf flash drive filled with all of Mina's favorite American TV shows. 

Sana couldn't help but sigh dejectedly, convinced that Mina has already moved on. 

 

As the days wears on, her jealousy starts to get the better of her. 

The teacher was talking to Mina and Momo in the back of the classroom behind Sana's shared desk with Mina. Mina hand was on the back of Sana chair as she leans on it, discussing locations and dinner plans with Momo for the next day, mindlessly swiveling her chair back and forth. 

Sana closes her eyes and let out a frustrated exhale. One of their classmates talked about how in their neighborhood theres a really good spicy jokbal restaurant which both Momo and Mina got excited about, causing Mina to shake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter