Chapter 7

What Am I To You? (HIATUS!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't know what you're so worried about, Mina." Jungyeon placed down her beer can. Mina stared at her clasped hands. 

"Is it because of what happened with Sana back then? Yah, Sana forgot about all of that already."

Slowly, Mina placed her hand ontop of Sana's, intertwining their hands. Mina's hands were slightly bigger than Sana's but they somehow fit together perfectly. Sana looked at Mina's hand ontop of hers. She was confused. What is Mina doing? Sana turned to look at Mina. They stared at each other before Mina slowly started to lean forward, closing her eyes and before she knew it.

Her lips touched Sana's. 

Mina pulled away and looked at Sana's expression. Sana's eyebrows furrowed and a frown started forming on her face. 

SMACK

Mina's head was turned to the side, a stinging sensation going through her left check and was open in shock. Her mind was blank. Sana had slapped her. Mina slowly looked up to see a furious Sana. 

"Crazy bastard." Sana grabbed her purse and stormed off. Mina watched her leave with a hand on her face. She stood up and ran after her.

"Sana!" Mina chased after Sana in the rain, stopping infront of her and holding onto both of her shoulders. "Listen to me."

Sana slapped Mina's hands off her. "Let go off me." She began to walk but she got stopped again by Mina looking down at her making eye contact

"I like you." Mina said sternly. Sana scoffed. "I really like you!" Mina shouted trying to get her feelings across.

"You really are trash." Sana shoved her off roughly that Mina had to take 3 steps back. She's not going to believe those words coming out of that scene makers mouth. Not again. Mina was hurt. Obviously when the person you like just called you trash. Mina ran and stopped Sana for the third time, gripping her shoulders tightly but not where it will hurt Sana.

"Yah Sana! I'm saying it for real!" Mina yelled, pleading. 

"Let me go!" Sana screamed, pushing Mina's arms off. "Do I look like a pushover?" She accused. Mina widen her eyes. This was the first time Sana actually screamed at her for real. She really ed up. Sana asked bitterly, "Because I always accept your jokes, do i look that easy?"

"It's not that..." Mina started.

"Then what? Is it a secret this time, too?"

"It's really not like that, this time. Back then, that was before I started liking you!"

Sana spits back, "You did that even though you didn't like me? That doesn't work for me!" Sana scoffed and stalked off. Mina let out a exasperated sigh and was about to pull her hair. Why won't she believe me that I'm being for real! Mina screamed in her head. She yanks her back again, admitting that she was a bastard back then. "Okay! Like you said, I was the worst scene maker!" 

"But now I only like you, so what am I supposed to do? I've endured it endlessly. Even though I tried to endure it, I only see you. So what am I supposed to do?" Mina said. 

Sana smirked and nodded, looking off to the side and staring back at Mina. She wasn't moved at all. "Ah, so you must've gotten sick of the other girls. Am I right?" 

Mina frowned. She looked down and putting her hands on her neck. She was genuinely hurt. Why did she have to do that to Sana before? She's such a . Mina slowly looks back up at Sana who still has that hard expression on her face and asks in a low voice. "Have you always look at me like I was trash all this time?"

"Mina, you've always been that kind of person. You say whatever you want and confess when it's comfortable for you with no regards for the other person's feelings You've haven't changed at all!" Sana pushed past Mina, bumping their shoulders together roughly. Mina stood there and started furrowing her eyebrows. She stopped her for the last time and says that she isn't saying any of this lightly.

"Whether I should say it or not, what would I do if you didn't believe me..." She confesses that she did a lifetimes worth of thinking whether or not to confess, "But no matter how I think about it, I like you! I like you to death! So what am I supposed to do?" Mina screamed again. Her voice starts to shake, "I was afraid that if I said something, we might grow apart. Do you know how hard it was for me to bring that up? What was I supposed to say?" They stood in the rain in silence. Mina swallowed the lump in . She was getting stressed out and she felt like tears were about to fall. She hoped Sana would understand but her response shot Mina's heart. 

"Then you should of never have said anything at all." Sana said as she continues walking away. Mina stood there. It's enough of a blow that she could no longer move to stop her. She calls out Sana's name as she watches her walk away.

"Yah, Minatozaki Sana! Let me ask you one thing!" Sana slowly stops. 

"Do you really not have any feelings for me?" Mina asks with a little bit of hope left. 

Sana stood there until she lets out the answer Mina wishes she didn't hear. "Yeah. I dont." She responded without looking back. Mina watches her back slowly disappearing. 

Mina clenched her hands into a fist and with all her strength she shouts out one last question. 

"Yah! Then what am I to you?!" Mina stood there waiting for an answer but all she got was nothing. Water that wasn't the rain started rolling down her cheeks and with a hard kick to the ground, Mina let out a frustrated scream. 

 

 

When Mina got back to the house later that night, she was soaked to the bone and emotionally drained. Mina walked in through the living room seeing that everyone else was sitting there and having a few cans of beer. Everyone looked at her in surprise that she's dripping wet. 

"You got wet in the rain, too? Sana came in all wet a while ago." Tzuyu furrowed her eyebrows, looking up at Mina. "But.. why did you guys come in sperarately?"

Mina was silent for a moment looking at everyone's eyes. She was too tired to properly form a sentence. "B-because... For a moment." Somi let out a big sigh and started saying that Mina and Sana fought again. Mina didn't say anything and slowly made her way to her room. Tzuyu's eyes followed her best friend as she silently watched her go upstairs leading to the rooms.

Mina splashed water onto her face and started rubbing her face. She places both of her hands on the counter of the sink and stared at her reflection on the bathroom mirror. Mina heaved out a sigh. This was all her fault. If she just kept quiet and never confessed, this would of never happened. But she was an idiot to think that Sana will easily accept her feelings. After what happened before? No way. She'll never forgive her. 

 The next morning, everyone came back to Seoul. Thankfully no one had classes in the morning that day and just spent the whole morning hanging out in Mina's shared apartment. While everyone was in the living room chatting, Mina laid down on her bed staring at the ceiling. She thought about what happened over the weekend and all it brought to her was ache in her heart. She was too deep in thought to hear her door opening and closing. 

"Mina-yah." Mina flinched and sat up to see her roommate standing by the door.

"Oh. Hey Nayeon unnie." Mina gave her a smile that didn't reach her eyes. Nayeon made her way to Mina's bed and sat on the space Mina made room for her to sit. 

"Why aren't you with everyone outside?" Nayeon asked. 

Mina only shrugged and stared at the floor. She could feel Nayeon's stare and debating whether or not she should tell Nayeon what happened during the trip. Nayeon knew something went wrong with Mina and a particular blonde. Before Mina could open , Nayeon spoke up.

"Let me guess... You and Sana fought?" Nayeon waited for an answer but guessing by the silence Mina was giving her, she took it as a yes. She let out a tired sigh. Those two never stopped fighting. But she felt that this fight was different from the others seeing how Mina was avoiding the living room. 

"What happened during the trip?" Nayeon said, placing a gentle hand on Mina's shoulder and giving it a comforting squeeze. Mina was fiddling with her hands. Nayeon patted her shoulder. 

"If you really don't want to talk about it, that's fine. But just remember me and Jungyeon are here for you." Nayeon gave her a smile and stood up when she heard her name being called in the living room. She gave Mina a pat on her head and left Mina alone in her room. Mina let out a groan and fell backwards onto her bed. She was emotionally drained and decided to fall asleep. 

 

Few hours later, Mina woke up to find that everyone left her apartment besides Nayeon and Jungyeon. She see's Jungyeon sprawled out on the couch watching TV while Nayeon was cooking. Nayeon felt a presence of another person in the room and looked up to see Mina standing by the entrance of the living room. Nayeon carried a pot all the way to the dining table and placed it in the middle and directed Mina with her hands to come and sit down. 

Mina walked over and sat down followed by Jungyeon and Nayeon and began eatting lunch together. After they were done, Mina went to her room to change to go to her afternoon classes. When she was done, she put on her backpack said goodbye to Jungyeon and Nayeon before leaving the apartment. She put her earphones on and stuffed her hands in her pockets to keep them warm from the cold breeze. 

She later arrived infront at her class but stopped in her tracks when she was face to face with the girl who has been in her mind the whole day. They stood there staring at each other before Sana broke eye contact and turned the knob of the door open and walked in. Mina followed but stopped immediately when she finds Somi and Chaeyoung clapping for them infront of the door. 

"Congratulations, Sana and Mina-unnie, you guys won the discount for Kimchihyo. Somi said smiling. Mina only faked a smile and laughed while Sana just walked pass them to her desk. When she sat down, both Momo and Tzuyu came over. Momo began teasing her for putting her life on the line just for a discount at Jihyo's restaurant. Mina sat there awkwardly. Tzuyu brought up the idea of going and eating together which Momo agreed but Sana shot them down by telling them she has plans today. Momo pouted and looked at Tzuyu who shrugged and went to their desk. 

 

Sana's break time came and she decided to go to Kimchihyo not to eat but to talk to someone. She sat patiently at a table with a plate of dessert near the corner and let out a quiet sigh. She placed both of her arms on the table waiting for the owner of the restaurant. 

Jihyo watched from a far and saw how troubled Sana looked. She probably thought Sana had something important to talk about since she recieved a call from the blonde. She slowly walked toward's the girl. Thankfully the restaurant wasn't busy today and it was a reasonable amount of people that the other staff can handle themselves so Jihyo didn't have to worry about the place becoming a mess. 

Jihyo sat down on the chair infront of Sana and placed her clasped hands on the table. "Sana-yah, why do you look so sad today?" 

"Huh?" Sana acted as if she wasn't sad and began eating the plate of the dessert she hasn't touched since coming here. 

"There isn't something wrong, right?" 

"No." Sana shoved a big spoonful of the cake into mouth. Jihyo laughed and placed her chin on her hand, directing her attention to a couple that's laughing near the wall. 

"How can they be that happy?" Jihyo spoke while keeping her eyes on the couple. Sana followed her line of sight and watched as the couple played together. "Just by looking at each other and no words?" 

Sana turned her heard to look at Jihyo."Unnie, why are you so sentimental today?" Jihyo looked back at Sana before she smiled and leaned forward. 

"You know, there's this couple that always come to this restaurant often. In my opinion, they look really good together," Sana nodded. "but they always say they don't and fight but you can see it that they like each other." 

Sana grinned and laughed. "They have something going on." 

"Thats what I think." Jihyo nodded, "Having feelings for someone can't be hidden well. Even though they don't know, it all gets revealed." Jihyo smiled and gave Sana knowing look. Sana stared back confused. "What?" Jihyo smiled wider. Then Sana's mind clicked. "Are you talking about me right now?" Jihyo gave her a nod. "With Myoui Mina?" Jihyo nodded again.

Sana let out a sound of denial. "Ah, it really isn't like that!"

"Really? Not even a little?"

"Why would I?" Sana's voice turned serious. 

"Eh, I don't think so." 

"That will never happen." Sana said sternly. 

"Mina is a good person. Why not?" Jihyo placed a finger on her chin. "She's affectionate and warm-hearted."

Sana sighed. "Unnie, you know why." Jihyo pouted. 

"Because of that incident?" Sana stabbed her fork through the cake and shoved it into . "I don't know about back then, but Mina seems really sincere now."

"Yeah, she is sincere," Sana said. "She's sincere to all the girls in the world. That Myoui is the type of person that can become sincere only when he needs to be. Temporary sincerity." Sana scowled and continued eating her cake. 

"Did something else happen?" Jihyo asked.

Sana sighed. "Then and now, she hasn't even changed one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter