Tea

The Housemate Agreement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EXT - Jeju International Airport Parking Lot - Saturday, Noon     "Isn't this nice?!" Wendy shouts as she starts their rental open jeep. She got the two housemates together at the back leaving her with her luggage at the passenger's seat.    It turned out that Jaehyun's flight was coincidentally the one Wendy handled. Leaving no room for him to escape. She offered to give Jaehyun a ride, an offer he can't help not to refuse. Little did he know she was going to have Emi with her.    As the gust of wind welcomes the three, two housemates were silent side by side. Wendy tried to fight the deafening silence with blasting summer tracks, as well as her occasional chatter, but the awkwardness can't be denied coming from the two. Emi chose to look at view of Jeju's crystal blue waters, trying to look at her left where he sat. Jaehyun tried to close his eyes, and catch a nap despite Wendy's efforts.    As the road gets bumpy, and Jaehyun falls into deep sleep, his head fall unconsciously on Emi shoulders leaving her wide eyed. Wendy did a silent screech as she witnessed everything happen on her rear view mirror. Emi went frozen in panic. This is nice - she thought. That in his sleep, she was able to be this close to him again.    They stayed like that 'til they reach the Jaehyun's stop. Not wanting to ruin the moment, Wendy turned to the two and snapped a photo. Making Emi panic.    "This is part of my Jeju 2016 memories scrapbook, relaaaaax!", she whispered before putting her tongue out to best friend.    "Emiiiiiiiiiii!!!" It was Doyoung shouting from the distance and approaching the car with Taeil following him.   "Moment ruined.", Wendy muttered, rolling her eyes.    Startled, Jaehyun slowly got up from his slumber. A bit confused as to how he landed on Emi's shoulder. He whispers an apology, making his housemate shake her head in response.    Starting the car once more, Wendy bids goodbye to the bunch. "Well I guess we'll see you again at the airport, yeah?"    "Why don't you stay with us?" Suggested by the elder one, "I do believe Jaehyun won't mind.", as he puts his arm around him. "Besides, we've got lots of rooms, we rented the whole area to ourselves."    "Lots and lots of rooms!", Doyoung excitedly offered.   The two girls looked at each other's eyes. With Emi telephatically pleading her friend will say no. "Well if you insist." Wendy throws her luggage up in the air, for Doyoung to catch. "Take my luggage will you..."    Emi awkwardly laughs at her bestfriend's dramatic demeanor - thinking of the awkward consequences that could follow, only to catch Jaehyun looking at her. He turned his head the other way as soon as he realized she caught him, making her look down on the ground trailing her friends.   

 

  INT. - Emi and & Wendy's Unit, Farm's Village, Jeju Island   Fixing her things by the vanity, Emi asked her bestfriend, "What are we doing here?"    "Taking a break. We're on a holiday, chin up darlin!", as Wendy gets out of the bathroom already donned in her beach outfit.    "But why specifically here?"   Wendy shrugs her off by shutting the door. Making Emi sigh, not looking forward for another two days of awkward instances with her housemate. 

 

 

INT. - Taeil & Jaehyun's Unit, Farm's Village, Jeju Island   Jaehyun throws his bag on the bed, "What did you make them stay?"    "Because they're friends.", Taeil said, while reading a book by the terrace.    "But why specifically here?"    Taeil waves him off by looking at the view, putting on his headphones. Jaehyun scratched his head, thinking of a possible escape plan.   

 

EXT - Farms Village, Jeju Island

  The boys were playing by the water, girls were chilling by the pool, reading a book under the sun. Taeil was cooking dinner. Doyoung decided to bring out the the fun and brought water guns. Attacking everybody. Each got their own, making it not safe for someone dry.    In the efforts to take cover, Emi tried to run from house to house, as Yeri was about to shoot her, she was pulled by a hand towards a small alley. The area was shaded - a blind spot for anyone aiming their gun. Both were breathing in synch, out of fun and nervousness. As soon as Emi looked up to see the hero's face she froze, it was Jaehyun. All she could do was look down and say her thanks.    "No problem.", he replied, staring at her shy eyes which was trying to look away from him.   Emi can't take this, she was so frustrated with how he was acting these few weeks, she can't stand him right now.    As she decides to walk away, he stopped her by grabbing her arms. She looked back with a striking look, taunting him. He signaled her to be quiet, drawing her clos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter