Fireworks

The Housemate Agreement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXT - Farms Village, Jeju Island - Sunday, 3:00AM

 

“Emi? Is that you? Can you hear me? Don’t hang up. Please.”, Taeyong’s voice was pleading.

“It’s past three in the morning Tae, what do you want?”, her tone was trying to be polite.

With a sigh of relief, he said,“I’m just glad you finally answered my call.”

“Tae.”

“I know. I know. I just miss you.”,

“Taeyong, it’s been more than a month. All these calls, it’s just not helping at all.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I know.”

“I guess, I just want to thank you for taking this one last call.”

“Goodnight.”, she bit her lip, ending the call. A bit dazed, yet finally relieved. 

 

 

EXT - Farms Village, Jeju Island - Sunday, 3:30 AM

Emi returned to the patio with no one in sight, and the bonfire still lit. With her arms crossed, she slowly returned to her unit to find Jaehyun outside his. Both acknowledged each other’s presence.

Without saying a word, she approaches the door, with him still watching her. She bowed to him as he returns with a wave of his beer bottle. He waited for her to come back. Why can’t she say a word? Why can’t he say a word? Both looked up and sighed. She was by the door. And he was outside. She was thinking of the kiss they shared. He was thinking of the Captain’s call that came.

 

 

INT - Farms Village, Wendy & Emi's Unit, Kitchen - Sunday, 7:30 AM

 

“No. No. NO! You’re doing it all wrong.”

It was about 7:30AM in the morning in Jeju, and the Wendy’s voice can be heard by the whole resort village. She decided to make breakfast for everyone, with Taeil and Doyoung’s help.

Cupping Doyoung’s face, “Are you cooking frittata in a sauce pan? Where are we, prison? Have some respect for the food!”, the young man just nods out of respect and fear. Grabbing the nearest pan he could reach.

The elder one is focused on flipping pancakes mixed from scratch. Wendy on the other hand is preparing fruit slices.

“Emiiiiii”, she screeched. “Good morning, love.”

Emi waved at everyone, still sleepy. She grabbed bacon from the plate, resulting to Wendy hitting her hand.

“Good Morning!’, Jaehyun chirped. Entering the girls’ unit for coffee. He lightly taps Emi’s head, making her cheeks go red.

He rests his elbows on Taeil’s shoulders. “I was wondering why there was no coffee ready in our unit.”

Taeil pointed at Wendy, “She got everything from us. Don’t blame this on me.”

As Jaehyun took a sip of his coffee, he faces a shy Emi once more. “Good Morning,”, she greeted softly. He chuckled, as his hand reaches for her hair, tucking it behind her ear. Making her freeze, as he smirks.

“Emi, honey. Do please set up the table.”, her best friend wakes her up from her trance.

“Oh? Oh. Yes!”, making her stand up and reach for the cupboard. She finds nothing there.

“Go to our unit, it’s all there. Disposable plates, cups and all that jazz.”, Taeil instructs her.

Unwillingly she walked towards Jaehyun and Taeil’s unit. Spotting her housemate with his coffee mug by the kitchen.

“Taeil said I should get the disposable plates and cups here.”, she said.

He points towards the kitchen cabinets that she knows were too high for her to reach. But still she dared to get them anyway, tip toeing. Amused at the sight of her trying, he decides to take matters into his own hands. Putting down his mug by the counter. He puts his hands to the both side of her waist, taking her by surprise. Flipping her to face him, she could see his smug smile. Lifting her up on the counter, making her wide eyed.

He reached for the bag of disposable plates, with his face inches from her. He also reached for cups, prolonging the agony by going even nearer to her. Seemingly teasing and taunting her. And lastly for the utensils, he moves towards her, their noses almost touching before he turns around to reach for his coffee. He stacked everything for her, and said “There you go.”

He caught off guard, all she could do was jump down from the counter. She held on to the pack of disposables trying not to make eye contact. “Thanks.”  

Wendy who was standing at the door witnessed the whole thing. Emi saw her with wide opened as she walks past her. “WHAT? THE. HELL. WAS THAT?”, her best friend furiously whispered as they walk towards the breakfast table by the patio.

“Can we talk about it later? I’m having a hard time processing everything.”

Taken aback, Wendy tried to calm herself down but failed. “You’re having a hard time processing everything? What about freakin’ moi?!”

“Let’s just talk later please.”

“Fine.”, Wendy forms a thin line with her lips, flipping her hair as she walks back to their unit.

 

 

INT - Farms Village, Wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter