Packed Lunch

The Housemate Agreement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
INT. - Neo Culture - Lunch Time, Wednesday   Jaehyun was on the phone with Emi, "Okay, I'll see the two of you in a bit. Be careful on your way." And he meant it with all seriousness. Emi just passed her driver's test two days ago, and today Wendy was kind enough to sacrifice herself, and have Emi drive them to Neo Culture for lunch using her car. The thought of that amused Jaehyun, for he suffered trauma just by Emi driving his car for a minute or two last weekend   Doyoung was beside him in the Chef's counter area as they prepare the two ladies' meal. Jaehyun was weirdly too cheerful today, making Taeil question him.   "Your girl is having lunch here again?", he asked. Jaehyun just looked at him with a blank look, trying not to react.    "Hey, she's mine!", Doyoung protests as he chops off some vegetables.    "No." Taeil pressed, putting his arms around the two boys, "She's the Captain's girl, remember?!" It made Doyoung pout, but it felt like someone did an ice bucket challenge on Jaehyun. Making him stare at the distance, sighing as he continued to sprinkle sesame seed on the seasoned chicken.    The two girls arrived in one piece, with Wendy looking pale. Of course she would be, with Emi's driving skills.    Emi was carrying a bunch of long stemmed rose with her, making Doyoung curious. "Did you go flower shopping before coming here?"    "Ahhhh, nope. She got it from the Captain.", Wendy winked. Making Doyoung gasp and walk away. At the same time Jaehyun went on a brief pause as he was plating a dish. Forming a thin line with his lips, he breaths a heavy sigh and lifelessly shouted for an order to be served.    "Do you guys ever deliver?!", Wendy asks out of the blue.   "Not really.", Jaehyun replied.    "You should! We've been craving for your food each and every time we go to lunch because airport food are all the same. Right, Emi?", Wendy pouted.    Surprised, Emi just looks at her and Jaehyun. Not knowing if she should force it or not. She's been eating Jaehyun's dishes for weeks now the whole delivery thing might be pushing it.    "Or... you could just make a packed lunch for Emi and I! Or just Emi. She's the one who keeps talking about the food she ate here."    Emi tried to stop her friend by tugging the end of Wendy's skirt. But failed.    Jaehyun looked at Emi smiling, "You love my dishes that much, huh?"    Jaehyun tried to aim his finger towards Emi's cheeks, but she shielded herself by covering her face with both her hands. Admiring the two, Wendy watched the poking battle she eats.   

 

EXT. - Park near Neo Culture - After Lunch

  After their lunch, the girls decided to get ice cream and eat it by the park.    "Had it ever occured to you that Jaehyun is a really lovely guy?"    "He is a really lovely person."    "No. Not like he's nice kind of lovely but - a person you like kind of lovely?"    "I like Jaehyun, he's nice."    "No. I mean... someone you can be in a relationship with kind of lovely."    "Oh.", trying to pick up what Wendy was trying to say. "I don't know."    "Has he been doing things lately that makes your heart beat fast?"    Yes he does. But she lied,"I don't know. I don't think so."    "Do you feel more at ease with him or with Taeyong?"   Yes he does. But she lied, "I don't really know." Guilty of breaking the promise of her telling everything to Wendy, she adds. "He's my housemate. He's sorta like a bestfriend. A person I could lean on."    "Up to you, girl. I'm just putting it out there."   

 

INT. - His & Her Apartment - Friday Night 

  As Emi was fixing herself in her bedroom after a long day's work, Jaehyun was all cozied up on the couch reading a picture book he purchased from the bookstore next to Neo Culture.    "What's that?", she asks as she heads down the stairs.    "A book."   "What kind of book?"    "A thought provoking novel.", he's acting as if he has glasses on.    "What is it called?"    "Nancy the Cat, it's about the mouse bringing a cat into a mice village."    She sat beside him, trying to look at the page he was reading, "Can I see?"    "No.", as he tries to hide the book from her.   
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter