Cheese Plate

The Housemate Agreement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    INT. - His & Her Apartment, Kitchen - 7:00AM - Wednesday   Jaehyun decided to prepare a full breakfast for him and his housemate for this particular morning. He felt like Emi had a rough week based on their conversations at the bus, and it's only proper of him to somewhat make her feel better with food, like he always have. And let's face it, their last full breakfast- which was served by Emi, was a frantic disaster.    He prepared coffee. English breaksfast tea for Emi - because coffee makes her sleepy. Fried bacon, sausages and eggs. And didn't burn one toast.  Emi thought she was dreaming when she came down with a table filled with food before her. When it sunk in, she approached Jaehyun to weakly punch his arms - an expression of thanks in Emi language.    "This is fancy! Having a chef housemate is the best thing I ever did for myself.", preparing herself to dig in.    Jaehyun was drinking his coffee accross her, then suddenly her phone rang with Taeyong calling. She panicked and stood up to answer.    "Hey... Yes. I just woke up.", she walked out to the yard to continue the conversation.    Leaving Jaehyun alone at the table. Thinking that the breakfast he prepared seemed to go wrong at the end. He decided to eat ahead, as Emi was taking a while with her phone.  He left portions for Emi to eat once she's done. When Emi came back inside, she was left with her housemate washing the dishes, and a table set up for one.    "You're done already?!", she whined.    "You took a long while. And I have to go early at the restaurant.", he lied. Trying to save face.    Biting her lips, "Oh." was all she could say.   "Why don't you have lunch at the restaurant then, since the thought of you in a kitchen is never a pleasant one.", he suggested, earning a glare.   Pouting, as she was about to take a bite of the sausage, "That could be a good idea. I was thinking of a take out."   "Come to the restaurant then, I'll cook you whatever you want, a Neo Culture limited edition meal.", As he organized the dry dishes to their respectful place.    "Bibimbap(Korean Lunch in a Bowl) or Haemul Pajeon(Korean Pancakes) , please?!", rubbing her hands together, seemingly trying to be cute, to be more favorable as possible.   "Okay then, see you lunch time.", he winked, walking away from the kitchen.     As Jaehyun rushes to his car, trying to complete his "Early at the restaurant" act, he decided to call Doyoung to accompany him at the market to buy the ingredients for Emi's Limited Edition menu. He sighed, as he starts the car, thinking what he got himself into.   

 

INT. - Neo Culture - Back Porch - Wednesday, an hour before Neo Culture Opens     "You're awfully early today." Hyeri greeted Jaehyun who was surprisingly sitting with a glass of water rather than a cigarrete in hand.     "Aren't I always?", he smirked.   She shot him back. "Bull.", as she huffs and puffs. "Doyoung kept on chatting about his cabin crew sweetheart that is the housemate of yours will be coming for lunch today."    Jaehyun drinks his water, as Hyeri sits close to him. "Why aren't you smoking?"    Putting his arm around her, "I'm quitting it for good."    With a look of disbelief, she shot him back again. "Bull."    He scoffs, "It's true. I'm really quitting."  Hyeri blew smoke towards his face in response, "Suit yourself.", leaving Jaehyun looking down with a smile.    He decided to quit smoking mostly because of the fact he doesn't seem to feel it's helping him cope with his recent situation. And overall, it's not just for him, but for everyone around him. Considering the fact that Emi had to wave off the smoke whenever they talk by his smoking area at their yard. Not to mention those times where Taeil keeps on robbing his stash, just to make him stop smoking. He felt that now is the time to make the change.     

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter