NEW TERM…NEW BEGINNING

I GOT A BOY

Two months later…Pledis U…

            “So, you got everything in here?” Junghyeon said as she watched his brother came into the dorm room with his last luggage.

            “Yup…I’m so glad that you’re the one who send me…mom would cry…like she always does…even though it’s already my third year…” Jeonghan put his luggage by his bed.

            “Well…you know mom…you’re her baby boy…by the way, do you have to bring along your keyboard?”

            “Yup…it’s better here than in my room at home…at least I can play it here…”

            “Looks like you gonna have a third wheel between you and Jisoo this time around…”

Both of them looked at an empty bed across the room.

            “You’re still thinking that I’m dating Jisoo? Noona please…we’re just friends…” Jeonghan shook his head. His sister won’t believe him no matter how he told her that he and Jisoo weren’t an item.

            “He’s a cute guy…single…and definitely not straight…how am I not convinced that you two weren’t dating?”

            “Because Jeonghan is not my type…”

The two siblings turned and saw a guy standing at the door.

            “Jisoo ah…” Jeonghan welcomed him with a hug. “How’s LA?”

            “Great…hot…as always…hi noona…” Jisoo hugged Junghyeon.

            “Hey cutie…so what is your type then?”

            “Someone that’s definitely not Jeonghan…” he winked at Jeonghan.

            “Yeah right…so, since you’re here…I better leave…I have to get to the office before the meeting start…”

            “Do you have to go noona? I thought we’re gonna have lunch together…” Jeonghan frowned.

            “I can’t…there’s a big meeting and I can’t miss it…next time ok? I’ll buy…anything you want…” she ruffled Jeonghan’s hair. “You…” she looked at Jisoo. “Take care of my baby boy ok? Anything happens to him; you better let me know…”

            “Nae noona…” Jisoo nodded.

            “Here…” Junghyeon handed Jeonghan an envelope. “Since I don’t get you anything…spend it wisely…”

            “Nae…” Jeonghan grinned.

After Junghyeon left…

            “I can’t believe we got to room together again this year…and our old dorm on top of that…” Jisoo said while arranging his stuff at his side of the room. “Now I know why they said room on ground level is the best…I’m so done climbing up the stairs when the elevator is not working…”

            “Yeah…but I wonder who the third guy is…I hope he’s not as sloppy as you…” Jeonghan sat on his bed.

            “Yaa!” Jisoo throw a piece of his sweater towards Jeonghan.

            “It’s true…” Jeonghan stuck his tongue out.

            “Ok…maybe just a little…”

            “A little? Please…I practically had to clean up after you…every single time…”

            “Yea, yea…whatever…so…that’s the keyboard Junghyeon noona bought for you?”

Jisoo went to Jeonghan desk and played a piece on the keyboard.

            “Nice…” he said as his slender fingers slides on the keys. “I bet it cost her  fortune…”

            “Not really…well…it’s not enough to make a dent on her bank account though…but I deserved it…after what she put me through…” Jeonghan still remembered vividly the day he had at the studio…wedding dresses, heels…and eventually that guy he modelled with, Seungcheol.

*I wonder what he’s doing now?* Jeonghan smiled, thinking about that big brown eyes of his.

            “Yaa…I’ve seen that pictorial…and I gotta say, you looked exactly like a girl…even my brother had on a crush on you…well, he didn’t know that you’re on the magazine though…”

            “I dunno whether that’s a compliment or insult…hold up…you’ve seen the pictorial? Not just the photos I sent you?” Jeonghan sat up.

            “Yeah…they released the online version of the magazine couple of weeks ago…why? You didn’t know?”

Jeonghan shook his head.

            “Let me tell you…I’ve seen all the comments and it says nothing but compliments…”

            “Well, I can live with that then…”

            “Yaa, I’m getting hungry…let’s go get something to eat…”

            “Sure…”

Meanwhile…at the other side of the city…

            “Your last job is officially done…” Baekho said, looking at the tired Seungcheol in his seat, next to him.

            “Finally…now I need to get busy with my school…great…” Seungcheol rolled his eyes.

            “It’s in the contract…Aron hyung wanted you to finish your studies more than anything…that is why he only allow your schedule on your term break…” Baekho closes his planner.

            “So, did you find any apartment close to the university?” Seungcheol asked.

            “Actually…I don’t…”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Well…you’re going to live at the dorm…”

            “Dorm?” Seungcheol’s eyes shot wide open.

            “Yeah…it’s required that all third year students to stay in the campus…”

            “But in Fantagio third year students can live out campus…”

            “I guess Pledis is different then…when I go to the U the other day to settle on your school fees and get all of your class info, they told me the rule…”

            “Oh man…” Seungcheol sighed.

            “Look at the bright side…at least you don’t have long commute to your classes…and you can come home on the weekends…”

            “I guess…”

            “Here…” Baekho gave Seungcheol a big brown envelope. “This is all you need to start your year…schedules, classes…your room designation…you’ll be sharing a room so behave…no sleep walking, sleep talking…or whatever you do while you’re sleeping…”

            “How am I supposed to control that? It’s was my subconscious state…”

            “But still…”

Seungcheol was dreaded with the new arrangement, he’s not familiar with the place and he’s worried about making new friends.

            “Don’t worry…you’ll be fine…” Baekho patted Seungcheol’s thigh. ‘I’ll help you with the moving…”

            “Thanks hyung…”

That night…

Jisoo and Jeonghan were lounging around in their room watching the movie on Jisoo’s flat screen TV on the wall when a guy barged in.

            “Hyung!”

Tall, dark haired guy lunged towards Jeonghan and hugged him.

            “Mingyu ah…” Jeonghan said, wrapping his arm around the taller guy. “I swear you got taller every time I see you…”

            “I missed you hyung…”  Mingyu spun Jeonghan around as if he was a doll.

            “Yaa! Put me down! I’m getting dizzy…” Jeonghan squealed.

            “Hey Wonwoo…” Jisoo fist bumped with the guy followed behind Mingyu.

            “Hey hyung…” Wonwoo replied with a smile.

            “Your boy never changes…” Jisoo said shaking his head, looking at Mingyu who’s still having his arm around Jeonghan’s shoulder.

            “He’s just excited to see his hyung…” Wonwoo chuckled, watching his boyfriend.

            “Where’s the rest of the team?” Jisoo asked.

            “Well…Seungkwan and Soonyoung will be here tomorrow, Jihoon probably already sleeping in his room…Hansol is with Minghao…getting some take outs for us as we’re speaking…Chan, Jun and Seokmin…hmm…I dunno where they are…probably scouting some freshies…”

A few moments later…

            “Hyung, who’s the third wheel?” Hansol said looking at the empty bed at the other side of the room.

            “I dunno…and what do you mean by third wheel? You’re sounding like my sister…” Jeonghan stared at Hansol.

            “Well…” Minghao said. “You and Jisoo hyung may need some time alone…you know…to be together…”

            “Me and Jeonghan?” Jisoo coughed.

            “Yeah…wait…you and Jeonghan are not dating?” Mingyu said, sounded like he was genuinely surprised.

            “Hell no…” Jisoo quickly gulped down his water. His eyes were watery. Jeonghan gently rubbed Jisoo’s back to ease the coughing.

            “Let me state this once and for all…Jisoo and I are just friends…we’re brothers and brothers don’t date each other…get it?” Jeonghan looked at the younger ones in front of him.

            “Yeah…and Jeonghan is totally not my type…I can’t date a man that looked like a girl from the back…” Jisoo said laughing.

            “Yaa Hong Jisoo!” Jeonghan smacked his shoulder. “You’re just mad because I’m good looking than you…”

            “Whatever…”

            “This is the hyungs I know…” Wonwoo grinned.

            “Babe…are you going to finish that?” Mingyu said to Wonwoo, eyeing the slice of untouched pizza on the older one’s plate.

            “Here…you can I have it…” Wonwoo gave the pizza to his boyfriend. “It’s still amazes me how you could eat so much…”

            “Thanks…” Mingyu gave Wonwoo a little peck on the cheek.

            “I always thought that you have some sort of black hole in your stomach…” Wonwoo shook his head.

            “But you love me anyway…”

The next day…

            “Where are you going?” Jisoo asked when he saw Jeonghan coming out from the bathroom fully dressed. It was still early and class only gonna start next week.

            “Soonyoung and Seungkwan needed someone to help them with their stuff…” Jeonghan grabbed his wallet and shove it into his back pocket. “Where’s my keys?”

            “Over there…” Jisoo pointed with his fingers. “You want me to come and help?”

            “It’s okay…Jun and Hansol gonna be there too…”

            “Good…I can just lazing around here then…” Jisoo slumped on the huge bean bag and the game console.

            “You want me to bring anything?”

            “No thanks…I’m good…”

            “See ya…”

Jeonghan left.

****************************************

Seungcheol looked around the unfamiliar surrounding…everything felt strange to him.

            “Don’t worry Seungcheol ah…you’re gonna be alright…”

            “I dunno hyung…”

He took a deep breath and exhaled.

*You can do this Seungcheol!* he kept repeating that in his head.

            “Your room should be on the ground level…let’s go…” Baekho said, carrying some of Seungcheol stuffs.

The two of them entered a huge three storey building on the west side of the campus. The building was surrounded by trees and there’s a basketball court on the left and a small fountain with benches around it.

            “At least it’s better looking than Fantagio…” Seungcheol said as he walked up the stairs to the entrance.

            “Yeah…”

After walking along the corridor, they finally found Seungcheol’s room.

            “Looks like you’ll gonna have roommates.”  Baekho said, knocking the door.

A voice answered from the inside.

            “Yes…” a guy with brown hair opened the door.

            “Hi…I’m supposed to be here…according to lodging details…” Seungcheol said a little nervous.

            “Yeah…c’mon in…let me help you with that…” he grabbed a box from Seungcheol. “I’m Jisoo by the way…”

            “Seungcheol…that’s my manager, Baekho hyung…” Seungcheol eyed the room. It was quite spacious with two bunk beds with one separate single bed at the either side of the room. There’s desks at the back, the only empty one would eventually belongs to him.

            “Manager?” Jisoo looked at him. “Interesting…”

            “It has its own bathroom…nice…” Baekho said as he put down Seungcheol’s stuff.

            “Yeah…um…I’m using the top bunk so you gotta have the bottom bunk since Jeonghan already had the single bed…” Jisoo said, patting his bed mattress.

            “It’s ok…I don’t mind actually…” “Seungcheol smiled. He’s beginning to like this roommate of his. Jisoo is the friendly, chatty kinda guy and he felt somewhat comfortable with him.

            “So, I have to go…call me if you need anything Seungcheol ah…” Baekho hugged Seungcheol.

            “Thank you so much hyung…I really owe you this one…”

            “Don’t mention it…you’re like my brother…” Baekho ruffled his hair.

After Baekho left…

            “You said that he’s your manager…what did you do exactly? If you don’t mind I’m asking…” Jisoo asked and sat at Jeonghan’s bed as he watched Seungcheol organising his stuff.

            “I’m a model actually…still a rookie though…” Seungcheol said.

            “Model? Cool…now that you’ve said it…I think I’ve seen you before…” Jisoo frowned, trying to remember.

            “You do?”

            “Yeah…but I don’t remember where or when…”

            “Who’s the other guy?” Seungcheol’s turn to ask Jisoo. “That stays in this room.”

            “Who? Jeonghan?”

Seungcheol nodded.

            “He’s a music major, which explain what that big keyboard that took much of his desk doing there, he like to play it so you better be prepared getting free serenade from him, friendly…kinda clean freak…so don’t be too shock when he tidy up your space…”

            “He sounded like my mom…I mean the clean freak part…”

            “Yeah…mine too…” Jisoo smiled. “So, I’m kinda hungry, you wanna go grab something to eat? The food here is the best…compared to other cafeteria…”

            “Sure…let me clean up my things a bit…”

Seungcheol end up learning a lot about this Jisoo guy. He’s music major, specialised in classical music, popular among the students since people kept saying hi to him all the way to the cafeteria.

            “You’re popular…” Seungcheol said when they were lining to get the food.

            “I like to think that I’m nice with people…” Jisoo smiled. “So you’re new here? Where did you go before?”

            “Fantagio…my agency said it’s better me to be here…so I follow what I’m told…”

            “You gonna love it here…that’s for sure…”

            “I sure hope so…”

**************************************

It’s almost midnight when Jeonghan finally went back to his room. The boys forced him to stay and he can’t say no since they practically locked him in their room. He tip toed inside and saw someone already occupied the bottom bunk bed.

*That must be the new guy…* he thought as he made way to the bathroom. After a quick wash and changed into his pyjama, he went outside and saw Jisoo looking at him.

            “Did I wake you?” Jeonghan asked. Jisoo is a light sleeper and he would wake up at the slightest noise.

            “No…I was about to when you came in…” Jisoo said, sitting up on his bed.

            “Is that the new guy?” Jeonghan pointed with his lips.

            “Yeah…where have you been anyway?”

            “The boys won’t let me go…they were asking for you but they know you can’t be separated from your games and bed…” Jeonghan settled into his own bed.

            “They got that right…”

            “How’s the new guy?” Jeonghan asked.

            “Great guy…a little shy and guess what, he’s a part time model…kinda cute…”

            “You’re already eyeing him?” Jeonghan frowned.

            “I said he’s cute, I didn’t say that he is my type…”

            “Even I wonder what your type is…” Jeonghan shook his head.

            “You’ll see…anyway, goodnight Han…”

            “Goodnight Soo…”

 

They were roommates....

Feel free to flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!