HURDLE AHEAD

I GOT A BOY

            “Hyung, would it be weird if I tell you that I’m falling for a guy?” Seungcheol said.

Baekho coughed, almost choked on the coffee he was drinking upon hearing Seungcheol’s words.

            “What?” he coughed again.

            “I think I’m falling for a guy…”

            “Are you for real Choi Seungcheol?” Baekho frowned at the younger man in front of him. He never expected to hear such words from him.

            “I guess…I mean…he’s been occupying my mind lately and I think he’s such a great guy to be with…he’s funny, caring…”

            “Is this for real?” Baekho was still in doubt.

Seungcheol never showed any interest in guys before and Baekho knew that he dated girls in the past.

            “I’m sure this is just a phase Cheol ah…everyone been through it…you’re in college, of course there will be the times when you wanted to experiment…”

            “You think?”

            “Could be…”

            “But I don’t feel anything for any other guy…just this particular one…”

Seungcheol came to the conclusion that he might…just might be falling in love with Jeonghan. After that night when he almost kissed Jeonghan, Seungcheol kept thinking about the guy…a lot. His eyes went to him every time they were alone or when he saw that Jisoo wasn’t looking…cause he wouldn’t want to get caught doing it.

And the chemistry he had with Jeonghan was incredible. It feels like he could open up just about everything with him.

            “May I know who the lucky one is?”

            “You know that guy worked with me on that wedding shoot?”

Baekho nodded.

            “He’s the one…”

            “For real?” Baekho eyes broadened.

            “Yeah…he’s my roommate…things somehow get complicated when I found out he was the girl…but we got work thing out eventually…”

            “No kidding…he’s your roommate?”

            “Yeah…funny huh? It seems like fate is playing a cruel joke on us…but it might just be a blessing in disguise.” Seungcheol smiled.

            “Seungcheol ah, are you sure about this?”

            “Well…yeah…I’ve never dated guys before and I never had any problem with two guys dating…so…why not?”

            “You are being serious?”

Seungcheol nodded.

            “Do you think Aron hyung might have a problem with this?”

This is a huge step for Seungcheol.

            “I don’t think so…he’s quite an open minded person…”

            “Maybe I could go and talk to him personally…just to make things clear.”

            “Seungcheol ah…you really like this guy?”

            “Yeah…he’s great hyung…he got good head on his shoulder, his friends adored him…and I think he’s great.”

            “Tell me…did this guy feel the same way about you?” Baekho asked.

            “Well…I think so…”

            “You’re really like him aren’t you?”

Seungcheol nodded with blushed cheeks. All he has to do now to find the perfect time to tell Jeonghan about his feelings and hoping for good news in return.

*************************************

Jeonghan paced back and forth in the room, twirling his pencil between his slender fingers.

            “Could you stop? It’s making me dizzy…” Jisoo shook his head as his eyes followed Jeonghan’s moves.

            “Then close your eyes…” Jeonghan said without looking.

            “You’re still thinking about Seungcheol?”

            “Well, he never left…that’s one thing for sure.”

            “Surprise, surprise…why don’t you just go up to the guy and confess? End of story.”

             “Confess? Are you crazy? He would pack up and leave as soon as I do that.”

            “You didn’t know that.”

            “I’m not ready risking my friendship with him by doing that…”

            “I’m going to the Seokmin’s room…think about it Han, you’ll never know……it might bring good if you just tell him how you feel…”

Jisoo left. Jeonghan lay on his bed looking at the ceiling. Why did life have to be so difficult like this?

            “I’m back…” Seungcheol walked in. “Where’s Jisoo?”

            “Seokmin’s room…”

Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan. He was determined to say what’s in his mind.

            “Jeonghan ah…”

            “What?”

Seungcheol went towards Jeonghan’s bed and sat at the edge of it.

            “Um…can I talk to you about something?”

            “Sure…” Jeonghan sat up facing Seungcheol, tucking his feet underneath him.

            “What if I say there’s a guy I know that fancy you?”

            “Fancy me?” Jeonghan frowned.

            “Well…yeah, he liked you a lot…but he was afraid to say anything…”

            “Why?”

            “Um…he never dated a guy before…”

            “He’s a closet guy?”

            “Not really…”

Seungcheol took a deep breath.

            “All I’m trying to say is…” he grabbed Jeonghan’s hand and squeezed it gently.

            “Seungcheol ah…you’re scaring me…” Jeonghan tried to pull his hand away but Seungcheol won’t let him.

            “I just want to say that…”

Then the door was wide opened, startled the both of them.

            “YOON JEONGHAN!!!”

A guy wearing a black face mask standing at the door. He took off the mask and smiled.

            “Kim Taehyung!”

Seungcheol watched as the guy hugged Jeonghan and spinning him around, causing the guy laughing his heart off. He got up from Jeonghan’s bed and went to his bunk.

            “What are you doing here Kim Taehyung?” Jeonghan said when Taehyung put him down.

            “Well, I’m back from the tour…” Taehyung looked at Seungcheol. “Hi…” he waved.

            “Hi…”

            “This is Seungcheol, my roommate…” Jeonghan introduced them.

            “I thought Jisoo was your roommate.”

            “He is…and so does Seungcheol here…tell me again why are you here?”

            “Like I say…my Europe tour is over and I have like two weeks off…so what better way to spend my holiday than being with you…”

Taehyung went towards Jeonghan and back hugged him, tucking his head on Jeonghan’s shoulder.

            “Don’t you miss me?”

            “No…”

            “Ok that hurts…” Taehyung pouted. “Hey, you changed your hair…I like it.”

            “Whatever…like seriously Tae…what are you doing here? I mean…not that I don’t like seeing you here but your manager…”

            “Don’t worry about Namjoon hyung, I told him that I won’t be causing any trouble…I’ll just stay with a friend until my next schedule starts.”

            “So you’re staying here?”

            “Yup…where else should I be?” Taehyung plopped on Jeonghan’s bed. “Hmm, bouncy…me like!”

            “Um…your penthouse perhaps?”

            “That deadly quiet place? Nope! I’d rather be here…with the boys…I can’t wait to meet them.”

Jeonghan shook his head. He was surprised to see Taehyung popping up at his dorm room out of nowhere.

            “I’m so tired from the flight…” Taehyung took off his jacket and lay down on the bed. “I’ll just take a nap for a while…ahhh…it’s good to be here…”

Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan.

            “Um…can I ask you something?” he said to Jeonghan.

            “About that guy?”

            “Yeah…”

            “Well, that’s Kim Taehyung also known as V…rising solo idol…”

            “No wonder he looked kinda familiar…” Seungcheol said, remembering the face.

            “Um…he’s a great friend of mine…we went to the same high school along with Jisoo but during our senior year he was scouted by a talent agency, and a year later he debut under the name V…”

            “Ohh…”

            “But I still don’t get it why he is here though…”

Jeonghan took Taehyung’s duffel bag and put it on his side of the room. He sat by the bed and stared at the sleeping Taehyung.

            “Good to see you again Tae…” he patted Taehyung’s .

 

I had to put Taehyung in here just because he's close with Jeonghan...

Tell me what you guys think.

BBYONG!!!