HELPING HANDS

I GOT A BOY

Seungcheol kept glancing over at Jeonghan. The guy had his long hair tied up into a bun with a pencil pierced through it looking like some kind of ancient head piece. He heard heavy sighs coming from him.

            “Jeonghan ah…is something wrong?” Seungcheol asked, rising from his bed and walked towards Jisoo’s desk, next to Jeonghan’s.

            “I dunno…” he leaned back against his seat and spun around.

            “What is it?” he sat in front of him.

            “I’m stuck with this song…I have the melody in my mind but the lyric part…urggh!” he kept pushing the keyboard keys filling the room with high pitch sound.

            “Can’t you ask Jihoon for help? I heard that he’s the resident genius lyricist…”

            “I can’t…he’s been busy with his own composing and I can’t burden him more…he helped me so much before…”Jeonghan got up and pace back and forth across the room. “The work due in two days and I’m stuck! Damn it!”

            “Just calm down…inspiration came when you least expected…”

            “Well, I need it now!”

Jeonghan was lying on his bed when Seungcheol came and throw him his jacket.

            “Let’s go…” Seungcheol said.

            “Huh?” Jeonghan looked at him with a frown.

            “Let’s get you out of here…it’s obvious you need fresh air so your brain could function again…” Seungcheol smiled.

            “Is that an insult?”

            “Nope…definitely not…c’mon…”

Jeonghan lazily get up from his bed, wore his jacket and followed Seungcheol.

            “Where are we going anyway? It’s already 10pm.”

            “You’ll see…”

Half an hour later…in a neighbourhood just outside the city…

            “Where are we?” Jeonghan asked, looking around the quiet neighbourhood.

Most of the shop already closed and there’s few people roaming around the streets in groups.

            “We’re in Eungbongsan…” Seungcheol said with a smile.

            “Eungbongsan? Never heard of it…”

            “Well, you do now…c’mon…better get some refreshment while we’re here…”

They stopped at the convenience store and bought some drinks and chips.

            “Are we there yet?” Jeonghan asked. The surrounding got a little colder as they were going uphill. The trees getting thicker and all he can see were roofs.

            “Just a little bit more…”

When Jeonghan saw the view in front of him, he stopped.

            “What’s wrong?” Seungcheol looked at him.

            “Don’t tell me that we’re gonna go up that…”

There’s probably hundreds of steps of the long stairs leading up to the hill.

            “It’s not that bad…I’ve been here before and it’s gonna end before you know it.”

            “I’m not going up there! It’s like hiking…and during night time!”

            “C’mon…I’m sure it’s gonna worth it…”

            “Nope…not gonna happen…”

Jeonghan turned around. Before he could take a step, Seungcheol grabbed him by the wrist.

            “Oh c’mon…it’s not that bad…the step is small and you could barely feel it…”

            “Nope!”

            “Please…” Seungcheol pleaded with his big puppy eyes.

            “Nope! Not gonna happen!”

15 minutes later, Jeonghan was panting as he took another step.

            “I hate you Choi Seungcheol!” he said between breaths. He stopped midway, hunching over the handrail, trying to catch his breath.

*If I didn’t give in to that damn puppy eyes…* he muttered.

            “Yea, yea…c’mon, there’s only a few left to go…” Seungcheol walked backwards.

            “You said that 10 minutes ago…”

            “Stop being a whiny guy Yoon Jeonghan…”

            “Shut up!”

            “I’ll guarantee it will be worth it…c’mon…”

            “Why did I even agree to this? I should’ve never left my bed…”

They arrived at the top of the hill a while later. It was fairly lit area, a small park with huge traditional gazebo in the middle of it. There’s a few people around, mostly couples spending some alone time together.

Seungcheol pulled Jeonghan’s hand and brought him to a lookout point a few feet away from the gazebo.

            “Welcome to the top of Eungbongsan…” Seungcheol said, spreading his arms wide open, inhaling the cool night breeze. “Korea’s top 3 best night view voted by the citizen.”

Jeonghan smiled. The lights from the street lamps and the expressway made everything looked like a photo from a magazine. The buildings across the river looked so small and cars are like tiny ants.

            “This is awesome Seungcheol ah…” he can’t stop aweing at the magnificent view.

            “See? I told you you’re gonna like it…”

A while later…the pair was sitting on a bench together, looking over the city.

            “How did you know about this place anyway?” Jeonghan asked.

            “I did a shoot here before…during the day…then I thought what would it be like on night time…I came and instantly fell in love with it…”

            “I can’t belief this place existed…”

            “Well, neither do I…here…”Seungcheol hand over a can of beer to Jeonghan.

            “Thanks…”

            “So, did it help with your writing?” Seungcheol asked, taking a sip of his own beer.

            “I dunno…but this is what I actually need…a break…thank you Seungcheol ah…for bringing me here.”

            “I’m glad I could help…it’s beautiful here isn’t it?”

            “Yeah…this might be my new fave place in the city…”

            “You’re the first person I brought here…”

Jeonghan looked at Seungcheol.

            “I am?”

            “Yeah…” he nodded.

            “You’re telling me that you’ve never brought your girlfriend here before?”

            “Wait…girlfriend?” Seungcheol frowned.

            “Yeah…the girl that with you I saw you with in our dorm room…isn’t she your girlfriend?”

            “Who? Mina?”

            “Uh huh…”

            “She’s not my girlfriend…we’re study partners.”

            “Yeah right…” Jeonghan rolled his eyes. “The girl is gorgeous…there’s no way that she’s only a study partner…and I heard you calling her ‘dear’…”

            “It’s just our friendly way of talking…just like you and Jisoo.”

            “Me and Jisoo?”

            “Yeah…don’t think I didn’t hear all that pet names you keep calling each other…”  

            “We’ve been always like that…”

            “So, you and Jisoo are dating?”

            “No…I don’t date my brother…”

            “Well, the boys think otherwise…and frankly, me too…”

            “Look…Jisoo and I are close, we’re brothers…and before you ask…we tried to date each other…just one date but it’s plain weird…he’s just not what I’m looking in a guy…and he felt the same.”                       

            “Picky much?” Seungcheol raised an eyebrow.

            “I just don’t want another heart break…”

Seungcheol glanced over at Jeonghan.

*Why do I felt some kind of relief when he said Jisoo and him aren’t dating?* he thought in silence.

            “You’re crazy Choi Seungcheol!”

            “Did you say something?” Jeonghan stared at him.

            “No…nothing…” he was mentally slapping his head.

It was almost 2 am when they finally got back at the dorm.

            “Thanks for tonight Seungcheol ah…it really helped me…”

            “It’s ok…I’m glad you had fun…”

The next morning…

            “Ok, I’m off to class…” Seungcheol said heading to the door. “See ya guys later…”

            “Bye…” Jeonghan said while brushing his hair.

After Seungcheol left…

            “Ok…now spill…” Jisoo pulled his chair and sat in front of Jeonghan. “Where did you go last night?”

            “What?”

            “Don’t play dumb with me Han…you went out with Seungcheol last night and when you get back, it’s almost two in the morning.”

            “I thought you were sleeping.”

            “I did…but I woke up when I heard you two came in…now, spill the details…I wanna know it all. You two went out on a date?” Jisoo wiggled his eyebrows.

            “It’s not a date…I was stuck with lyric writing and he was just helping me releasing some tension and help me unwind.”

            “Where did you go?”

            “This place called Eungbongsan…it was awesome up there Jisoo ya…the view is to die for…”

            “Well, good for you…I was worried when I got back and saw you weren’t around…I called but your phone was here…but then Seungcheol texted me saying that he’s with you…”

            “He did?”

            “Yeah…”

A bulb of light went on in his mind and Jeonghan rushed to his desk. Taking out his notebook, flows of words coming out from him.

 

An update!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!