Our Story-Another Confession

Yongseo Oneshot+ Stories

He showed his feeling so much on broadcast despite our ambiguous status. I love it. On Christmas Eve 2012 he picked me up from practice at about 11 pm because I want to spend the night with my family. I am sure he was really tired because he just come back from Japan hours ago but he still picked me up, and surprisingly, without my knowing, he already asked my parents’ permission to meet me so that I can come back home a little late, and they gave him the green light.

We didn’t go to restaurant to dine together, nor go to amusement park or another Christmas party center; he just drove to Han River. ‘We can see firework show from silent place, ain’t you glad?’ he said, and I just nodded my head, really didn’t have any suspicious feeling because this is not our first time went out like this. We chitchat like always while waiting for the firework shows until he said he forgot something and went out from the car. He handed me the really big flower bouquet he just took from the car trunk. ‘Merry Christmas’ He said while giving the bouquet. There was a letter on top of it, just like the first time he gave me flower on last day of WGM filming. “Should I read it now?” “Yes you should. Eh, no, you must”.

I think the letter will be a long one, but beyond my expectation, it was just a sentence. Not a long sentence, just 3 magical words: ‘I love you’. “This is already my 3rd time confess to you, will you officially be my girlfriend?” My heart beat so fast, my brain froze, my mind went blank and I forgot how to breathe. And at the same time, the firework show starts. “Come on, you should breath Hyun ah, and it is already 25th of Dec, I need to bring you home as soon as possible, so just give me an answer, eo?.” He said chodingly. My brain seemed to not be functioning properly yet because I couldn’t say anything and I just hug him and shed a tear.

“Why?” He asked. I nodded, I kept nodding until he broke our hug and brush my tear. “Look at the flower, there is more than the letter.” And yea, I found a box inside the bouquet. “It is a real ring now, not the 2000 won ring.” I shed another tear, but I could start joking “What will you do with the ring if I still didn’t accept you or I throw the bouquet away?” “I know right. But it will never happen because this time I am really confident that you will accept me so that is why I didn’t think twice to put the ring there. I love you. Jinjja, neomu saranghae.” “Nado, saranghaeyo, Oppa.”

So finally, on Christmas morning in 2012,I started opening my heart fully, challenging the dating world.