Epilogue: My Taeyong

My Taeyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Ten saw Taeyong for the first time, he never imagined he's be so smitten by him. Not solely because of his appearance, which was very impressive, but also his charms. He was the person Ten wanted to make happy because he was so miserable all the time. At least, that is what he thought at first. He never imagined falling in love with a boy, and after that, he never imagined losing him.

Taeyong was there. Sitting at the table with everyone else. He didn't drink when Johnny offered him a glass. It was a miracle he did get it offered, though, especially by Johnny, who swore he won't let him drink ever again. He didn't want to be the one Taeyong would use as a teddy bear when he got drunk, and calling out Ten's name didn't help. In reality, Johnny knows how depressed Taeyong feels right now. Ten has been away from them for so long, but Taeyong still didn't let his sadness show. Still, after all those years, the five friends never recovered from Ten's departure.  

'Let's play a game!' Taeyong surprised everyone with his sudden remark. 

'We don't have to, really...' Jaehyun started so Taeyong wouldn't feel cast out. Ten was always with him when they played games, and for the first time since forever, they decided to do it with Ten not around. 'We can just eat some more.'

'But I want to.' When he said those words, Johnny cringed. He thought of when Taeyong would mention a thing he wanted, and Ten would always be the one to bring it to him. He would do it all for Taeyong, his Taeyong.

'It's easy and short so that everyone could join.' Taeyong said with a sad voice. Not everyone, apparently; he won't play with them.

They all started nodding in agreement because they felt compassion. If they managed to see Taeyong smile because of it, it would be worth it. His genuine smile is not the one he shows to everyone during their interviews or when they perform, or when people ask him if he is okay, and he wants to make them feel better. 

'The game is called my wish price.' Taeyong started.

'A what?' Hansol asked. 'Price?'

'Yes, you heard me. It's called my wish price. We all play simultaneously, and one of us will talk at once. This type of a game always brings people together.' He wasn't happy with his life, but he was hopeful because he had his friends by his side. The ones he could always count on, the ones that would never leave him.

'I never in my life heard of that game.' Johnny looked like he got slapped. 

'It's because I made it up just now.' 

'The name is terrible. You should try a different one.' Were Johnny's remarks.

'Anyways,' Taeyong decided to ignore this, 'everyone makes a wish, and you have to write it down on a piece of paper, but there is a word limit, so you can only use one word to describe your wish.' He cut the paper into small pieces and handed it to his friends. Taeyong has changed. He wasn't like the guy from before, and everyone noticed that. He was a better person; he listened, gave advice, and cared for others. He never became sad and miserable again, even when Ten left. He realized how much of his life he was missing out and decided to live it without Ten.  He will forever be grateful to Ten for being his life changer. In the end, Ten was his cloud, showing him what living your life meant. In short words, Taeyong was hurt by Ten's departure, but at the same time, he could never hate him for doing it. 

They all waited for Taeyong to say more. 'So now you talk. Doyoung you first. ' he instructed him. 'Tell us a price you'd pay to get the wish you wrote on the paper, and we have to guess what it is.' He looked at everyone to see if they understood. 'See, I told you it brings people together.'

'Ummm... This wish of mine doesn't have a price because it can't be bought. So...' Doyoung was waiting for Taeyong to give him more directions.

'So you are out, I guess...'Even Taeyong himself needed to figure out what he was doing.

'Could you tell us what it was?' And suddenly, everyone wanted to know.

'I wished for happiness.' He said. 'Happiness in my life and the life of people around me. I want my parents to be proud of me, and if they are happy, they will be. I wished for my happiness as well. That is why I wrote Jaehyun on the paper.' He turned it around, revealing the name written there. 'If you'd stay by my side, I will always be happy.' He looked towards Jaehyun. 'I think happiness is everywhere. You can feel it if you want to, and it's always there; you must see it.' He told everyone. They all just stared at him, and suddenly, they all felt it. Happiness. It was there. They were happy to be together.

'I remember that one time when Johnny, me, and Ten stayed out late, and then we wanted to sneak in, and Ten had that stomach problem, so we got caught when he vomited in the hallway.' Even Johnny smiled a little. 'We got scolded and all, but it was still so hilarious. I will cherish happy memories like this forever. ' he stopped talking and turned towards Jaehyun, indicating that he should start talking.

'I-I I wrote camera...' and everyone just stared back. 'He turned his card so they could read what was written on it.

'Jae?  I wrote your name on it, and you want a new camera?' The younger had been nagging his boyfriend that he wanted to buy one for months.

'So that I can take HD pictures of you...' The younger wanted to defend himself, but he wasn't doing well. 'I didn't know this was a game on such an emotional level.' They didn't blame him, though. He was still the maknae of their group, and he'll need a lot of od time to grow up.

'Sooo... next?' Taeyong wanted Hansol to talk now. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter