Coming for Destiny

Drift Away

Coming For Destiny

 

“I am going to call the police because you just kidnapped a minor!”

 

“Yeah, I will give you a time to call the police later.”

 

“You really have no fear.”

 

“Why would I?”

 

And there’s no use to ask him anymore because he wouldn’t tell her where they’re going exactly. The car was still moving in the middle of Seoul’s rush hour, when most people went to school; or work. And today, Son Hyemi skipped her school because of a guy who just broke her heart the day before.

 

“Okay,” she said. “if your intention is to talk with me about that day, okay, I’m going to talk with you. What are you waiting?”

 

The car stopped because of the red light, Mingyu released his hands from the steer wheel, placing on of them on the window and another one behind Hyemi’s seat. He looked straight at her eyes, and that made her avoided his gaze.

 

“But I don’t want to talk inside the car?”

 

She scoffed, decided to look outside the windows instead because talking to him wouldn’t help anything. This is surprising, because she didn’t know that Mingyu is this kind of guy, and he is annoying as hell.

 

The memories from yesterday couldn’t be faded that fast, though. The way he talked to Sejong, and how he forced to kiss her still remained on her mind. It was scary, and so painful to remember.

 

And right now the same people is sitting beside her, driving her to only him and God knows.

 

“Arrived.” He said, while taking off the seatbelt, leaving Hyemi dumbfounded.

 

“McDonalds? Are you sure?”

 

He raised his eyebrows, then smirked, “I haven’t had my breakfast yet, gotta grab a breakfast wrap.”

 

In the end she finally agreed to accompany him to get his breakfast, and since she also didn’t have any breakfast yet, she just accepted the breakfast wrap and the hot tea that Mingyu bought for her.

 

And even though she was embarrassed to eat, but her stomach made some noises that made her even more embarrassed. It made Migyu laughed while biting his breakfast wrap, and he thought that Hyemi was cute because her cheek blushed.

 

“I woke up by myself again today.” He suddenly said, after finishing his breakfast wrap. It made Hyemi also stopped munching her meals, then put it on the table. While smiling, his eyes were filled with sadness, something that Hyemi couldn’t understand yet.

 

“Your one night stand left you before you wake up?” she asked, well-innocently, “And I don’t care about whoever stay with you in the night; or morning, because I’m here to hear your reason and apology from that day.”

 

He laughed bitterly before standing up to walk closer to her. Even before she finished her meals, he grabbed her wrist to make her enter the car, again. No matter how much Hyemi tried to run, something about him made her stayed. Something about him that’s strange, even on their first meeting.

 

“Do I look like someone who sleeps with a one night stand every single night?”

 

“Well at first I thought you are a good person, but since yesterday, especially today – I realized that you are not that good.”

 

“And you are the type of person who judge someone from the first impression.” He said, while driving the car to somewhere that he only knows.

 

“Don’t make me talk about useless thing, would you? If your intention was to talk about that day, then talk, Kim Mingyu!”

 

The car entered a university area, and Hyemi remembered that this is Sejong’s university, means Mingyu’s studying here too. Without even saying anything, Mingyu brought Hyemi with him and she couldn’t stop asking Mingyu the reason why.

 

Even though that was useless because he just wouldn’t answer.

 

“I’m so tired of asking you about –“

 

He unbuckled the seatbelt, “Then stop asking and come with me.”

 

Opened the door for Hyemi who didn’t even want to move from her position, he kept leaning on the door while facing her. The high school girl inside the car was still sulking, and even though he knew that it was his fault, he didn’t want to give up doing this thing, because he has other plans for them.

 

“Okay then,” he fished his phone from the pocket, dialing Joshua’s number. “Hey, Josh!” he said.

 

“What’s wrong, man?”

 

“Come here, I’m in the parking lot. Something big just happened.” He said, moving his face closer to Hyemi.

 

Still leaning to the door, he didn’t know that someone’s heart was almost bursting at any time. Hyemi, who had to keep her dignity high, kept looking to the front without even move an inch.

 

She didn’t know that this time would actually come, when Mingyu’s face is close to hers, and she could spend the day with him. But she was also annoyed because Mingyu forced her to do anything, without even asking her the permission.

 

A brown haired guy ran towards the car, then waved back to Mingyu who was waving to him. He must be Joshua, the guy who Mingyu just called. At that time, Hyemi was wondering why should his friend be this beautiful? Is it true that beautiful people just flock with another beautiful people? Then, Mingyu’s circle of friend must be heaven.

 

“Tell Mr. Jung that I couldn’t give the paper personally, something important just happened.”

 

The other guy smirked after seeing someone inside the car, “Your something big, and important?” he asked.

 

“Well, gotta go.” Mingyu said, without answering him.

 

The girl inside the car was too tired to ask anything. It’s still morning but she felt like he already dragged her here and there for the whole day already. She thought that he was weird, and scary as hell, but at the same time butterflies on her stomach flies away whenever she heard his voice.

 

The situation was annoying, but interesting at the same time.

 

“I hate you.” Was the only thing she said between their silent inside the car at that time, when Mingyu (once again) drove her to somewhere that she doesn’t know – and without her permission again.

 

The building looks antique, and she was clueless about the place since she had never heard about it. But there are some car and motorcycle parked outside the building means Mingyu didn’t brought her to some people-less place nor crowded place.

 

Without him telling her to step out of the car, she just did it automatically. He quietly walked slower to walk beside her who was still amazed at the building. This is just a small library café, but big enough for Mingyu for stay and calm his mind.

 

He has been coming here since few years ago, and even the owner of the place is already a good friend of him. While she walked around to look at the books, he approached the counter to order some cakes and juice for him and Hyemi

 

“What do you want to do?”

 

Placed the juices on the table, then pulled the chair for Hyemi to sit. “How does it feel to fall in love with someone?” he suddenly said, out of the topic from what Hyemi imagined.

 

“F- fall in love?”

 

“If it was too difficult then, how does it feel to have a crush on someone?”

 

Grabbing the juice glass tight, she answered, “For me, it feels weird. Something kept happening on my stomach, my mind, and my heart at the same time. I couldn’t stay still. I want to meet him everyday. My heart drops even when someone called his name. Even while closing my eyes, he keeps appearing. I feel happier, especially when I’m with him.”

 

She was explaining what actually happened at this time; explaining how does she feels while having a crush on Mingyu.

 

“Can you control the feeling?”

 

“No, you can’t control everything. You just need to have faith that things will work out.” She said, “What about you?”

 

“Anxiety, worried, stress, insecurity, sadness, unpleasant feelings; all ed up both my mind and my heart. I don’t know if I was in love, or getting punishment from her.”

 

She knew that he was talking about Sejong. She knew.

 

“I did things that I shouldn’t do yesterday, but it also slapped me to the reality that I wasn’t in love with her, I just thought that I’m in love her. It was just my thought, not my feelings. I’m not in love with Sejong, well, I was. But I’m not anymore.”

 

If she could jump, she would do it exactly at that time. She was really happy to hear that Mingyu doesn’t have any feelings for Sejong anymore and how he told her about that thing made her think that maybe Mingyu would consider her after this? Since he told her the truth?

 

Today, Kim Mingyu raised her hopes again. The innocent girl who doesn’t know what will Mingyu do with her hopes next time. He might crushed it; or raised it higher.

 

“I’m going to take my words back. I won’t call the police. I’m going to spend the day with you, Mingyu.”

***

a/n: since the past chapter is almost all about jaehyun and hyemi, here for #TEAMMINGYU and #TEAMJAEHYUN to make you switch the team ha ha ha ha ha *jk i love you all<3