Arrested For Nothing

Drift Away

chapter 14 & 15 are double updates

 

 

 

Arrested for Nothing

 

Mingyu dragged Hyemi out of the venue to the car, locking her inside. This is not the first time Hyemi saw Mingyu mad and she was afraid. His serious look really made Hyemi afraid, and how she was there when Mingyu yelled at Sejong that day didn’t help either. The memories kept coming to her.

 

The car didn’t move, he didn’t even start the engine, but looking straight to the front instead. And Hyemi didn’t know how to initiate the conversation. Like, what happened with him? Is he really jealous? To Jaehyun?

 

“I really don’t like seeing things like that.” He stated, still looking to the front.

 

“Can we at least turn on the AC first, Mingyu? I almost out of breath, really.”

 

Seems like Mingyu was flustered that he even the engine, finally moving the car. “Why are you so close to Jaehyun?”

 

“The place that I’ve said before is not too far from here. Do you know the bus station where we met that day? Take a right and follow the road, the park is right in the end of the road.”

 

He punched the steer wheel, hard, making Hyemi shocked and even more afraid. “Answer me first, Hyemi!”

 

“Why are you like this? I promised I’m going to tell you everything but not inside the car. You also have a promise to bring me to that place first, Mingyu. Stop being egoist!”

 

The words hit Mingyu really hard that he decided to stop talking and followed Hyemi’s instruction to drive to the park. He also confused, how could a high school girl controlled him like this? That he even jealous at her and her friend?

 

Maybe Mingyu wasn’t the only one who flipped over Hyemi’s heart, but also vice versa. Both of them really made everything complicated, like there’s no simple way to fix broken things between them.

 

“We are arrived.” Said Mingyu. And even before he told her to go, Hyemi was already opened the door and stepped outside the car.

 

The guy followed her behind to a swing, and sat beside her. They might be strange to play on a swing in the middle of the night, but the sky was so beautiful that they didn’t feel strange at all. And they have each other that made the night more meaningful.

 

“What’s your motive to bring me here?”

 

“To tell you everything about me, including Jaehyun, and Sejong.” She answered. “Are you ready to hear the long explanation?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Alright. The guy who hugged me before was Jaehyun, my childhood friend. Wonwoo is also my childhood friend, yes, he is Sejong’s boyfriend. The three of us has always been together since we were kid. Hugging? Do you think we have something special just because we hug each other? No. we were just joking just now and you came, being jealous as hell. And Sejong, I’ve known her since the first time Wonwoo introduced her to me, maybe you’ve known her longer than me. But, do you know what? She’s just like my sister, and when I saw you yelled at her even forced her to kiss you back, my heart hurts. Not just because it’s you who did that, but also, because it’s Sejong who was hurt.”

 

“I’m sorry, I was wrong.”

 

“I know,” she said, while swinging the swing, while Mingyu observed her from the side. “But you made me confused by this and that. You came and go as you like, I don’t know what your intention is, and why should I still accepting you back. If I let you in more than you should be, what should I do now? Did I believe in you too much? Did I do something wrong?”

 

“Do you want me to disappear now?”

 

“No. I don’t want you to disappear, but I feel this anxiety feeling. And I hate this.”

 

“But you explained the way you fell in love was beautiful, and if I made you feel the anxiety, depression, and stress, I’m sorry.”

 

“If you can make me feel what you feel, I’m also going to try, so you can feel what I feel. Can I? Something kept happening on your stomach, your mind, and your heart at the same time. So you couldn’t stay still. You want to meet me everyday. Your heart drops even when someone called my name. Even while closing your eyes, my face keep appearing. You feel happier, especially when you are with me.” then she laughed, covering her red face. “Am I too much? Am I asking too much?”

 

Looking at her being shy like this really made Mingyu smiled ear to ear. For him, she was so cute being honest like that, like, she really told him to be in love with her, directly.

 

“I’m going to try.” He said.

 

“Don’t force yourself, Mingyu.”

 

“Do you like me?” he asked, and it made their eyes met, looking at each other longingly.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?”

 

“I don’t know?”

 

“How about you? Do you like me?”

 

“Do I look like I like you?”

 

“No. You didn’t look at me the way you look at Sejong.”

 

Mingyu stood up from the seat, standing right in front of Hyemi to grab her nape so she could see him. “Then why are you staying?”

 

“I don’t know either.” Her voice sounded weak like she was holding her tears. She really couldn’t hold it anymore, looking at Mingyu this close while talking about everything really messed her mind. She thought that this Kim Mingyu guy really ed up her mind.

 

Then he bent down to kiss her who was already crying. In the middle of the park, on the swing, under the milky way, the two of them shared a kiss which is mixed with her tears. The kiss was beautiful unlike the previous kiss that they shared, and Hyemi wished to always have this kind of kiss with him.

 

Their lips moved slowly, their eyelashes brushed with each other, and their fingers intertwined with each other.

 

“I don’t care even when you are not my boyfriend that we already shared so many kisses like this. At least I could be with you. Because, I don’t know who I am going to be with if it’s not you, Mingyu.”

 

“Is it okay for you to go home this late?”

 

She chuckled, “No, my Dad would kill me.”

 

So he grabbed her hand, walking to the car without even saying anything. Maybe he shocked because it’s almost dawn and this little girl was still outside the house. Hyemi, who followed him behind, just laughed because of his funny face.

 

Really, it was the first time she had seen an expression from Mingyu’s face. It’s fascinating how she finally found something about him, little by little, slow but sure. Yes, she wouldn’t rush him to feel like what she feels. As long as Mingyu is by her side, it’s enough.

 

“I’m going to talk with you Dad in case he is getting ready to kill you.”

 

She laughed, again. “Do you want to be killed instead?”

 

“No. I love my life.”

 

When they arrived at her place, as expected Hyemi’s Dad was waiting in the living room because his one and only daughter couldn’t be contacted and still outside at that time – almost three in the morning.

 

But Mingyu walked first as he knocked the door, braving himself to meet her Dad. Because he was the one who made Hyemi waited all day and night, and even brought her to the park just now. He has to be responsible because Hyemi is still under aged, and she is a girl.

 

“Hello, Mister.” He bowed right away when Hyemi’s Dad opened the door. “I’m sorry I brought your daughter this late. My name is Kim Mingyu.”

 

“Son Hyemi go to your room, now!” anad Hyemi came out from Mingyu’s back, running upstairs to her room right away.

 

“Truthfully, there is an event at my university where Hyemi also modeled for the designer’s dress and since the event ended in the middle of the night I promised to bring her home since she shouldn’t take a taxi in the middle of the night. And my bad, I brought her to a park near here to talk about some things. I’m sorry, Mister. Please don’t scold her, this is my fault.”

 

“Alright, you can go home now. But I really don’t want to see you bring her home at this time again. You know, she is still under aged, right? And I believe you wouldn’t dare to land your hand on her. Are you two dating?”

 

“Uhm, if you say so…”

 

“Have a healthy relationship, protect her. You can go home now.”

 

Hyemi: Hey! My Dad didn’t do anything to you, right?
Mingyu: He told me to protect you, haha. Sleep, little girl.
Hyemi: I was so frustrated when he acted like that, I’m sorry.
Mingyu: It’s okay. He is your Dad after all.

***

 

She had a really beautiful dream last night after spending the day and night with Mingyu. Sharing stories, kisses, and even tears with him. And what made Hyemi felt happy that Mingyu was brave enough to face her Dad, apologized for bringing her home late.

 

But her morning wasn’t like her night. The text message that she received really made her went blank for a second, as she couldn’t believe at what she red. She tried to wake up, but no, it wasn’t a dream.

 

Sejong Unnie: Hyemi, are you already sleeping? I’m sorry to say this but I got a phone call from a friend, saying that Mingyu is in the police station, accused for using and illegally selling drugs. No, I know him, he is not someone like that. Someone might trapped him. He needs help and support. Come to the police station with me after you finished school, okay?

***

 

a/n; so this is my second update for today. yeayyy! and my heart really fluttered when i wrote how mingyu and hyemi kissed on the swing.. like.. i might shift to #TEAMMINGYU lol