Waiting For Someone Who is Waiting For Someone Else

Drift Away

Waiting for someone who is waiting for someone else

 

“Let’s watch Civil War together, I will buy you the tickets.”

“Ogu ogu, Jaehyun is going to buy me tickets?” She pinched his cheeks and Jaehyun kept his poker face since his day wouldn’t be complete without Hyemi pinching his cheek or teasing him.

“But I need to meet the coach first so can we meet later at the cinema?”

“Can we meet at 8?”

“But we are going to finish the movie late, then? What happened?”

“I also have someone to meet, right now.”

“Right now? But it’s still early?”

“Ten is not even early, Jaehyun. I’m going now, let’s meet at the cinema!”

 

She wears her favorite stripe t-shirt, with skinny jeans and a pair of classic converse. She even put on her favorite perfume and hand cream to meet that one person. No, she wasn’t dolling up to meet Jaehyun at the cinema, but to meet the barista at the coffee shop.

 

Even though the chance to talk with him was not big, but just by seeing his face would make her happy anyway. Just by thinking of it, Hyemi was extremely excited that day.

 

But the barista was not him, and she disappointed.

 

“Maybe he has afternoon shift? It’s okay, Hyemi, the appointment with Jaehyun is at 8, you still have ten hours to go.”

 

First she ordered a mixed berry juice then asked the barista, “Are you a new worker here?”

“Me? I’m the first barista, Miss.”

“Ahh, how about the other one? Do you guys rotate the shift?”

The barista looked confused since this girl was suddenly asking him a question. “Did you mean Sejong Noona?”

“Noona? No, his name is Kim Mingyu.”

“Ahh, he is not actually working here. Since the owner of this place is his friend, he is willingly to help without even getting a pay. Because back then the barista was only me, Sejong Noona just got accepted yesterday.”

“So, Kim Mingyu will not come again?”

“I don’t know, I just came back from my hometown for a week so I don’t really know the current condition here, I’m sorry. But he might come since he loves to make a coffee for himself here. Maybe? But, do you need to meet Mingyu Hyung?”

Yes. “Thank you for the information.”

 

She went to the table that’s right across the bar so she could easily notice if Mingyu really came to work. Hearing the explanation made her interested in Mingyu more because he seems like a good person? He is willingly to help his friend’s business without even getting a payment, and even made a lot of customer came.

 

And he likes to make coffee by himself mean his scent would be similar to coffee? That’s what Hyemi imagined while waiting for Kim Mingyu, who’s not coming even after the clock strikes to 12.

 

But someone who replaced the previous guy seems familiar to her, she walked closer to bar and,

 

“Sejong Unnie!”

“Hyemi? What are you doing here?”

“Drink juice,” she showed the cup to her while grinning, “so, you are working here? To get closer with Wonwoo since our school is right across the road?”

 

Sejong is Wonwoo’s long time crush, and nobody knows their real relationship since sometimes they are together but most of the times Wonwoo is depressed. At first Wonwoo thought it was because Sejong is older than him that made her thinking over and over again to finally date him. But as the time goes, Wonwoo realized that it’s more than that.

 

But still, Wonwoo is patiently waiting for her no matter what happened.

 

“You must be joking. A friend of mine told me that this place is new and the owner is his friend so he recommended me.”

“A friend of yours? Who is he?”

“You wouldn’t know, though. His name is Kim Mingyu.”

 

Hyemi’s heart was pounding faster than it’s usually does whenever Mingyu’s name is mentioned. She likes the feeling, not even bothered by it.

 

“I know! I know him! He was the barista yesterday and he just followed back my Instagram last night! Unnie, is he going to come today?”

“Sadly he is not going to come today, he has something to do if I’m not wrong.”

She pouted, “Okay then, can you tell me if he has a shift here? And we need to talk about so many things, Unnie!”

“Woah, this little girl is falling in love?”

“Don’t say that Unnie. By the way, I have an appointment right now. See you!”

 

To: Captain Jung Jaehyun

Can we meet now? I finished my things.

 

To: Chubby Bunny

I need one hour, is it okay?

 

To: Captain Jung Jaehyun

Yea, it’s okay. I will just wait at the mall.

See you, Capt!

 

To: Chubby Bunny

See you, Capt!

 

 

If Jaehyun said one hour, then it would be less than that. It became a habit for Jaehyun to not make Hyemi wait long, even if he had to run to meet her. There was one time when Hyemi wanted sushi but Jaehyun was still practicing. Hyemi was okay since she didn’t want to disturb Jaehyun, but he thought differently.

 

Right after the practice ended, even when he was tired, he went to buy her sushi but when he came to her house, she was already sleeping.

 

He was never regretting his choice to wait and chase after her because he thought that if he doesn’t get her, a douchebag might get her. He just doesn’t want to see someone to hurt his precious Hyemi.

 

“I will just sit here and wait for Jaehyun but before that I will order some food for us.” she walked to the counter but someone entered the restaurant that made her stopped her step. “Amazing,” she thought.

 

Kim Mingyu was entering the restaurant all by himself and Hyemi couldn’t take her eyes off him. He’s wearing a brown coat, white t-shirt, black jeans, and a pair of vans. Their eyes met, and Hyemi was braving herself to walk to him.

 

“Hi.”

“Hi,” he answered. “you are the cheerleader girl from yesterday?”

 

Amazing, he reminds me.”

 

“Yes, I thought you already forgot.”

He smiled, “You accidentally clicked ‘like’ on my photo and followed me after that, I guess?”

 

She couldn’t help to hide her embarrassment since he was right. When she was stalking his Instagram, she accidentally clicked ‘like’ on his forty-day old photo. So, to make it less embarrassing, she just followed him after that.

 

“But you followed me back.”

“Because I know you? And you bought me a coffee, so what?”

 

Kim Mingyu is the exact type of guy that Hyemi always dreaming of. Physically, he is a work of God. Him having an interest with coffee, and love to help people really added plus point. The way he dresses is also plus point. And when Hyemi was stalking his Instagram, she realized that his feed was neat, and he likes photography.

 

She thought that where in the world she could find another guy like him? And he just happened to work in the coffee shop across her school. Isn’t she lucky?

 

“Ehmm,” she faked her cough, since it was too embarrassing. “Why are you coming by yourself here?”

“I’m waiting for someone.”

“Oh, me too.”

 

Jaehyun, being the savior, coming at the right time and saved Hyemi from the awkward and embarrassing conversation with Mingyu.

 

“It’s him.” She said, “See you later, Mingyu!”

 

She couldn’t focus on either Jaehyun or the food because Mingyu just happened to choose a table right across hers, and he was with a girl. “Of course he has a girlfriend. Why would a perfect guy like him doesn’t have one? I wouldn’t be surprised if he had three, though.” She thought.

 

“What happened, Hyemi?” Jaehyun snapped her out from her imagination, “Finish you food, the movie will start soon.”

“Hmm,” she answered, still looking at Mingyu’s direction.

Jaehyun looked at the same direction as Hyemi, “Isn’t he the barista yesterday?”

 

She nodded.

 

“Do you know him?”

“I don’t know, I don’t know. Don’t ask anything, I’m dizzy.”

He put his palm on her forehead, “Are you sick?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“What happened then?”

“Nothing, Jaehyunnieee.” Then she scooped the rice to feed Jaehyun. “I’m full, you have to finish my food.”

But he scooped the rice and feed Hyemi instead, “How could you be full when you haven’t even touch your food.”

 

She didn’t have any option but just to eat the food that Jaehyun gave. While looking at Mingyu, her heart was crushed to a little pieces. She doesn’t have the chance, she thought.

 

The movie started, without even asking her, Jaehyun bought the tickets and chose the seat that they usually chose, and bought nachos with extra cheese with coca cola without ice for Hyemi. He knows almost everything about her that it would be weird if someday Hyemi would get a boyfriend who doesn’t even know her like him.

 

Hyemi was focused to the movie, but Jaehyun was focused to Hyemi. He couldn’t hold it anymore, even with pounding heart, he kissed her cheek.

 

She automatically looked at him with widened eyes, then blinking rapidly, “What are you doing?!”

“I just kissed a cheerleader. I can’t believe.” He joked, trying to be less awkward.

“This movie saved you, look at what I’m going to do with you after this movie ended, Jung Jaehyun!”

 

They’ve known each other since their childhood times. They were (and still) a neighbor and their family are close. But when they were 12, Jaehyun family moved to the states because of his father’s job. She didn’t want to leave her room when she realized that Jaehyun was gone, and kept crying everyday.

 

Four years has passed and Hyemi has changed. She already forgot that Jaehyun was her only friend back then. When entered high school, she got so many new friend, and an old was coming back.

 

Hyemi has changed, but Jaehyun has not, and would not.

 

It’s true that Hyemi was waiting for him for four years, but her heart was still the same as their childhood times. While Jaehyun feels different. He likes her, and he waited for her because of that.

 

But sadly, Hyemi has changed, and Jaehyun stays loyal. No matter how many times Hyemi rejected him, he was always be there for Hyemi, keeping his heart.

 

“I like you, Hyemi.”

“I know, Jaehyun.”

***

a/n; i know, one more boy screwed my life. jung jaehyun, the basketball captain3 as usual, whose side are you? #TEAMMINGYU? #TEAMJAEHYUN? lol we are gonna miss mingyu and wonwoo's fight, arent we?