Take My Breath Away

Drift Away

Take My Breath Away

 

Her knees were shaking as soon as she arrived in front of the operation room. Wonwoo was sitting on the bench, looking down to the floor, still using his uniform even when he canceled school today; and in front of him was Jaehyun’s Mom, still crying.

 

Jaehyun’s Dad must be still fighting inside the operation room to save his one and only son, and his Mom couldn’t even move an inch looking at her son’s condition. No matter how strong she is while saving another people’s life, even when the condition is really bad; but, still, her heart couldn’t handle looking at her own child’s condition.

 

Walking slowly to her, Hyemi let herself fall to the ground to hug Jaehyun’s Mom and let her cry on her shoulder. And she also couldn’t hold her tears anymore as she couldn’t forgive herself for not coming earlier.

 

“He is going to be okay, his Dad is with him.” Said Hyemi, while patting Jaehyun’s Mom back slowly.

 

“Thank you, Hyemi. Thank you.”

 

“Come with me.” said Wonwoo, as he dragged Hyemi out of the place to a quieter hall. “Where have you been? Why didn’t you read my message or even answer my calls?”

 

And that’s the very first time Wonwoo had this serious look to Hyemi, even dragging her. That’s the very first time Wonwoo talked as if he was mad to Hyemi, for the whole their ten years friendship.

 

Embarrassed, guilty, and sorry; Hyemi couldn’t hide it all from Wonwoo. But she was also in the situation where she had to choose Mingyu who was arrested, or the cheerleader with the championship one month away, or Jaehyun who was in a critical condition.

 

If she could clone herself, she would. But she couldn’t, and her mind was really messy.

 

“Something happened with Mingyu.”

 

Ever since Wonwoo found out that this Mingyu guy forced Sejong to kiss him, and even yelled at her face, and did some bad things to her; he really doesn’t like Mingyu. And how Mingyu made Hyemi confused over and over again really made him hate Mingyu more.

 

He was really annoyed when Hyemi said Mingyu’s name – in this condition. “That Mingyu guy? Hyemi, I would never into your love life but this one is an exception. I don’t think you will be okay if you force everything to be with Mingyu.”

 

“You don’t know anything, Wonwoo!”

 

“Yes, I don’t know anything. But don’t you realize? Bad things always happened to you, he always broke your heart and came as he liked. Do you think he even has serious intention to you? To make you his girlfriend? Stop chasing him, Hyemi.”

 

She fell on her knees, letting the tears fell to the ground. She already knew that chasing before Mingyu was a bad idea, but her heart kept telling her to don’t ever stop. For all the time that they’ve wasted, the tears, the kisses, the hugs, and everything that they already did together; Hyemi has never once feel any sincerity from Mingyu. For all the time, Mingyu was still confused, and scared. And that’s how he made Hyemi confused.

 

Anxiety, depression, and stress.

 

Wonwoo also fell on his knees to hug Hyemi, he felt sorry for her but he also couldn’t stay still when a random guy broke this girl’s heart as he liked. He really didn’t like it when Hyemi did everything for Mingyu and got zero feedback from him.

 

He thanked her, but never satisfied.

 

“Sorry for making you cry.”

 

“I love him, Wonwoo. I love Mingyu.”

 

“I know.”

 

“But I also know that he doesn’t love me, and it takes time. A really long time. And I really have to prepare myself for anything that could happened at the times; the bad and good ones.”

 

“I just hope you find someone that will love you back, and give you what you deserve, Hyemi. I don’t want you to be like this.”

 

Wonwoo couldn’t be right anymore, but Hyemi couldn’t control her feelings. She fell in love with a wrong person, and he already took half of her life with him.

 

After waiting for another hour, the operation finally finished, and succeed. Jaehyun’s Dad came out of the operation room while crying, and quickly hugged his wife. Because for his whole life as a doctor, this is the first time he saved his own son’s life.

 

Jaehyun was still unconscious, and Hyemi didn’t want to leave the room even when Wonwoo told her to go home since it was really late and she has school for tomorrow. “I won’t leave until he woke up.” Said Hyemi. And even Jaehyun’s parents couldn’t do anything since she really didn’t want to leave her position.

 

“Is it okay for you to sleep in the sofa, Hyemi?” Jaehyun’s Dad asked. “Or do you want an extra bed?”

 

Of course Jaehyun would have the service and room in the hospital since his parents is the co-owner there, he is really lucky.

 

“It’s okay, uncle.”

 

“Tell us if you need something, okay? I’m going to call your Mom, so she wouldn’t be worried.”

 

“Thank you, aunty.”

 

She couldn’t even sleep that night, then she walked closer to Jaehyun who was still unconscious. Looking at him this close, she just realized that, Jaehyun is this handsome? His skin is really fair and smooth, his eyes are beautiful, even his eyelashes are prettier than her. And the dimples that appeared when he smiles, also the shiny hair that’s already long enough to cover his eyes.

 

For these ten years, she didn’t realize how important this guy for her is. That she didn’t even want to imagine a single day without him.

 

This guy who always been there for her in any condition, had never ask for any replies, give her an umbrella when he is also drenched under the rain, and willingly to do anything for her. Jung Jaehyun, who has been in love with her for a very long time.

 

She reached his cold hands, crying quietly so nobody would hear her.

 

“Hyemi, are you okay?” said the guy, sounded very weak.

 

As soon as she heard the voice, she couldn’t lift her head and cried instead. “I’m sorry, Jaehyun. I’m sorry.”

 

Hearing the crying sound, Jaehyun parents quickly woke up and surprised when they saw Jaehyun. Quickly examined him and called the nurse, and Hyemi was still crying beside him. She was happy because Jaehyun is still alive, but something also made her even more confused.

 

Seems like the feeling towards Jaehyun has finally bloomed.

***

 

a/n; hi, i want to tell you something. honestly i still haven't decided who's going to end up with hyemi and this story is gooing to be finished in few chapters. lol. i;ve told you that i'm as confused as you to decide which #TEAM to choose. even though i'm more into #TEAMJAEHYUN these days xD tell me, which #TEAM are you, who do you want Hyemi to end up with, and also the reason! :D