Coming Back For a Reason

Drift Away

Coming Back For a Reason

 

While Mingyu was holding Sejong’s hand so she wouldn’t leave, Sejong was holding Hyemi’s hand instead. She didn’t want this to end in a misunderstanding, because she really had nothing with Mingyu.

 

“Do you know why sometimes I feel like I had to ignore you?” Sejong said, while looking straight at Mingyu’s face. Both of them were standing while facing each other, after the guy breaking one little girl’s heart earlier.

 

Mingyu didn’t want to admit that he just did something wrong to Hyemi, because for him, he really did nothing wrong. He just confessed to Sejong, was that wrong? No, for him it wasn’t wrong.

 

Since they graduated from middle school, Sejong disappeared; leaving Mingyu with all of his feelings behind. Since they were really young, Mingyu thought that the feeling wasn’t something serious. But she was never disappeared from his mind since the last time they met.

 

Everything was just like a miracle for Mingyu when he entered the university and happened to meet Sejong again.

 

They were just a school mates, but Mingyu hid his feelings for all the time; and that’s what made him regretting his choice. Just if he confessed long time ago before Sejong disappeared, he wouldn’t have a big regret like this. And Sejong wouldn’t meet Wonwoo either.

 

Nobody knows the fate that humans would get.

 

“Because you always did things that you wanted to do, without even thinking about someone else’s feeling.” She continued, “You didn’t even try to think about other people’s point of view.”

 

Hyemi’s was in areally awkward place, in between someone who she likes, and someone who he likes. Seems like Mingyu was still trapped with his memories, and couldn’t move on yet.

 

“Hyemi,” Jaehyun entered the coffee shop, still trying to catch his breath because it seems like he was running all the way there. “Hyemi, your Mom collapsed!”

 

Sejong and Mingyu were automatically looking at Jaehyun, then looked at Hyemi. She was holding her tears because she didn’t want Mingyu to know that she likes him that much; but after hearing the bad news about her mother, her tears were rolling down automatically.

 

“Where is she now?” she shoved Sejong’s hand, then walked to Jaehyun, “Where is she now, Jaehyun?”

“Hospital.”

Mingyu suddenly walked closer to her, “I’m going to drive you there.” He said, and the rest of them couldn’t believe at it until Mingyu, Hyemi, and Jaehyun were already entered the car.

 

Nobody knows why Mingyu suddenly offered his car, even driving them to the hospital. But Hyemi couldn’t think of anything else, she even rushed inside when Mingyu haven’t finished parking his car.

 

 Jaehyun followed her to the receptionist and they couldn’t believe that Hyemi’s Mom was still in the emergency room, haven’t even moved to a room yet. “Move her to a VIP room.” He said, still trying to be calm.

“But –“

“Seems like you are new here? Move her to a VIP room I said! Or I will make sure you lose your job.”

 

The other nurse were scared when they saw Jaehyun’s face, then quickly called the other workers to move Hyemi’s Mom to a VIP room. Still trying to stop her tears, Hyemi couldn’t even move an inch. She couldn’t imagine how her Mom would be suffered in the emergency room if Jaehyun didn’t save her.

 

Actually, Jaehyun’s Dad is the co-owners of the hospital, and his parents are also a doctor. There’s no way a worker there doesn’t know who Jaehyun is, except new worker like the one who almost lost her job before.

 

Growing up with both parents as a doctor doesn’t even make him wants to be like them. He doesn’t like how his parents stay late in the hospital, doing surgery, saving other people’s life but also forgot about their only son at home.

 

Since Jaehyun and Hyemi were a neighbor, Jaehyun was never feel lonely. For him, he owns her a big time because she could heal his heart who was broken at that time. It’s irony how he was broken hearted at such a young age because of his own parents.

 

Little Jaehyun didn’t know that what his parents do are a really good thing. One thing that he knew was that his parents care about their patients more than their own son.

 

They said that her Mom should have a surgery before, and it’s sad how her Dad was still out of the town for his work. This little girl was just sitting outside the surgery room, praying to God to save her Mom inside.

 

“It’s cold, Hyemi.” Jaehyun came, giving her a blanket so she wouldn’t feel cold. “Do you want me to bring you clothes?”

“Thank you, Jaehyun. If it wasn’t because of you, I didn’t know what will happened to my Mom. But, I will move her to regular room. This surgery needs a lot of money, and the VIP room needs more money. My Dad still doesn’t know about this because I don’t want him to be worried out there, and I will pay this with the money from my saving accounts for now.”

“I will tell my Dad to –“

“Stop telling your Dad to do something for our family, Jaehyun. Our family have money, even though we are not at your family’s level, and we are not in a state who needs financial help from you. My Dad can buy me a car at anytime, why would we need help for this? There are so many people who needs your help more than me.”

 

As usual, Jaehyun didn’t say anything when Hyemi were talking. It’s better to lose the arguments instead of losing her, he thought. So, he put the blanket over her while smiling, telling her that he agreed and giving up on the argument.

 

The surgery went longer than they thought, and two students with their uniform were still sitting at the same place. She already forgot that there’s someone else who actually helped her. She already forgot that she left Mingyu at the parking lot, and made him left without even saying anything.

 

“You can leave now, Hyemi. The surgery went well and her condition is really good, but we have to wait until tomorrow for her to wake up.” Jaehyun’s Mom came after hearing the news that her son almost fired a new nurse few hours ago. “I can take care of your Mom, do you believe me?”

“But I want to stay with her.”

“You have school tomorrow morning, your Mom would be disappointed if you skipped school because of her. Trust me, she will be okay.” Then she looked at Jaehyun, “Except you big boss, you Dad wants to talk with you.”

 

She walked out of the hospital without any thoughts on her mind, because she really had no thoughts at that time. Just walking while holding her bag, hoping that at least she shouldn’t have to wait long for a bus.

 

One strap of her bag dropped down as she saw someone who was waiting right at the same place before, when she rushed out to leave him. She couldn’t believe that Mingyu was still there, and looking at her now.

 

He entered the car, then moved it closer to Hyemi who was still freezing at her spot. “Get in.” he said after lowered the window. “You will be lost at this point if you walk by yourself.”

 

Hyemi didn’t even know if she had to be happy or not because her crush just offered a ride to her, but at the same time she was wondering about her Mom’s condition. Even though Mingyu was driving beside her, tears kept rolling down from her eyes and she was biting her lips all the time.

 

“Your lips will bleed.” He said, but she didn’t hear. “I said your lips will bleed, Hyemi.” He repeated, and that was the first time he called her name.

 

Something about his voice when he called her name made her heart fluttered, and messed her head at the same time. She turned her head, “Why did you help me?”

 

He didn’t answer.

 

“Why did you help me?” she repeated.

 

There was a long pause before he answered, and she kept looking at him. “I don’t know. Something must be really wrong with me, like, I don’t even know what I had to drive you there and even waited you for hours.”

“You really made me confused, Mingyu. Few hours ago you just confessed to Sejong in front of me and showed me disgusted expression. Then few minutes later you helped me. I don’t know which one is true, but thank you anyway.”

“Now stop crying. Come to the coffee shop tomorrow and I will buy you mint chocolate latte.”

***

a/n; well mingyu's character here is a 'tsundere' lol