She Was Smart, Until...

Drift Away

She Was Smart, Until..

 

“Do you know that my university has a big event for tomorrow?”

 

She nodded, “Yes, I already bought the ticket last week with Jaehyun. Are you the committee?”

 

“Yeah,” he looked at her then smiled, “are we going to meet again tomorrow?”

 

Her face became red, and warm. Her heart was beating fast; and she couldn’t take her gaze away from him. Is it even possible for someone to take her breath away just by asking her to meet him again in the next day?

 

At this rate, she didn’t even care if her hair was messy because she didn’t brush her day all day; or her faded lip tint color on her lips because Mingyu took her here and there without even letting her fix her make up.

 

She didn’t even put her blush on, but she was sure that her face would be redder than her brightest blush on shades.

 

“I know that this might be too much, but I want to take you somewhere with me tomorrow, after the event.”

 

It took so much for Hyemi to finally asked Mingyu to come with her, because she didn’t want the opportunity just walked away from her. If she had time for her to spend with Mingyu, why would she let it go?

 

“But, it might be late? I mean, everything finished in the middle of the night.” He said.

 

“It’s okay. I will wait for you.”

 

Then he fished something from his pocket, “Here, seems like you forgot that I took your phone with me all day.”

 

Seems like Hyemi really enjoyed the day with Mingyu that she even forgot about her phone; and the possibilities of getting hundreds calls from Jaehyun.

 

“Oh my God!” she took the phone, then scrolling on the notification. There are so many missed calls and messages from Jaehyun that she better read at home, and some messages from her friend and a message from her coach.

 

“Wait, I’m going to call my coach.”

 

He answered after three and more beeps, and Hyemi continued with a greeting and explanation about why she didn’t answer his call. Lying for the exact.

 

“I’m sorry, coach. But I will never, ever, agree to be Chaeyeon’s substitute again. You already know what happened with me on the photoshoot day. Please, I don’t want to disappoint anyone, again.”

 

“But the designer wants you, Hyemi.”

 

“He doesn’t want me, coach. It’s because Chaeyeon couldn’t come.”

 

“Yes, and he wants you to replace her. He still wants you. Do you know what? When he found out that you ran away that day, he couldn’t stop thinking of you.”

 

“But I’m not a model, please, coach. I don’t want to do it.”

 

“And do you think Chaeyeon is a model? No, baby. She just posed here and there for the photographer to take her picture beautifully. The designer chose you because the dress represent you, not just because Chaeyeon couldn’t come.”

 

“Once again, I’m sorry, coach. I’m going to come tomorrow but not as a talent.”

 

“Please, Hyemi, I’m begging. He is my best friend and he asked me because he knows I’m your coach. I’m going to send the dress’ picture, okay? You decide after seeing it. Bye, Hyemi.”

 

Looking at her phone down, still couldn’t grab the situation that her coach actually begging for her to replace Chaeyeon on the fashion show, when he knew well what happened to them on the photoshoot.

 

A message arrived with the dress’ picture from her coach. The dress was so beautiful and simple, and she couldn’t believe that this beautiful dress was inspired by her. She would love to wear the dress but she’s still afraid, she is not a model.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

She almost forgot that she was still with Mingyu, because she didn’t say anything when she was looking at her phone.

 

“Long story short, I had to replace Chaeyeon to walk tomorrow on your event with this dress,” she showed the dress to Mingyu, “but I don’t want to.”

 

“Why? The dress is beautiful, it would suit you.”

 

“I can’t walk, I don’t want to.”

 

“What a waste. I’m the liaison officer for the model and guest star tomorrow. If you accepted the job, we might meet often behind the stage, and you can get you ticket money refunded.”

 

“You are lying.”

 

He raised his eyebrows, then looking straight to her eyes. “Do I look like I was lying to you?”

 

Then she quickly called the coach, telling him that she agreed to be the talent for tomorrow. She knows that spend a day with Mingyu would worth everything, and she would do anything to be with him.

 

Even when she had to sacrifice everything, doing something that she doesn’t even know how to do; or giving something that she doesn’t even have.

 

She might be crazy, but Mingyu really made her lost her mind in a fast pace. She doesn’t know that falling in love is this simple; and getting hopes high is this happy.

 

All the she knows is that even the wind blows when he calls her name. Even though she should know that in the end, one of them should stop planting flowers in people’s yards who aren’t going to water them.

 

“Then we have to go home now since it’s super late, and you have to arrive early tomorrow for the rehearsal.”

 

“Early?” The girl asked.

 

“Yes. Around 7.”

 

“How about you?”

 

“I’m going to sleep in the venue since I had to finish the decoration and all. Truth to be told, the head division would be mad at me if he knew that I spent today with you rather than doing my job.”

 

She hit his arm with her little fist, “Why didn’t you say that?”

 

“Just because.”

 

“Just because?”

 

“Yeah, let’s go.” He stood up, taking her hand with him then slipped his fingers between hers.

 

The electrical feelings was spreading around her body as soon as Mingyu touched her. She couldn’t believe that the barista on the coffee shop across her school, that everyone has a fling on him, is finally making a move towards her after some bad things happened to them.

 

And she already forgot that Kim Mingyu is the same guy who broke her heart yesterday; and on another day before.

 

She was smart, until she fell in love.

***

 

“Thank you for today,” she said, after the car arrived in front of her house.

 

There is silent between them when she finished talking, and Mingyu have not yet said his goodbye. And the silent became longer when Hyemi decided to kiss his cheek.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Mingyu locked the door, so Hyemi couldn’t run away, and he grabbed her nape to finally kiss her lips. He didn’t know why he should kiss her, it’s just, he wanted to kiss her. The girl received the kiss, kissing him deeply.

 

The AC was still inside the car, but their body temperature became hot by the times. It’s weird, and enjoyable. Both of them didn’t want to let go, when they had to earlier. It’s too late, one of them is already grabbing to the hopes, tightly.

 

Both are looking, one is slowly fading.

 

And one of the boy outside was looking at them, slowly clutching his poor heart. Waking up to the reality that girl would never feel the same as him. Jung Jaehyun, who was waiting for her all day and night, waiting for her to finally call him back, waiting for her to tell him about the day; was kissing another guy.

 

The one who was fading is him, Jung Jaehyun.

***

 

a/n; feels so good to finally be able to update again!!! i'm going to try updating everyday or at least every two days, so expect a lot! and tell me your current #TEAM <3