I Want To Be Closer With You

Drift Away

I Want To Be Closer With You

 

He leaned closer to look at the post it but Hyemi hid it well from him. Because she knew that Jaehyun would sulk for few days if he found out that Hyemi likes another boy. Well, it’s her choice to like another person, but since she’s aware of Jaehyun’s feeling, she’s been trying her best to make Jaehyun feel comfortable.

 

Even though sometimes she just hate it when Jaehyun acted like he owns her.

 

Jaehyun is not stupid, though. He realized that Hyemi was weird for the past days and she became mysterious. She even avoided him often now when usually they always stick together. Something must be wrong with her, but Jaehyun didn’t even know a single thing about that.

 

He kept looking at her who was smiling while looking at the post it like she was in a deep love with it. It hurts him a bit, because for all this time she was never smiled for him like that. For the past ten years, Hyemi just treated Jaehyun like a childhood friend, nothing more.

 

“Why can’t you wear your jacket properly?” he finally said, while pulling up her jacket which (as always) dropped down from her shoulder. “Are you happy now that your Dad didn’t mad at you?”

“Of course. I was almost crazy imagining that Dad would yell at me because I didn’t tell him that Mom collapsed again.”

“Are you going to the hospital today?”

She nodded while slurping her coffee, “I’m going now.”

“I will come later after six, then.” He said, then wiped the cream on the side of her lips with his thumb. Any girl would be flustered and blushed if Jaehyun did something like that to them; but not for Hyemi. Because Jaehyun does that waaaay too often to Hyemi.

 

They were about to leave the coffee shop when a familiar boy with the same uniform as them entered. He walked straight to the counter, and Sejong welcomed him with a smile. It’s already five p.m., means Sejong’s shift was already ended. Just by looking at Wonwoo and Sejong, anyone would feel fluttered because, hell, both of them looked at each other’s eyes like the world is theirs.

 

Leave the hanging relationship behind, at least Wonwoo and Sejong are in love with each other and better than anyone who faked their relationship and cheated on each other. Is the three years gap between them the only problem that they have? Can’t they date comfortably even if Sejong is three years older than Wonwoo?

 

“You, love birds! We are going now.”

“Bye, Jaehyun! Bye, Hyemi!”

 

While waiting for the bus, Hyemi and Jaehyun were talking and sometimes joking with each other – and that’s what Jaehyun loved from being with Hyemi. Because both of them are really comfortable with each other and they could just laugh at anything even if it’s not funny.

 

Sometimes Hyemi would slap Jaehyun’s arms especially when she laughed; it was hurt but he enjoyed it anyway. Because he really loves her smile and even the sound of her laugh, he just simply likes her so much.

 

Actually Hyemi doesn’t like Jaehyun if he looked at her straight to her eyes way too often. Because she’s just a girl, even though he did it often and she could just act nothing, but still, sometimes she would be afraid.

 

Afraid of her feelings towards him, and vice versa.

 

“Your bus is here,” she said. Jaehyun has to take a different bus since he’s going home while Hyemi’s going to the hospital. “Go, Jaehyun!”

“I will wait until your bus arrived.”

But she pushed him to the bus, “I can do this by myself you stupid just leave now!”

“I will be there at six thirty, okay?”

“Okay, Captain!”

 

Seems like she had to wait a little longer because the bus didn’t come yet, and she was by herself there. While looking at her phone, she opened Mingyu’s Instagram again like she couldn’t get enough.

 

He rarely uploaded any selcas, and most of his photo are scenery, or sometimes just random things but he could still managed his feed. On his tagged photos, he was always that one friend who we wanted to get a photos of him, but he didn’t want to be captured – but still ended up handsome even if it’s a candid photo.

 

“Wow, someone is a little too perfect for his own good.” she said, didn’t realize that someone’s towering in front of her.

“What are you doing?”

 

Her thumb stopped scrolling the Instagram when she heard the voice, hoping that it was just a dream. But no, it wasn’t a dream. When she looked up Mingyu was really standing right in front of her and she was busted for stalking his Instagram.

 

She just hoped that Mingyu didn’t hear her earlier. But actually she was wrong, again. Mingyu heard it all, and kept smiling ear to ear while looking down to her who was focused on stalking his Instagram to the point that she didn’t realize that Mingyu was towering her for all the time.

 

“What are you doing here?”

“You didn’t answer me earlier, though.” He answered. “What are you doing?”

“Uhm, waiting for the bus, of course.”

“O, I see.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I was about to meet Sejong but seems like she’s with her boyfriend?”

 

Sejong, again. Hyemi didn’t know how to react, because Mingyu seems to be okay with Sejong having Wonwoo already. She couldn’t understand both Sejong and Mingyu, really. Even though she wanted to know, but she also didn’t want to ask Mingyu about his feelings towards Sejong. She was scared.

 

“Where are you going?”

“To the hospital.”

“Let’s go, I will drive you there.”

 

The time stopped for Hyemi, she couldn’t believe that Mingyu offered her a ride? Something is weird that she didn’t want to believe anything right now.

 

“B- but I have to buy dumplings first for Dad.”

He raised his eyebrows, smiling, “Okay, I will drive you there.”

 

Still standing on her spot, didn’t even move an inch, she looked at Mingyu curiously. She wanted to know why Mingyu suddenly became this… caring?

 

He bent his body to match his head with her, “The bus that you are waiting for is coming every one hour, do you still want to wait here?”

 

Holy how did he know my mind?”

 

They finally went to near dumpling restaurant, and they were fighting right in front of the cashier because Mingyu wanted to pay but Hyemi didn’t want him to pay. “I’m paying with my Dad’s money, so you don’t have to worry.”

But he gave the cashier his card, “And I’m paying with my own money, so you don’t have to worry.”

“But you really don’t have to do it, Mingyu.”

“I also bought one box, you know? I didn’t pay for you entirely, just pay me back later when you got your own money, not your Dad’s.”

 

The situation was confusing for Hyemi, she was afraid about what will happened in the next day, because Mingyu really made her happy today. And how he suddenly acted this way made her confused more.

 

As she remembered, Mingyu was also the one who confessed to Sejong right in front of her, as if she wasn’t there. He was also the one who crushed her heart into a little pieces few days ago, and here he is, paying the food for her even drove her to the hospital.

 

It’s already seven o’ clock, and Hyemi still nowhere to be found. She didn’t answer his calls nor reply his texts. Still waiting for her on the bench in front of her Mother’s room, Jaehyun who’s holding a mixed berry juice for her kept looking at the clock.

 

Where is she?”

 

He was worrying her by himself, for all the time, just to found out that Hyemi arrived late with Mingyu beside her. They were talking while walking to Jaehyun’s direction, as Hyemi waved to him like nothing happened.

 

Yeah, nothing happened as always, because Jehyun was just her childhood friend, not her priority.

 

Hiding the mixed berry juice behind, Jaehyun waved and smiled back to her, even to Mingyu. Even though his heart was in pain, he didn’t want to show it Hyemi. He didn’t want their friendship to be awkward.

 

He didn’t want her to leave, just that.

***

A/N; i'm sorry or being late but i was being a proud mommy because #SVT1STWIN!!!! and i was crying along with them :-( good work, seboongie <3

---back to the story, after reading this chapter, is there any of you who change the #TEAM? lol because i changed everytime i wrote a new chapter