Broken Promises.

Drift Away

Broken Promises

 

She walked straight to her room, smiling ear to ear, and still trying to keep up with her fast heartbeat. The kiss ended up with a promise that tomorrow morning they would meet at the venue, Hyemi would take Mingyu somewhere after the event, and Mingyu would send her home again like today.

 

After taking a shower, she pulled up the blanket, getting ready to sleep. Leaving the phone, and hundreds messages from Jaehyun. Well, at least Jaehyun knew that Hyemi was already at home, safe and sound.

 

Next morning, the sun shines brightly through the window of her room, waking up the girl from her beauty sleep. Last night was her happiest night, at least, because she felt like all her dreams came true in a night. And got kissed by the prince charming in the middle of the night, was it just like a fairytale story?

 

Even when she had to take a shower, she couldn’t stop smiling; or thinking about last night. She was just that happy to be with Mingyu. Call her dumb; or crazy, and she wouldn’t even care. Falling in love and getting IQ downgraded is not that different.

 

“Jaehyun!” she shouted from the veranda which is right next to Jaehyun’s. Ever since they were just a kid, both of them would shout each other’s name through the veranda; to ask one to play or just talk about anything.

 

And now, the verandas would be the place where they talked about anything in the middle of the night when one of them couldn’t sleep, and it’s usually Hyemi – and Jaehyun would always be up for her.

 

Looking at her under the moonlight, her shiny black hair, her natural pink lips, and her bunny teeth that she hated at first; was and still Jaehyun’s favorite.

 

Opening the door slowly as he closed his eyes because of the sunlight, “What happened, Hyemi?” he said, with his husky voice and the perfect bed hair. Hyemi – even though she has been his friend for years – is still a teenage girl who love a guy with husky voice and bed hair in the morning. Looking perfect even without trying too hard, that’s Jung Jaehyun.

 

“Long story short, I need to be the model for today’s event since Chaeyeon couldn’t come. And I have rehearsal in thirty minutes so let’s just meet there later. I’m going on stage at five thirty, I’m going to kill you if you didn’t see me!”

 

She didn’t even let Jaehyun speak, and rushed to close the door since she was already late. And the boy just smiled while leaning to the wall, and still thanked to the God that this morning he could still saw her, and heard her annoying high pitched voice.

 

His heart might be crushed into a little pieces everytime Hyemi draws a visible line between them, telling him that they are just a friend and it will not change. And the reality that Hyemi would be someone else’s wife, while he was the one who protected her since forever.

 

But that wouldn’t change the fact that he already prepare his heart – for everything even for the worst – that Hyemi would never fall in love with him.

 

Friendship between a girl and a boy means one of them would fall in love; or both if they’re lucky enough.

***

 

“Good morning.” Hyemi greeted the staff who was still confused because as they remembered the committee invited Chaeyeon, not this girl. But some of the committee already know about the change and explained to the others already.

 

They quickly gathered the five models to tell them about the stage, and the music that will be played while they walked later. Hyemi’s eyes were scanning the venue, searching for Mingyu who was still nowhere to be found. “He might be somewhere else.” She thought.

 

While trying to walk with the dress, she couldn’t stop thinking that the beautiful dress was insipired by her. The designer and her wasn’t even that close, they just talked once – that’s all. And how could he designed a dress that’s inspired by her? He doesn’t even know about Hyemi.

 

“Hyemi, Mr. Song wants to meet you outside.” Said one of the model.

 

“Oh? The designer? Okay, I’ll be there.” She answered, while taking off the dress.

 

Mr. Song was waiting for her while sitting on the sofa near the window, while sipping his morning coffee. He smiled when he saw Hyemi walked closer, automatically standing to greet her. “Hello, Hyemi!” he said.

 

“Hi, Mr. Song.”

 

He let her sit first, then followed after that. “Thank you for agreeing.”

 

“My pleasure, Mr.”

 

“The dress is actually yours, I should have told you earlier rather than choosing Chaeyeon.”

 

“I’m so glad, and thankful that the beautiful dress is inspired by me. Even though I’m still confused, because you don’t even know me that well?”

 

He laughed, sipping the coffee, then putting it down back to the table gracefully. “You know that Jaehyun has been modelling for my brand for a few times? There’s a time when I was down, and my head was messy. He knows me so well, that when I felt down, drawing things would heal me. but at that time, I couldn’t even think about anything. Then he talked about you. Every single thing about you that made him fall over and over again. He explained every pretty things about you that it even made me feel like I’ve known you even before we met. After that, I tried to draw a dress while thinking about you from what I heard from Jaehyun.”

 

“Even before we met?”

 

He nodded, “And after that I’m so glad that we could met at the photoshoot. But, I’m sorry that something bad happened to you that day that made you ran away from there. Since then, I tried to finish this dress. But the committee told me that the models has been chosen. I don’t know why  Chaeyeon suddenly canceled everything, but I’m also glad that the dress found its owner.”

 

The explanation really ed up her mind. On how Jaehyun and his deepest feeling, and on how Chaeyeon canceled everything? Did she heard about this somewhere? Because Chaeyeon is not a people who would run away from her job.

 

And even after the event started, when it’s already more than two hours, she couldn’t find Mingyu. She tried to think straight, maybe he was still busy that he couldn’t meet her? “Stop being childish, Hyemi.”

 

“Hyemi, let’s go, we have to get our makeup done.”

 

While walking to make up room, she finally saw Mingyu, walking to her direction. But he didn’t smile, didn’t even look at her, like they doesn’t know each other. Even when he walked pass her, he didn’t stop.

 

And it made her confused, and angry. Did she make a mistake to believe in him?

 

So the kiss last night, was nothing?

***

a/n; i know i shouldnt do this when most of you are #TEAMMINGYU lol tbh deep inside my heart i'm #TEAMJAEHYUN