Going Back With the Time

Drift Away

Going Back With the Time

 

“Do you think this is the end?” he asked her.

“I thought I wouldn’t hear that sentence from your mouth again, no?”

 

When they were ten years old, something big happened. Wonwoo, Hyemi and Jaehyun were almost being kidnapped. At that time, the three of them were playing at Jaehyun’s place because their parents were on an outing. They decided to play on the rooftop without the maid knowing, and suddenly they heard the maid were screaming, and a group of thieves broke the door.

 

They were hiding and quickly lock the rooftop door but when the maid’s scream couldn’t be heard anymore, they realized that they were the next target. As a ten years old kids, they really didn’t know what to do except crying, but Hyemi even though she was the only girl, told the boys to hold their tears especially Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo was always the weakest between them, and the tragedy might be his biggest trauma at that time. The only sentence that he could said was:

 

“Do you think this is the end?” he said, while sitting on the cold ground, hugging his knees.

 

While Hyemi was trying to calm him down, Jaehyun found a wooden box with so many things inside, including a rope. “We have to get out of this place before they found us.” said the brave ten years old, Jung Jaehyun.

“Are you crazy? They are going to find us if we jump outside! And do you think Wonwoo can do that in this state?”

“And do you want them to kidnap us? No?”

 

Jaehyun moved closer to Wonwoo who was crying, then offered his hand. “Wonwoo, hold my hand. You know that my hand has magic, right? It can heal you!”

 

It seemed like a magic but Wonwoo stopped crying and the three of them agreed to jump. They agreed that whoever jumped first should run and ask for help, and Wonwoo happened to jumped first, then Jaehyun, and Hyemi was the last.

 

While Wonwoo ran to the road for a help, Jaehyun was still waiting for Hyemi to jump because she was scared of height, and that’s how the thieves realized that there were kids outside and on the rooftop.

 

Even though they agreed to run right after they landed on the ground, but Jaehyun really couldn’t leave Hyemi behind, and that made the thieves caught him. Hyemi, braving herself, slide down to save Jaehyun but ended up being caught by the thieves also.

 

Luckily, Wonwoo quickly brought people and police to save them before the thieves ran away with all the money, things, and the kids with them.

 

Until today, Hyemi still couldn’t forgive herself because she made Jaehyun wait that long. Just if she jumped faster, the thieves wouldn’t found out and they wouldn’t beat Jaehyun up.

 

And Wonwoo, still owe both Jaehyun and Hyemi a big life because without them, he would still be a coward who’s waiting for the end.

 

After talking for a while, Wonwoo walked her home, and Jaehyun was waiting for her in front of the house. He walked closer to her, hugging her, and cried. Both Wonwoo and Hyemi didn’t know the exact reason why Jaehyun cried, maybe he was worried because Hyemi disappeared?

 

“Woojae, why are you crying?”

“I thought someone kidnapped you because you didn’t answer my phone and you were nowhere, stupid! But you were with Wonwoo so it’s okay I’m going to forgive you.”

Wonwoo pulled Jaehyun with him while laughing, “We are not a ten years old kids anymore, though. Where is the brave Jung Jaehyun why are you crying over this ugly girl?”

“Do you think the three of us need a vacation? I mean, life is getting hard these days, and tomorrow is Sunday, so..?”

 

Both Wonwoo and Jaehyun automatically agreed to her idea, then parted away to their houses after deciding the place for the next day.

 

Jaehyun who was in charge to wake Hyemi and Wonwoo up was busy calling them early in the morning; he was always the one who woke them up because Jaehyun is so diligent that he could wake up early without an alarm. And both Hyemi and Wonwoo were really different from him.

 

“Wake up you lazy we have to catch the train!”

 

Seokchon is not really far from Seoul hence they choose the place, and they really want to enjoy the lake to soothe their mind. It also has a spring festival, and this is the right time for them to watch the cherry blossom.

 

They really did nothing on the train, just continued to sleep then get out of the train when they were arrived. But someone was really enjoyed the time, because Hyemi was sleeping with her head on Jaehyun’s shoulder, and he could watch her for a long time without her hiding her face like usual.

 

“Here are our breakfast!” said Jaehyun, and he was also the one who cooked for them. Nobody knows why this guy really could do anything by himself perfectly, and he always does that without asking for anything back.

 

“I really want to swim right now.” Said Wonwoo, after chewing up his sandwich.

Jaehyun nodded his head, “Me too, but unfortunately we can’t swim here.”

“While we are on it, do you remember when our family went on a trip to Jeju? Woojae, do you remember that we dragged Hyemi to the sea then she cried?”

Both of them were laughing, leaving Hyemi who was embarrassed. “Why did you do that? I was getting ready to wear the life vest, you know!”

“You don’t have to wear life vest, Hyemi, we were not even going to the middle of the sea.”

“We?” Hyemi scoffed, “After dragging me, both of you s were swimming into the middle. Leaving me without my life vest! I thought I was going to die at that time!”

“Yah! I wasn’t going to swim but I saw Jaehyun; he was really cool to take off his shirt and swim bravely like that. Why should I stay with you, Hyemi? What would that make me?”

“Whatever, I really hated the two of you at that time.”

Jaehyun who was sitting in the middle, circled his arms around Hyemi and Wonwoo to move them closer, “But really, I was really happy at that time because I thought you two are going to forget me after I moved to the states for four years. But actually, you are still my greatest friend!”

“Of course, we almost got kidnapped together back then, why would we forget you, Woojae?”

“We really owns you a big time, Jaehyun.”

 

Wonwoo went to buy some drinks for them, leaving Hyemi and Jaehyun who suddenly became awkward after all the conversation. They realized that Hyemi haven’t explained yet about yesterday. About why she ran away from the photoshoot.

 

Jaehyun offered his hand to Hyemi, “My hand has magic, remember? It can heal you, it can make you feel better.”

She smiled, then touched his hand, “Is the magic still working?”

“I would do anything to make you feel better if the magic is not working.”

“Anything?”

“Anything.”

“Can I tell you later? In case your magic hands has lost its touch.” She laughed.

“Sure. Just don’t tell me to leave you. I will block my ears for that.”

“Why would I tell you to leave me? Funny.”

“Because of that guy. He might fall in love with you someday, because who wouldn’t? and of course, you would choose him since I’m just your childhood friend, not even worth for you to choose. Just don’t tell me to leave for that, I really can’t do it.”

“Jaehyun…”

“No. I’m not saying that I give up on you. No.”

 

After strolling around the park and did so many things that they couldn’t do for a while, they finally headed back home. The idea of going to a picnic together really helped them a lot since these days instead of having a hard times, the three of them rarely talked because of one and another things.

 

Even though the problem couldn’t be solved just like this. After coming back home, Wonwoo should still fix the misunderstanding with Sejong, and Hyemi should still face anything that could be happened at any time with Mingyu. Whatever it is.

***

 

Sunday morning and Hyemi had to be late, while Jaehyun was already on his way to school. She had to take the bus by herself, and at this rush hour, almost all the bus were full.

 

While waiting for the bus, she couldn’t believe at what she actually saw. A big promotion poster of her school, with Jaehyun, Chaeyeon and also her face on it. The photo that the photographer hated actually made it to the main poster?

 

She didn’t feel happy, because she knew that Jaehyun must be doing something yesterday that made the photographer agreed to put her face. “That stupid .” She said, while pressing the phone to call Jaehyun.

 

He just answered to call for two seconds when suddenly a guy took her phone, then turning it off.

 

“What the hell?”

Kim Mingyu took off the shades, then smirked towards her. “Come with me.”

“I’m going to school.”

He grabbed her wrist, then locked her on his car. “Skip the school for today.”

“Are you crazy? What are you going to do? And give me back my phone!”

“I’m going to say sorry.”

“Sorry? For what? And if this is yourway to say sorry, you are just raising up my blood, Kim Mingyu!”

 

There is a pause before he answered, then he looked straight to her eyes. “I’m sorry because I crushed your heart especially that day.” He said.

***

 

a/n in case you dont know: woojae is Jaehyun's nickname. doyoung made it lol it means Woori Jaehyun (our jaehyun) and about his magic hands lol nct also talked about it on nct introduction (?) on v app because they said jaehyun could make them feel better and when he touched ten he accidentally laughed hence they said his touch made people feel better lol and he is also a good swimmer (they also talked about him swimming on a lake or river or a sea? idk i forgot lol and the members said jaehyun was really cool!

i feel like i'm going to make another trailer with jaehyun on it lol