Having a Big Heart

Drift Away

Having a Big Heart

 

Something about him is confusing, how he could flip everything over in a seconds as he likes. Just last night he made this little girl’s heart jumped out of its place because of the kiss, but then he made her heart crushed into a little pieces of .

 

Without her noticing, Jaehyun was following her behind to the makeup room. She was walking slowly with her head down, and Jaehyun felt like something bad must be happened to her. He couldn’t enter the makeup room so he waited outside instead until he fell asleep in the chair.

 

Nobody would have a big heart, and a patience as much as Jaehyun has. Waiting for her was not enough torture, and right now she fell in love deeply with someone else; and Jaehyun has to act like he is okay in front of her.

 

And whenever someone broke her heart, he has to heal it – when his heart’s condition is also bad.

 

Three hours of waiting the girls to finish their makeup and outfit, Hyemi was surprised when she saw Jaehyun in front of the room; sleeping.

 

“Jaehyun?” she his hair, “What are you doing here?”

 

He finally woke up, and automatically smiled when he saw Hyemi. “Waiting for you, Hyemi.” He said, while standing to help Hyemi with the tail of her dress. She had never ask him for a help, but he’s always be there to catch her anytime.

 

“You need to watch me from to front, stupid.”

 

“I know. I just want to cheer you up, stupid.”

 

“Have you meet Mr. Song?”

 

He nodded, “He gave me a seat beside him so I could see you clearly.”

 

“Models standby!” Mingyu shouted from the hall, walking closer to the models. Seems like he’s really busy with his job today. Walkie talkie, in ear, and rundown paper which always with him all day – and some problems with the performers who are late or with their mic that couldn’t be .

 

He looked at Hyemi, then smiled. And that made her more confused, but still trying to think positively. Maybe Mingyu was so busy that he couldn’t meet her? It’s not like he didn’t want to, though?

 

Whatever, she gained her energy again. Not because Jaehyun waited for her for three hours, but because Mingyu who smiled for her for two seconds.

 

Jaehyun suddenly hugged Hyemi – even though she didn’t surprised at all. She hugged him back as he leaned his chin on top of her head. Both of them couldn’t lie to each other that their hug makes them feel relaxed, and loved. Each other’s arms are their comfort zone, and they didn’t wait it to be changed.

 

Even though someday, everything will changes.

 

“Good luck, Captain!”

 

She smiled, “Thank you, Captain!”

 

The fashion show started, and surprisingly the hype was high. She was nervous, but it disappeared as soon as the music started and she started to walk. Hyemi is not a model; she has never been one, but everyone told her that it’s okay, just walk like you own the stage.

 

She might not be walk perfectly, but at least she didn’t make a mistake. And even the designer gave her and the other models a standing applause. She thought that, she walk in a dress which is her own dress. So, she had to be one with the dress. And she succeeded.

 

“Good job everyone!”

 

Jaehyun quickly ran to the backstage just to found Hyemi and Mingyu, hugging. He thought that he would be the first who congratulated her, but he was wrong. Walking slowly to them, and acted like he saw nothing, Jaehyun greeted them first.

 

“Congratulation, Captain!” he said.

 

Hyemi saluted to him, “It’s all because of you, Captain!”

 

“I need to go, then.” Said Mingyu. “The next guest star should be on stand by now. See you!”

 

“And I need to change the clothes,” said Hyemi. “Let’s meet outside, Jaehyun.” Before she walked away with other models to the makeup room again.

 

And Jung Jaehyun just ran to the backstage just to be left by her after a single greeting. This might be his bad day for all those things happened at once.

 

From: Wonwoo

Captain, where are you? I just bought two tickets for the event at Sejong’s university. You know I have a big heart so I’m going to give one for you.

 

To: Wonwoo

I’m already inside the venue.

 

From: Wonwoo

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS LIKE THIS TO ME? I JUST SPENT MONEY FOR A TICKET AND IT’S USELESS?

 

To: Wonwoo

Didn’t you said that you have a big heart?

 

From: Wonwoo

I’m on my way there.

 

While waiting for Wonwoo and also Hyemi, Jaehyun walked around the venue to find Mingyu – just because. At first, he didn’t interested this much at Mingyu because he thought something big wouldn’t happened between him and Hyemi. Seems like he wasa wrong, something already happened and he had to make sure that this Mingyu guy won’t break Hyemi’s heart.

 

But he couldn’t find Mingyu anywhere, and saw Chaeyeon instead. She wears a white t-shirt with a black skinny jeans, and an ankle boots. Simple but gorgeous. No wonder that guys are crazy over her, Chaeyeon is just simply beautiful.

 

“I thought you couldn’t come today that you gave the dress to Hyemi?”

 

“You should have said ‘Hello’ first, Jaehyun.” She said. “Why are you alone?”

 

“Answer me, Chaeyeon.”

 

“I didn’t say that I couldn’t come, though? I said that I couldn’t attend the fashion show, I don’t want to walk. That dress is Hyemi’s, I shouldn’t wear that, Jaehyun.”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

She raised her eyebrows, smiling. “Yeah, I’m okay now. Few days ago I couldn’t even sleep because I’m going to wear something that I shouldn’t wear. But, really, I’m okay now.”

 

“Why are you so kind to Hyemi? You two are not even close, Chaeyeon.”

 

Then she walked closer to him, patting his arm slowly. “Because she could make you feel happy when I cannot.”

 

His brain started to think about the meaning, about why did Chaeyeon said that to him? Did she just said that she likes him, indirectly?

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“You don’t need to understand, I hope someday you will feel it, Captain.”

 

That night, Jaehyun finally got a confession. A real confession. But, sadly, it wasn’t from Hyemi but from Chaeyeon. Someone that he has never thought of. Someone that he always flirted for fun, always telling her that she is beautiful, and telling her that his eyes got blessed just by looking at her.

 

For Jaehyun, it was just a flirt, for fun. He flirted so many girls at school, telling them that they’re beautiful. But for Chaeyeon, it was never just for fun. He accidentally raised her hopes high, and she is still grabbing to it tight.

 

“A flirt is a flirt, Jaehyun. That’s why I can’t have any feelings towards you, because you are so flirty to any girls that you think it’s okay to raise their hope high.” Said Hyemi, a long time ago, and Jaehyun just realized his fault for all this time.

***

a/n; haaavvvveee you seen seventeen's new MV? IS KIM MINGYU EVEN A HUMAN? WHOEVER DYED HIS HAIR BLACK AND GIVE HIM RED LIPSTICK COME OUT WE NEED TO TALK HE JUST DESTROYED MY LIFE /////3

(and NCT 127 is going to debut soon, anddd jaehyun is part of it. ok. ready to be ruined)

----back to the story, i hate to write this chapter because i made jaehyun sad ///3 i'm still #TEAMJAEHYUN ftw