Stay With Me

Drift Away

Stay With Me

 

“Oh, you are here already?” she ran to him as if she didn’t do something that bothered Jaehyun, and Mingyu slowly followed her behind. Seeing his face made him wanted to hide the mixed berry juice even more, because she probably drank it with Mingyu before.

“Mingyu bought dumplings for us, let’s eat first before you leave.”

Jaehyun nodded his head, then grabbed Hyemi’s wrist to drag her to the room. “Your parents are waiting.” He said, like he wants to show Mingyu that he owns Hyemi.

 

There are Jaehyun’s Dad, and Hyemi’s parents inside the room – they were talking comfortably then greeted the kids as they opened the door. Hyemi was aware about the situation, but she couldn’t make Mingyu as an outcast right now.

 

If Mingyu didn’t help her that her, or if Jaehyun didn’t help her to get her Mom a room that day, she didn’t know what would happened. Both Jaehyun and Mingyu helped her so much but she knew that Jaehyun doesn’t like Mingyu to be around them.

 

“I heard that you were the one who drove Jaehyun and Hyemi here?” Mrs. Son asked, and he quietly nodded while walking slowly towards her. Then she continued, “Thank you, because Hyemi was obviously panic at that time and she couldn’t control herself in that state. I couldn’t imagine if she was alone.”

“She was with me, though.” Jaehyun replied, coldly.

Then his Mom patted his head. “Thank you to you, too, Jung Jaehyun.” And all the adults laughed with her. While Jaehyun didn’t feel amused at all, because he wants them to stop treating him like a little kid. Especially in front of other people.

“I did nothing, though.” Mingyu answered, then bowed to the adults. “I’m sorry but I have to go now. Enjoy the dumplings, Sir, Ma’am.”

 

Hyemi followed Mingyu behind, and Jaehyun followed Hyemi behind, to wherever they’re going. Because Jaehyun really doesn’t want to let Hyemi with Mingyu alone. He really hates Mingyu to the point that he wouldn’t let Mingyu see Hyemi too often.

 

“Where are you going?”

Mingyu stopped, so did Hyemi and Jaehyun who were following him. “To the coffee shop because I have a night shift.”

“A guy who works in a coffee shop is cool!” she said.

“And I can buy his coffee shop.” Jaehyun said.

“Don’t mind him, Mingyu. Jaehyun is an expensive guy.”

Mingyu smiled at their behavior, then patted Hyemi’s head, “Why are you so cute?”

 

Her cheeks became red and her body became an ice at the moment Mingyu touched her head. The only thing that was moved was just her eyelashes, and her eyes who kept looking at Mingyu.

 

Jaehyun, who didn’t want to let Hyemi fall for him like that, quickly pulled her out of the way, dragging Hyemi who was still frozen on her position. While the girl still admiring the one who walked away, there is one boy who kept looking at her.

 

It was always been Hyemi since the first time, and it wouldn’t be changed in anytime soon. But Mingyu made him realized that sometimes, there will be someone who she really likes, and she couldn’t help but to choose the guy over him.

 

Because he is just her childhood friend, and will forever be.

***

 

For the school profile, they chose some students to be the ambassadors especially students who has achievement on their own fields. Jaehyun was choosen because he’s been the basketball captain for three consecutive years in high school, Hyemi was choosen because she is the cheerleader captain and the team has a lot of achievement, and Chaeyeon was choosen because, well she is pretty.

 

They made her like a smart- role model student when in reality she is just ‘eh’. But since she is super pretty, they chose her. The website should be full with good looking people and Chaeyeon is also a uniform model for a brand so she would help the school to build the high class image.

 

“And here I am, I don’t know why they have to choose me? Between Jaehyun and Chaeyeon? Geez.”

 

Jaehyun just smiled seeing Hyemi who was whining for everything, because for him she is the most beautiful girl ever, outside and inside her heart. For him, there will be no one who could make his heart flutter like what Hyemi did to him.

 

In the future even if someone finally made his heart moved, he believed that no one could do the same as Hyemi. Even if he was fated to not ended up with Hyemi, he will never forget the memories with her.

 

It was always been here for him, even after she drew a visible line between them.

 

“Maybe because you are super pretty?”

“Jung Jaehyun who could make anyone heart’s explode, except me, Son Hyemi.”

He hugged her, without any reason, because he just wanted to do that. Hugging her tightly, resting his head on top of her head, and being hugged back by Hyemi. A happiness in the morning, a simple happiness for him. “I know, that’s why I will never give up on you.”

“You should, one day.”

“I don’t want to talk about it. Let’s go,” he offered his hand, “the photographer must be waiting for us.”

 

All the staffs were praising Chaeyeon as soon as she walked into the room, even with minimal make up and a simple school outfit, she was still the brightest out of all. Usually, Hyemi was never bothered by a super pretty girl, but this time, she’s afraid. What if she messed the photoshoot?

 

Because she felt like she doesn’t deserve to be in a position like this.

 

“You look so fine, Jung Chaeyeon.” Said Jaehyun, back at his usual flirty self again.

She smiled shyly, “You too, Jung Jaehyun.”

 

The shoot started, and everything happened like what she expected. Staffs were praising both Jaehyun and Chaeyeon, but Hyemi only got complaints. They said Hyemi couldn’t express herself well, and the cheerleader uniform doesn’t fit her.

 

There was no A-cut for her and the photographer seemed to be really mad. Of course he wanted the best cut but for him, Hyemi messed the whole concept. The three of them had given each concept and it seems like Hyemi was the only one who couldn’t fit into the concept yet.

 

“Yah! Cheerleader girl! Can you damn pose less awkward? You are downgrading the photo quality of Jaehyun and Chaeyeon, you know?”

 

She held her tears, because the photographer cursed at her so many times. Even when Jaehyun tried to defend her, she still repeated the same faults. Until…

 

“Chaeyeon will be the cheerleader for the next shoot. Quickly change her outfit!”

 

Means Hyemi was kicked out, just like that. She quickly walked to the change room to give the uniform to Chaeyeon, then walked out of the building before Jaehyun realized something.

 

She knew it, that she shouldn’t have accepted the offer. Maybe the teacher thought that because she’s great in cheerleading means she’s also great to be a model. No. she was the best when she’s dancing, cheering for other people, not in front of the camera pretending like she’s happy without her team.

 

Hyemi is different with Jaehyun who already did tons of photoshoot and will do just fine without his team outside the field. And she is extremely different with Chaeyeon who’s actually a poster girl and could act like she’s enjoying school when she’s not.

 

This thing is just not her forte, and she knew it.

 

Wonwoo is calling…

 

“Hello?”

“Hey, where are you?”

“Uhm, around Gangnam? I just… finished the photoshoot.”

“Cool! Can you help me then? I was going to make a birthday surprise for Sejong but this stupid worker made the wrong cake so I had to wait again. I didn’t tell Sejong anything and I’m afraid that she would leave.”

“Do you want me to make her stay at home until you came?”

“Bingo! My Hyemi is really smart!”

“Geez! Stop it. Hang up the phone then, I’m going to stop a cab.”

 

Once again, she’s envy of Sejong. Because she seems to live easily with people who loves her around, even though she had to work to live up her family. Living far away from her parents, had to rent a cheap apartment, had to work and study at the same time; her life seems harder than Hyemi but Sejong is a lot happier than her.

 

Wonwoo will never give up on her no matter how much Sejong made their relationship confusing. Yes, it was confusing, but they’re enjoying it. Because Sejong realized that there will be no other guy who will accept her as a whole as Wonwoo does.

 

“Unnie!” she called from outside the door.

“Hi! What are you doing here, Hyemi?”

They walked into the room with Hyemi clinging on her, “I’m just bored at home so here I am.”

“You don’t have school today?”

“It’s Saturday, Unnie!”

“Ah, I forgot. Wonwoo didn’t even text me today so I thought he is busy with school.”

 

Hyemi was just sitting down on the chair when the bell rang again, and Sejong went to open the door. She thought that it was Wonwoo so she just sat there, didn’t want to disturb the couple. But there were nothing happened? And Sejong stayed outside longer than she expected.

 

She knew that it’s rude to eavesdrop other people’s conversation, but her curiosity led her there. And she, once again, regretting her decision.

 

“I told you not to come again, Mingyu. I will never have the same feeling with you, anymore. I have Wonwoo, and you have to move on.”

“Can’t I at least try to move you heart instead, Sejong? I’m a little bit lost without you, and it’s hurt enough to know that you are dating a high schooler? Are you crazy?”

“We are just two – three years apart, Mingyu, that’s not a big problem. He will enter the university soon, and I’m not dating a high schooler anymore after that!”

“I waited for you for more than four years, is it not enough?”

 

Sejong was about to close the door but Mingyu held it, then opened the door again. He walked closer to Sejong to kiss her lips, and it made Hyemi lost her mind already. She fell on her knees, trying to hold the tears since she didn’t want Mingyu to know that she was there – eavesdropping his conversation even watching him kissing Sejong.

 

She pushed him, then slapped his cheek, but it was late.

 

“And I thought our hanging relationship is not because you are embarrassed to date a high schooler like me?” said Wonwoo, who also eavesdropped everything. “Hyemi come out of the room already!” he shouted.

 

Hyemi was too weak to do anything, until Wonwoo walked into the room and dragged her with him after placing the cake and the flower on the table. Hyemi who couldn’t hold the tears anymore finally cried while being dragged by Wonwoo out of the building.

 

“Don’t you dare to appear in front of my face again, Kim Mingyu! I’m going to send my resign letter tomorrow.” She said, then closed the door, leaving Mingyu by himself.

 

“I’m sorry that you have to hear their conversation, Hyemi.”

She looked up to Wonwoo who was also out of his mind, “Are you okay, Wonwoo?”

“Me? No, I’m not okay.”

“You are smiling but your heart is crying, Wonwoo.”

“I know, I just don’t know what to do anymore. I’m not going to give up on her but I’m still disappointed right now.”

“Don’t be like that, you have to hear the truth directly from her, Wonwoo. Sejong is not someone like that, you know her more than anyone else.”

He nodded, “But, first, I have to beat that guy.”

“No, don’t beat him. The way Sejong made him to wait for few years, and the way she rejected him is already a punishment. Just don’t make him suffer anymore, Wonwoo.”

“Do you like him that much?”

She looked down to her feet, “I think I do.”

***

 

a/n; it's been eight days? T_T I'm sorrryyyyyyyyy to make you wait this long because i had things to do these days TT_TT and have you heard about Wonwoo's scandal? i hope he is okay though he already apologized T_T please smile again, wonwoo <3