Aren't They Lonely?

Drift Away

Aren’t They Lonely?

 

“Son Hyemi, listen to me first!” he tried to catch her right after they left the cinema, while the girl walked as fast as she could. People were looking at them and actually both of them were embarrassed. But Hyemi also couldn’t face Jaehyun, she kept being reminded of the kiss before.

 

She couldn’t do this anymore, that was way too embarrassing. Inside the mall where people were walking around at this time, when it’s the most crowded time. She stopped her step, then looking back.

 

Jaehyun quickly stopped, as fast as he regretted his kiss.

 

“Come with me.” she said, and Jaehyun followed her to a corridor which is the way to ladies’ restroom.

“Hyemi, can’t we talk anywhere else? They might think I’m a strange person.”

“You are.

“I said I’m sorry, Hyemi. Can’t we get over this already?”

“What do you think you were doing to me earlier, huh?”

“Can’t I kiss your cheek? Oh, right, I cannot.” He sighed, then leaned to the wall. It’s too late to be embarrassed anyway. “Can’t you just accept it as a joke then?”

Hyemi walked closer to him, leaving few centimeters away between them. “See? You always joked about this kind of thing. I could accept it, but what about the other girls? And you said you are not a heart breaker, Jung Jaehyun?”

He bit his lips I frustration while rolling his eyes, “I really don’t want to fight with you, can’t we forget this already?”

“Leave me, I don’t want to talk with you before you use your brain before saying something. Don’t run after me or I will scream.”

 

Jaehyun might look like he is the strong and scary basketball captain while playing, but actually he is a soft white tofu who is scared of Hyemi and would do anything that she told. It happened again this time, he actually left the mall and went to the field instead.

 

If he didn’t release the stress with basketball, then he might be crazy already. For him, running around the field and throwing the ball is better than thinking quietly at home. And for Jung Jaehyun, losing arguments with Hyemi is better than losing her.

 

That’s why he always listened to her.

 

From: Mommy

Honey if you are still at the mall, buy me the Mozarice.

 

After reading the chat, she went to the restaurant where she met Mingyu earlier and what surprised her was that Mingyu’s still there. He was still sitting at the same place, but the girl was gone already.

 

She approached him, then sitting in front of him. The guy didn’t show any expression when Hyemi sat like he didn’t even care about anything. “It’s been more than two hours and you are still here? Where is the girl earlier?” she asked.

“She left me.” then he looked at her, “where is the boy earlier?”

“I left him.”

 

Mingyu’s expression was too difficult for Hyemi to read, and it made her frustrated. She didn’t know if the girl earlier is his girlfriend, or his sister, or just a friend. She wanted to know, but this guy wouldn’t tell her anything.

 

They are literally just a stranger who followed each other on Instagram.

 

“Why did you leave your boyfriend?” he asked her, and she was surprised. She couldn’t believe that Mingyu was actually asking her something, first?

While trying to control her expression, she tried to be as cool as possible to answer him. “He is just a friend.” Then looked at the ground to hide her pink cheeks, “how about the girl earlier?”

 

There was a pause before he answered, and Hyemi already prepared for the worst; for anything that he would say.

 

“My friend told me to do a blind date with the girl earlier, but seems like she has zero interest in me hence she left.”

 

Hyemi couldn’t believe that Mingyu actually answered her, and the answer was more shocking than anything that happened today. Just why would the girl has zero interest in someone like Kim Mingyu, and how could she left him like this.

 

Mingyu’s face didn’t show any disappointment, because he was extremely okay and he also had zero interest in the girl.

 

I would give anything to do a blind date with this guy, though. What a stupid girl.” She thought.

 

Actually she didn’t want to say anything because she was already happy just by looking at him, what a pleasing view. But she couldn’t stay in this awkward, and she can’t leave either since her food haven’t ready yet.

 

“Isn’t it funny how we haven’t had any introduction but we already talked like this?”

He raised his eyebrows, “Yeah, such a brave girl to approached a stranger first even stalked my Instagram.”

She closed her eyes, trying to hold her anger. This guy is annoying, his face really saved him. “My name is Son Hyemi, seventeen years old.” She offered her hand.

“You know my name, though. Twenty years old.” He took her hand, then pulling it, “You should have talked formally to me, shouldn’t you?”

 

Hyemi was taken aback by his action then quickly released her hand. Her heart was pounding really fast, and her mind was blank for a seconds.  She wanted to run away, but she was way extremely liked this moment. Her heart has been crushed, hard.

 

Her number blinked, means her food is ready and she used that to leave Mingyu. No ways she could stay there any longer since her heart was pounding really fast to the point that she thought she could die.

 

And her body temperature raised, making her face extremely red.

 

“My food is ready, bye.” She said, and Mingyu just smirked while looking at her who couldn’t even walk properly. He thought she was cute, and strange at the same time.

 

Even when she left the mall, her body was still hot. Even when she entered the cab, her heart wouldn’t stop beating fast. And even when she tried to forget him, she just couldn’t. No, it wasn’t Jaehyun’s kiss, she already forgot about it anyway.

 

She touched her chest, then her forehead, and shocked when she looked at the mirror; her face was really, really red.

 

“Mister,”

“Yes, Miss?” the cab driver answered, looking at the rearview mirror.

“Do you think a hot temperature, heart beating so fast, and red cheek could kill someone?”

The cab driver was really confused, and shocked at the same time. He thought that this little girl was really strange. “Pardon?”

“No, I can’t die like this.”

“Miss, do you want me to turn off the heater?”

She shook her head, “It’s okay, I’m okay. Son Hyemi, you are okay!”

 

And even after she reached home, slouched at the sofa, watching her favorite soap opera, she couldn’t stop thinking about Mingyu. All that he did was shaking her hand, then pulled it, but for Hyemi, he was messing with her mind already.

 

***

 

“Woah, look at this love letters.” Said Hyemi, who was leaning to the locker while scanning all the lover letters that Wonwoo got. Wonwoo was always be the popular boy at school, and girls wanted a piece of him.

 

But what’s funny was that Wonwoo had no interest to them, his heart is already owned by Sejong, no matter how much she played with him. Wonwoo believed that Sejong was never toying with him, he knows her condition and he knows that Sejong also feels the same to him.

 

“Stop acting pathetic, you could just point at anyone or just simply date Jaehyun. He is suffering all the time, don’t you know?”

“They said I’m popular, they said boys like me, but it’s actually a lie. Do you know that I’m lonely? I have never got a love letter, or confession from them who says that I’m pretty.”

“Jaehyun? Ah! Maybe boys couldn’t confess to you because of him?”

“Exclude him. And if someone really likes me no matter how much Jaehyun blocked them, he would find a way, right? I’m just lonely, Wonwoo.”

Wonwoo laughed, then closed the locker. “You must be at God-Sejong level to be able to get love letters and confession from boys, though?”

“Is she really good?”

He showed her two thumbs up, “There are things that boys wouldn’t find at anyone except my Sejong. Do you think I’m suffering for nothing?”

 

“Hyemi!”

 

“One more suffering boy is coming,” she gave him the love letters, “I’m going to meet Sejong Unnie before the practice. In case she is on her ‘disappearing-mode’. Bye!”

 

Hyemi told Sejong that she likes Mingyu, and she wanted Sejong to introduce her more to Mingyu since they are a good friend. And fortunately Sejong agreed to help her. They are going to meet before Hyemi’s practice at the coffee shop across the school.

 

She couldn’t wait for it, and her heart was fluttering all day long just by thinking of it.

 

“I have used my brain, now do you want to hear me?”

She crossed her arms in front of her chest, leaning to the locker while looking at Jaehyun who was panicked, and scared. “Sure. Go ahead.” And it’s funny how Jaehyun was standing like he was being punished by a teacher.

 

With that tall body and broad shoulder, this boy still couldn’t do anything in front of Hyemi.

 

“I was wrong.”

“Aaaand?”

“I was so depressed yesterday, and did something that I shouldn’t do.”

“Promise me you won’t do that anymore, not just to me but to any girl out there. You can’t just kiss a girl like that, Jaehyun.”

“I can promise, I can swear, I can bet anything that I wouldn’t do that to the other girl. But to you?”

She sighed, trying to calm herself down. “Still, you talked without using you brain.”

 

She was about to leave but Jaehyun grabbed her wrist, “Okay, okay. I promised!” he offered his pinky finger, “Please don’t leave me.” he pouted, and he was really cute like a puppy that’s begging in front of its owner.

“Okay.” She patted his head, “be good, Captain.”

 

After the school finished, Hyemi rushed to the coffee shop and Sejong was waiting for her there. Fortunately Sejong didn’t have any shift that day so she could sit comfortably there. They were talking about everything, just like what girls usually do, and also about Wonwoo.

 

Hyemi was always confused about Sejong and Wonwoo’s relationship, and truthfully, even Wonwoo and Sejong were still confused about their relationship. What’s sure that both Wonwoo and Sejong have the same feeling at each other, and they are going to stay no matter what happened to them.

 

She was always be jealous at Sejong – in a good way – because Sejong has Wonwoo. For all this time, she wants someone to look at her just like how Wonwoo looks at Sejong. Exclude Jaehyun, because that guy stares at Hyemi way too often that it made her uncomfortable.

 

After few minutes, Mingyu arrived, and since he didn’t know that Hyemi was also there, he couldn’t hide his disappointments. Luckily, Hyemi didn’t notice it.

 

Mingyu sat beside Hyemi since Sejong told him to, but didn’t say a thing. He didn’t even greet Hyemi. “What are we doing here?” was the first question that he asked.

“I want to introduce you to her. She is –“

“I know her, we already talked.”

“I mean, you two should get closer.”

 

Hyemi’s smile faded away when he saw Mingyu’s reaction, and how he looked at Sejong. And it was getting worse when Mingyu said, “I like you, Sejong. Don’t you know that? You were disappearing after we graduated. Don’t you know that I was almost crazy?”

 

He was looking at her just like Wonwoo looked at her, and Wonwoo was right; there are things that nobody could find at anyone find except on Sejong. Just by looking at them, Hyemi’s heart crushed at once to a little piece of . This was not something that she planned.

 

Standing right away, she took her bag with her. “Unnie, I have a practice right now. See you later.”

“Hyemi, wait!” Sejong tried to stop her, but Mingyu held her hand. Sejong didn’t mean this, she didn’t planned this, Mingyu screwed everything.

 

She thought that it was weird for a stranger to break her heart. She didn’t even know Mingyu, but he broke her heart right away. No, she didn’t blame Sejong, she blamed herself. She thought she had a chance to get closer with Mingyu.

 

But, no, Mingyu treated her as he supposed to do anyway. They are just a stranger.

***

a/n; can you guys imagine jaehyun standing in front of hyemi like he was going to be punished by the teacher? lol i'm #TEAMWONWOO anyway