Chapter 7: We're in Danger

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I t  h u r t s  s o  m u c h  b e c a u s e  o f  y o u

It was night when he saw them arrive in the rest area.

He tilted his head as he parked his car a little far from where their’s are, making a lot of people wonder why the hell there’s a white maserati in the middle of nowhere like the place.

He saw one of them walked out, leaving the rest inside. He then glanced at the phone on his hand, as if waiting for a call or something.

A rang was heard and that was his cue to report, voice blared from the phone’s speaker, “Did you get a hold of them?”

“Currently, sir,” he said monotonely, “I have them on my sight,”

“Good,” he closed his eyes as the caller keeps talking, “Make sure you do your job well. We need them back,”

He glanced back to the vehicle, there were no more movement since the maroon-haired got out of it.

“At ease, sir,” he pierced his eyes at the sight of the boy, “I do my  job more than well,”

Hoseok sighed as he sips on his coffee. The four of them had finally suceeded in escaping their pursuitors and the police, even though not without effort. The maroon-haired boy had never used his powers to that extent, that it kind of surprises him that he’s didn’t collapse out of exhaustion.

He leaned at the chair as he glanced back to the truck—Jimin was sleeping soundly with a window open on the seat beside the drivers’s seat and the other two was in no different situation with him, being on the back seat. The three of them (Taehyung still hadn’t wake up yet) had exhausted their powers againts their obstacles until they finally gave up on tailing them.

Truth, the maroon-haired doctor didn’t really know if this was really a good choice—joining the boys on their escape. When Jimin had told him that he was like them he had doubted it for a while, but when the truth of his status in the family had leaked out he can’t help to think of the orange-haired boy’s words.

“Adopted,” he whispered as his mind flew back to the occurence that morning, him helping his mother out cleaning the house and suddenly a certain document slipped out of his father’s work desk and he immediately demanded explanation when he saw his name—given name because apparently he had no certain name before—on the piece of paper with a four-years younger photo of him plastered on the corner, “Who knows that the most people you trusted had been lying at you for years? To the point telling me false facts about myself...,”  

The boy sighed again. Just one day he met these boys and suddenly his world was turned upside down. It’s not like he grieved on it—he’s happy that he didn’t have to go through more years of studying just to understand what does his power means. He’s glad that he didn’t have to waste more money on medical books.

But it was too bizzare—like, the discovery of his powers was already pretty freaky and here he was following a bunch of boys who looked a little too much like the people he’d always see in his dreams with the same condition as his’s.

It made him wonder, is he really probably not normal at all?

He frowned as he saw his cup. It’s closing to midnight and his coffee had gone with the hour. He’s not fond of cigarettes or anyt kind of things that cool people had seen to use when they’re in deep thoughts, but coffee was one thing that he’s pretty fond of when he’s stressed. A lot of caffeine isn’t really good for your health, but he’s already thinking of getting a hot Mochacinno instead of Americano like before.

“J-hope-hyung?”

And that voice stopped him in front of the cafe’s door.

*******

Taehyung felt like he had slept for an eternity.

His eyes was met with a grey ceiling, head propped to a soft object that turns out to be Jungkook’s thigs. It was hell—his head was pounding like there was no tommorow and his body ached a lot. Confusing, but the salmon-coral haired boy quickly took a hold of his surroundings and found that the two boys that was with him was currently sleeping, inside an unfamiliar truck. The last memory that he had was his roommate’s concern look in the playhouse.

Standing up, there was a small jolt of pain on his shoulder. It’s not the kind of pain that will knock him out immediately but it was still bothering him and Taehyung realized—the wound!

He pulled his t-shirt’s collar  down and expected to see red or blue splotches coloring the part, but there was none but a small bump of where the gunshot wound should have been at. It perked up on of his eyebrows—he knows that wound was no joke and it took him days just to recover completely from a bruised elbow, and he’s sure he’s not out that long.

The truck door opened with a slight creak as he forced himself out of the car. It intergues him on how did they end up in a rest area on the way to Daegu? Jimin doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter