Chapter 11: Escape

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, he’s waking up—oh thank god!”

Jungkook felt like he had a long dream—which thankfully he didn’t forgot. He saw that he was back in the guest room as he fluttered his eyes open, cream colored walls greeting him. He can’t really remember if he fainted or anything, but he surely knows that now a lot of his memoires are getting back.

“God, Jungkook, I thought we lost you,” he saw Yoongi’s mint flocks hovering over him, “Thankfully you stay true to what you said,”

The younger boy only gave him a weak grin, wanting to sit up but there’s a loud pounding in his head as soon as he moved his body, making him yell a little from the pain.

“Hey, calm down,” he could hear Hoseok’s voice and apparently his hands are on the sides of his head, “Your head isn’t that well yet. Namjoon really did a number on the barrier,”

“Sorry,” a voice echoed in his mind, “It’s a nessecity. His barriers are like, bulletproof,”

“Mon-hyung?” Jungkook whispered, “Whoa, I can hear you now,”

“Great isn’t it?” he could hear the other chuckle, “But please, call me Namjoon instead of that name,”

“Okay,” the boy nodded nonchalantly despite still being in bed. He didn’t see a sign of Jimin or Taehyung in the room so he guessed both were out practicing.

Just right in time when he thought about them, a flock of salmon-colored hair and an orange one barged into the room, eyes frantically scanning the place. When Taehyung got a sight on him, he literally freaked out.

“Oh my god, Jungkook!”

He was just going to smile at the taller boy but when he saw his greyish-blue eyes, a flashback immediately shot up through his brain, images flashing by as his head was still hurting from the pain. The memory made him frown, and he abruptly stood up from the bed.

“V-hyung!” the strawberry-blond boy ran to him, englufing the boy in a bear hug and confusing the rest of the boys in the room, “V-hyung,”

“Uhh, yeah, Hi Jungkook,” Taehyung awkwardly hugged him back, patting on the younger boy’s back as he recalled since the first time he met Jungkook he had never heard him call him with the nickname, “Are you alright?”

“Ah—,” the other boy quickly realized what he had just done, a blush went up to his cheeks, “Yeah, yeah, I’m alright—ack!”

Another pain went through his head and Hoseok scowled at the sight, “I told you to calm down first!”

“Sorry—sorry, hyung,” his breath gets erratic as the pain was getting unbearable for him, Jimin swiftly holds his hand and led him to the bed, “It was a reflect,”

“Yeah, whatever, but you need to stay still for some time,” the maroon-haired doctor’s hands went up to his head again, “Your head isn’t fully healed yet and you’ll be back up the quickest in three days,”

Jungkook frowned, “That’s too long,”

“Can’t help it, this is the best that I can,” Hoseok sighed, finally letting him go, “You should be grateful that it didn’t kill you,”

“So if Jungkook still here,” suddenly Jimin voiced out his thoughts, sitting on the couch in the corner of the room, “Can Namjoon-ssi do that to me too?”

“No!” Yoongi immediately snapped as he stood up from Jungkook’s bed, eyes getting soft when he saw the startled face on the younger boy, “No. I can’t risk it. It’s out of mere luckiness that it didn’t kill Jungkook’s brain cells,”

The orange-haired boy looked down, “Sorry, hyung,”

Sighing, the mint-haired guy ran his fingers through his hair, “No, it’s me who should be sorry. I’m sorry for snapping at you. But I can’t risk of losing another of my brother, Jimin,”

“O..kay,” Taehyung grinned a little awkward due to the atmosphere, “Should we get some chicken wings for dinner today?”

*******

That night, Yoongi visited Jungkook again.

“Did you saw... what happened?”

“Yes,” the younger replied softly as he took a cup of warm chamomile tea from the older’s hands, “Now I understand why did you want us to not to rush our memories,”

“He’ll blame himself,” the mint-haired boy whispered as he stared to his own cup, “He had ben depressed when the fact comes to him. But it wasn’t his fault that it could happen,”

“I still can’t believe it though,” Jungkook breathed, thankful that he got roomed alone because he was sick that day so no one could hear their conversation, “It’s technically us who did it right?”

Yoongi nodded, sighing has he turned his gaze back to the younger, “Did you regret remembering?”

“Honestly a little,” the strawberry-blond gulped, “But there’s also a good part from it too,”

The older tilted his head in confusion, urging him to continue his words.

“The seven of us could meet because of it,” he threw a smile to him, “It’s a relieve that I know I have a family with all of you after stranding in an orphanage since I woke up,”

“You’re right,” the gang leader let out a small chuckle, “We made a lot of good memories,”

Jungkook laughed with him, his eyes going soft and a little gloomy, “Will we ever get back together?”

“We will,” Yoongi said with a confidence, “He promised that he’ll find all of us—but now that he can’t, it’s my job to realize that wish,”

The strawberry-blond grinned, “So you’re finally feeling the responsibility of being the second oldest?”

A light smack was earned from him, “I’ve always been responsible to all of you. I took care of Hobi when he got an extension of his powers, remember?”

“You only gave him Jin-hyung’s tea every morning!”

“Hey, that counts as a form of caring too, alright?” Yoongi smiled thinly as the younger kept laughing despite his head was still hurting, “It’s nice to finally have someone with the same memory,”

“In time, hyung,” Jungkook patted his hand, “Like you said—they’ll come eventually later,”

It’s been a full month since they have been taken refugee in Yoongi’s base.

Taehyung still haven’t found out his powers and Jimin had been begging Yoongi for him to help broke his memory barrier, but of course the mint-haired leader refused. Hoseok has been helping a lot around the gang members and seemed like he had grown happier, that he can make use of his powers freely rather than when he’s still working in the hospital (he remembered how he surpressed a grin when Changkyun told him that his power was ‘cooler than Hyungnim’s’. Jungkook had been recovering well and he recently joined his salmon-haired friend in his training.

“You just started a week ago but why you’re already better than me?” Jimin pouted as he stared at Taehyung practicing his roundhouse kick, Jungkook slumping beside him, “I practiced crossing for three days but you did it perfectly in an hour!”

The younger just grinned proudly, “I’m just that talented, hyung!”

“Lift your kicks higher, Taehyung!” the two turned to their friend who was still struggling to do the move, Hyungwon in front of him frowning, “You need to hit the neck!”

“I’m trying!” the salmon-haired boy bit his lower lip, feeling frustrated that he can’t get it right, “It’s just spinning, but why can’t I do it?!”

“You guys seems you’re having fun,”

A voice heard from the upper level of the training area, revealing a flock of mint hair with a maroon-haired one beside him as the source of the voice. Hyungwon immediately bowed as soon as he sees the person.

“At ease, Hyungwon,” his raspy voice echoed through the area, “Thank you for teaching them, by the way,”

“Anytime, hyung-nim,” the boy chirped as, “It was an interesting experience for me, actually. It’s nice to know someone who’s isn’t as powerful as the others,”

Jungkook frowned, “So you’re the weakest?!”

“I’m more of a messenger,” he shrugged, “I can’t let you guys be teached by Jooheon or Wonho—they won’t be easy against you guys even though you’re a beginner,”

“True,” Yoongi hummed as he stepped down, entering the training grounds with Hoseok tailing behind, “Even though you guys have powers, you’ll still have a hard time facing them,”

“Well, that’s great,” Taehyung dropped down on the sports matress as he frowned, “I don’t have my powers yet, so I’ll be dead meat with them,”

“But no one’s is as strong as hyungnim here,” suddenly Hyungwon exclaimed, “Oh, hyungnim! You should show Taehyung your roundhouse kick! Maybe he’ll get it after seeing yours,”

The mint-haired leader only hummed more as he tilted his head, but he took off his leather jacket anyway, “Should I?”

“You should,” Jungkook grinned from his place, “Show off a little before you got your position as bangtan’s second strongest got snatched, hyung!”

Yoongi scoffed playfully, “By who, you? You’re not even in full control of your telekinesis, Kookie,”

“I will!” the younger exclaimed with a pout, “...soon,”

The rest of the boys laughed hearing the small mumble from the youngest, while Yoongi was already standing in front of the practice dummy. Without even further ado, he kicked the dummy harshly until it fallen dawn with a loud crash. Hyungwon was secretly fanboying on his leader on the corner (but of course he hid it with a small smile), and the others was gaping at the scene.

“Whoa,” Hoseok whistled, “Now that’s a roundhouse,”

“How—How could you do that?!” Taehyung frowned, “How can you still have enough pressure when your feet reaches the neck?!”

“It’s all about practice, kid,” the guy shrugged, pulling up the dummy and gave it a spinning back-kick, “You need to fix your balance first, I see you still stumble a lot,”

The salmon-haired boy huffed, “Why is this so hard?”

Suddenly the lights turned red and a loud blare of alarm spread across the room. Hyungwon was immediately alerted as he reached to the walls of the training area, a small portable control panel was plastered on it. The rest of the boys was tense but Yoongi seemed like that this was usual for him.

“This is why my room is soundproof,” he shook his head in annoyance, “What is it, Hyungwon?”

“I—It seems there’s another intruder, hyungnim..,”

He loudly groaned, “Again? Why—Ugh, just give me the panel,”

The said boy quickly pulled the locks, bringing the small rectangle-shaped touch-screen panel to the mint-haired boy. The gang leader pressed the cctv icon and an image of the outer side of the base’s situtation was projected. He perked one of his eyebrows at the said intruders, but his expression faltered as soon as he recognizes them.

“Hyungwon,” his words was full of fear, “Regroup with your teammates now,”

“Hyungnim? Is everything alright—,”

The familiar coldness washed over the room as Yoongi glared at him, “Now.”

Gulping, the boy ran to the halls leading to the rest of the base, not asking his leader another question. The mint-haired guy on the other hand furiously clicked some buttons on the panel, and Jooheon’s voice flowed from the machine.

“Hyungnim, I’m sorry about the intruders—,”

“Did I ever taught you to talk first before me, Jooheon?”

A squeak was heard from the other side, “N-no, I’m sorry, hyungnim...,”

Surprisingly, Yoongi sighed instead of getting more angry at the boy, “Listen, Jooheon, tell Minhyuk to prepare my car now. When you’re done, regroup with your members and flee immediately to Busan Headquarters,”

“Wha—hyungnim, why?”

“Just do it—I will explain more later,”

“But hyungnim—!”

Before Jooheon could utter another word, the line was already cutted off. He then turned to another line and an unfamiliar voice was heard. 

“Yes, hyungnim,”

“Connect me with the speakers,”

Loud ringing sound was suddenly echoing through the base, and Yoongi cleared his throat.

“Everyone of the Butterfly gang, this is your leader speaking,” he his lower lip in nervousness, “We have an abnormal intruders currently breaking in. Excluding the Elite Team, prepare to defend the base—and don’t let the blonde one pass. I will be joining you shortly,”

He quickly turned off the panel and plastered it back to the wall, and turned to the rest of the boys, “All of you—take all of your things and head to car depot. Wait for me there,”

“Yoongi-hyung,” there was a strange gut inside of Taehyung, making him worry, “What’s happening?”

“They found us,” Yoongi gritted his teeth, “Big hit ing found us,”

“Yes, sir, I have found the base,”

“Good. Make sure you got them and remember to perish the gang too. The goverment is paying us big and let’s not let their trust down,”

“As you wish, sir.”

The call ended and he slipped his phone into his pants pocket, a whole army of men in suits waiting behind him. There were the company’s cars scattered everywhere, and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter