Chapter 14: Back

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness.

He had grew fond of the object since he was in the facility.

The higher ups and the people in the lab has been saying the matter had been always his powers. Trained in complete dark mazes, had his eyes accustomed to dim lights and struggling to control other people’s shadows, Kim Seokjin had grew into the facility’s most feared commander. He’s cold, ruthless, and uncaring to the very deepest part in his heart.

“Seokjin, concentrate,”

—or supposed to.

“Yes, sir,” he panted as his supervisor ordered him. He had a whole new maze set up for him and there was too much obstacle for his mind to handle. He had been stuck in traps and locked up in invisible cages, but he still haven’t found the exit yet even though it has been three hours.

“There’s a wolf in front of you, Seokjin,” he gritted his teeth as he put up a shadow barrier, the masculine voice rang around the room, “Your mind is flying around,”

Before Seokjin could reply, a sound of shattering glass broke his concentration and he can feel himself being attacked, claws clinging to his sides. He bit his lower lip in order to suppress a scream, for he is not allowed to show any kind of pain or he’ll need to repeat the training all over again.

“Hyung, I’m scared,”

He groaned as a voice echoed on the back of his head, while still kicking and punching the unseen wolf that was still clawing at him. He has been distracted since the day he ambushed that gang hideout and capturing Park Jimin—and nothing improves as day goes, only increasing. It made him restless and sleepless as more voices and dreams surfaced in his mind, confusing his line of memories—

“Seokjin, stop.”

The lights and the wolf disperses into thin air.

—not that he has them before.

“Your performance these days are very poor, Kim Seokjin,” he down casted in shame as he covered a loud gash on his left arm, “You’re going to lose your position if it keeps going this way,”

“I’m sorry, sir,” he replied with a heavy heart, “I will repeat the sequence again—,”

“No need,” the supervisor’s voice was sharp as he cuts Seokjin’s words, “It’s futile to keep going. You are dismissed for today,”

Seokjin’s breath hitched. He has never been cut from training this way. They must have been planning something for him.

“Yes, sir,”

The room dimmed again as the door lock unlocked.

Yoongi sighed as the fire died.

It was raining hard and the wind was blowing roughly. Soon when he found out that the men in suits were not in their pursuit anymore, he finally used the other room, even though still leaving the lights off.

But as it was an abandoned house, there was no electricity or water or whatsoever important that they need to supply a normal house. It was lucky that Hoseok was still capable to lure out some water from the tap, but the absence of electricity was unnerving. It goes really hot when it’s sunny and it got really cold when it was raining.

Right now he is very pissed off. He had successfully sneaked out of the house and got some packets of ramyeon, but the wind was too hard that the fire that he had tried to lit on the stove kept dying, and the four of them haven’t ate anything since morning. He can’t say that he’s decent at cooking, but Jimin was taken away from them and Hoseok isn’t well enough to stand up. Not to mention the two highschoolers knew nothing about the subject, he was the only one who could do it.

“Not again,” he clicked his tongue as the fire died again. He tried not to curse loudly because Hoseok was finally asleep on the couch after having difficulties on it for some while, and he didn’t want to disturb Jungkook and Taehyung on the other room.

He flicked his fingers and the fire flared up again on the stove, even though small. He has no idea how to keep it going—he can’t suppress the oxygen around as it will kill the fire too, and he can’t ask for Hoseok to lock the wind—he’s really out of options.

“No, no, don’t you ing dare,” he whispered as he saw the fire dimming again, flicking his hand furiously but the blaze didn’t even budge. He almost wanted to scream out of frustration until a hand hovered on the side of the stove, making the fire stayed intact.

Yoongi turned for his eyes to be greeted with a flock of black hair. The boy was staring at the fire nonchalantly as he put up a barrier from the wind. He wasn’t sure what to say because Jungkook hadn’t really still talked to him, but nonetheless still thanked him.

“Thank you,” Yoongi finally threw in the ramyeon, opening the soup packet, “Where’s Taehyung?”

“He’s sleeping,” the younger softly replied. Yoongi only hummed in reply as he took a soup spoon and crushed the noodles to cook it faster.

The two of them stood in silence as the rain keeps going, not giving any hint of stopping. The pitter patter of the raindrops mixed with Hoseok’s light snore, filling the tense air between them.

But Jungkook finally breathed.

“I’m sorry.”

Yoongi threw him a glance, slightly perking up his eyebrows as he took out some bowls. He didn’t answer the boy’s words, only making him continue.

“I,” he took a deep breath, “I heard your conversation with Hoseok-hyung. I’m.. I’m not mad at you,”

The older hummed as he stirred the ramyeon slightly.

“I’m just—I’m just mad at myself,” Jungkook sighed, “I feel like I didn’t do much—I should’ve seen it. I should have pulled Jimin-hyung much harder,”

Yoongi still didn’t spoke a word.

“I should’ve saved him,”

He puts down the spoon and turned to Jungkook.

“But you didn’t,” he stared as the younger bit his lower lip, “And it’s not your fault. The moment they had Jimin in their hands, it was inevitable. We could have stayed a little longer, yes, but we would lost more member then. We could’ve lost Taehyung and Hoseok too if we stopped moving,”

Jungkook was silent.

“It’s none of your fault,” Yoongi patted his shoulder, “It’s none of our fault,”

He looked down, “I’m sorry for being silent,”

“It’s okay,” the older threw him a small smile, “We will get Jimin back,”

“How could you be so sure?”

Yoongi threw him his phone, turning off the fire as he took the pot to the dining table, “Wake Taehyung up when you’re finished,”

Jungkook had confusion plastered all of his face before he finally turned to the phone that is now in his hands. He unlocked it and a message application opened.

Soon as he finished reading the current chat conversation, a smile creep over his lips, “Hyung, is this true?! Is this legit?!”

The older pursed his lips, trying to suppress a smile, “We will go after midnight, let Hoseok rest for a while,”

A bright grin was stretched over Jungkook’s face as he turned his heels and ran to his room, “TAEHYUNG WAKE UP, WE’RE SAVING JIMIN-HYUNG!!”

The loud voice woke Hoseok up, him sitting up slightly, “What’s going on?”

“Nothing,” Yoongi smiled a little, “Dinner’s ready,”

Namjoon hates Big Hit more than anything.

He was different—unlike the others, he remembered everything in his life, including his life before the facility.

He had parents, a younger sister, and a true real name—Kim Namjoon, the current one he’s been telling everyone to call him. They lived in the poorer area of Ilsan, with a lot of other poor families there. Home set up in the sides of the town’s railtrack, he didn’t really a lot of friends. His neighbours are mostly adults and if they had a child they would probably be babies or toddlers. Even though it isn’t exactly the best place to grow up, Namjoon never had minded it.

But they were in debt—Namjoon’s father was a janitor in Big Hit Corporation and his wages wasn’t enough to support the four of them that he had to borrow some from the company.

He had seen his father done a lot of things to cover them—from newspaper selling to small drug dealing, Big Hit’s loan interest is getting higher as time passes.

Two months after his sixth birthday, he was taken away.

His mom was wailing, his dad begged for more time and his sister cried his name, but comfort was a luxury that they never have and Big Hit demanded their money back. They had taken him in exchange of his father’s debt and thrown into the facility.

Namjoon was born smart—and a rebel.

The moment he got control on his powers (which accomplished in only a week), he spend a whole year trying to break out of the facility. From manipulating his teachers, brainwashing a worker, and caught just as he stepped out of the building—he was soon grew suicidal.

He stopped participating in the facility programs and threatened the officials to kill himself if they keep forcing him into activities until finally one day, they added another experiment.

He never knew he was going to grow fond of them. The first time Jin stepped in the resting area, he threw him a glare and didn’t even spoke a word of greeting to him. He was too tired dealing with the facility and there’s no way he’s going to exhaust himself more by teaching a newbie about the things around them. But the blonde boy was so innocent that Namjoon finally softened at him.

It was sad, Namjoon looked at Jin with pity as the boy didn’t remember anything from his past despite being older than him. The same goes with the other boys, he knew that they must have been taken by force from their family too like him, but doesn’t know anything about it.

Maybe, if they ever got out of this mess, he’ll try to find their respective parents.

“Come on, the coast is clear!”

It’s one in the morning and the two boys tiptoed as they made they way across the lab, passing through glass walls and white racks. It was eerie quiet—too quiet for Jimin’s liking that he’s afraid something’s going to pop out of nowhere.

“Mon-hyung,” he harshly whispered, “Are you sure we’ll be fine?!”

“Jimin, I’ve been here for so long—trust me no one stays after midnight besides the guards,” the older answered, “And I can just drift them away easily,”

After some time of searching and scanning around their surroundings (Jimin was so sure they went pass the green house three times but Namjoon assured him they’re going to the right way), they finally arrived on a huge grey automatic door, a number pad was plastered on the left side.

“Okay, Jimin,” Namjoon turned to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter