Chapter 8: Where Do You Come From?

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I  h o l d  o n t o  t h e  w i t h e r e d  m e m o r i e s,  I s  i t  g r e e d?

Taehyung and Jungkook gritted their teeth nervously at the object before them.

The four of them had finally arrived Daegu in dawn and the boys was thankful that Hoseok was kind enough to fund them, paying their hotel and other necessities expenses (too kind even, he had even bought the two highschoolers a coat because apparently both of them forgot that it’s nearing September and the weather is getting chilly). Right now they were currently walking around a paticular area that Taehyung had said his orphanaged should be, but was never appeared in their sight.

“That’s,” the strawberry-blond boy gulped, “That’s a dog right?”

“Yeah,” Taehyung replied as he bit his lower lip, “That has to be a dog, cats have pointed ears!”

“But, Tae, it had pointed ears!”

“Thank you for your time, ma’am,” Hoseok smiled a little too bitter to miss as another person told him that they didn’t know the address he was searching. He sighed a little too loudly that Jimin shot an apologetic look beside him, knowing it has been the tenth attempt of searching the place.

“Maybe the place’s a little scluded, hyung,” the orange-haired boy has finally grew things out between the both of them and left the formal honorifics, “That’s why not a lot of people knows it?”

The maroon-haired doctor just sent him a small smile, “Yeah, you could be right. Where are the boys?”

Jimin pointed at the two person that was seemingly a little too tall for them to be cowering over a small Corgi who’s currently loitering around a pot of flowers, red collar plastered on it’s neck. Hoseok then cupped his hand around his mouth, “Taehyung, Jungkook, come over here!”

The boys got startled at the voice that broke through their trance, and hurriedly scurried over to the older boy, “Hyung, hyung, hyung!”

“What?”

“That,” the salmon-haired of the duo pointed on the said corgi, “It’s a dog, right?”

“Uhh, yeah?” Hoseok stared at him confusedly, “Why?”

“I-it won’t do anything to us, right?”

“Of course it wouldn’t, why would it be?”

“But I heard dogs bite!” Jungkook frowned, making Jimin and Hoseok more confused.

“Only when they need,” the orange-haired boy squinted his eyes at them, “Why do you ask like you’ve never seen a dog before?”

There was a silence engulfing them and both Taehyung and Jungkook bit their lower lip, staring at the floor like it was the most interesting object in the world. When Jimin realize the two boys aren’t replying soon, he widens his eyes.

“You two really never seen a dog before?!”

“We have!” the salmon haired boy scowled at him, “Just, only, in books...,”

“Harsh life,” Hoseok grimaced as his gaze flew to the corgi that the two highschoolers had made a fuss on, “They’re actually the best friend that man could get. Dogs are really nice,”

There was a shining glint on Jungkook’s eyes, “Really?”

“Yeah,” the maroon-haired doctor’s orbs caught something, “Hey, who’s up for some lunch?”

*******

“I don’t know how can we thank you, hyung,”

The four of them finally decided to take a break from their search and settled down in a nice western vintage-vibed restaurant. Being on the hunt for the orphanage since morning, they can’t help to drool over the food when it comes to their table.

“I already said you shouldn’t mind about it right?” Hoseok grinned at Jimin, biting a piece of sauteed potato, “You all are practically my brothers now,”

“But hyung,” the maroon-haired guy can’t help to smile at Jungkook’s innocent eyes, “How come your money’s like, infinity?”

He shrugged at the question, “Working in the medical department has it’s benefits,”

A tingling bell sound was heard in the distance, signing there was a customer coming in. Taehyung knows that he doesn’t need to turn everytime a guest has arrived, but somehow he felt a tug in his heart to just peek a little on the person that just came into the restaurant.

The first thing that came into his mind was how the blond guy sporting a black coat that fits nicely onto his body is very good-looking. His features aren’t as sharp as Taehyung’s, but he has a face that literally every girl would go crazy on and it doesn’t help that his yellow locks fits him amazingly. Even though the salmon-coral haired boy knows he’s just another guest, there’s a small knot in his stomach when the blond guy’s eyes met him, smiling sincerely to Taehyung as he took a seat on his own.

It’s strange—Taehyung felt like he know this person. Or rather, he should have known the person. There was a familiar aura that oozed out from him, like how he first saw Jimin and Hoseok. But oddly there’s something inside Taehyung that made him feel like he should stay out of the man’s business.

He felt Hoseok grabbed his hand under the table, it’s not tight but it was strong enough to make the salmon-haired boy turned to the older. The maroon-haired guy’s eyes was fixed on him, even though he looked like he wanted to glance at the new guest so much.

“Don’t,” he started, whispering softly that Jimin and Jungkook couldn’t hear (they’re actually too busy with their food), “I don’t have a good feeling about him,”

Taehyung gulped, “Could he possibly be.. one of them?”

“Maybe,” he released his hand, “He’s familiar, but my instincts says to stay away,”

The younger boy nodded as he returned his gaze back to his food, a ticklish feeling on his spine signs him that there’s a chance that the blond guest has been glancing at him. When he looks to the older boy, he found a frown on his face.

“Try to finish up soon,” he grimaced, secretly sending the supscious blond glances as well, “I really don’t have a good feeling about this,”

“Alright, good night everyone,”

Jungkook had thought it was odd for Hoseok to only order one double-sized room with an extra bed when there’s four of them, but he was much more weirded out when he saw the guy the water in the bath tub and plopped down inside, fully clothed and sleeping soundly like the bath tub was the best bed in the world to sleep on. And when he said that he sleeps better that way and has been doing it since the found of his powers, it confuses the strawberry blond more.

“I still don’t get it,” he starts as he plopped down on the bed, next to the window with Jimin on the extra bed, “Why does Hoseok-hyung needs a filled bath tub to sleep?”

“Hyung’s powers are nature based,” Taehyung surprisingly responded like he’s a through expert in it, “Being close to his element sooths him well and replenishs his energy,”

The orange-haired boy tilted his head, “But I don’t think I need something like that to feel better,”

“Jimin-hyung, you’re basically space and time—I think you’d be comfortable too if outer space had oxygen,”

“What about me?” Jungkook had a pen hovering on his hand, spinning and twirling as he practiced to control his powers, “I don’t have anything that I need to sooth myself too,”

Taehyung hummed, “You’re right, I’ve never thought about it too. Yours is a little complicated I guess,”

“That makes me wonder,” Jimin laid on his bed, “What’s Taehyung might be?”

“Hoseok-hyung’s eyes gleamed lavender and he’s nature, when Jimin-hyung’s is gold and he has space and time, while mine is silver with telekinetic,” the strawberry blond flips the pen in the air, “Your eyes are greyish blue—perhaps something with ice?”

“I don’t think so,” the said boy slipped hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter