Chapter 19: 953012

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin was embarrassed.

He had taunted Big Hit stupid when in reality it was him who was beyond stupid.

They was obviously much stronger than him. They have kept him under their watch for years, of course they had known his weaknesses. Why did he though he could win against them?

“Don’t Taeyong,” he calmly said to the boy who’s currently fumbling over his prison lock, “They’re going to punish you if they caught you,”

“But hyung,” Taeyong replied desperately, “You’re not supposed to be here—your friends—brothers—needs you!”

“They can handle their own for a while,” his wrists have gotten red from struggling out of the handcuff (which was futile) and his shirt was ripped apart, showing off his bruised chest. The prison floor is cold and stained with his own blood—it was far from nice, “Now stop before they notice you!”

“No!” the younger shook his head, “You have to get out!”

“Taeyong,”

He gulped. Even though Seokjin was stripped out far from his commander title, he still had the authority aura all over him.

“Stop it and return to your quarters,” he stared at him sharply, “This is an order,”

Taeyong slowly moved back from the lock and nodded. And he ran away.

“HOSEOK GET OFF YOU’RE CRUSHING ME!”

Jimin scanned his surroundings as soon as he stood up. The familiar island bar and the same curtains—they had truly arrived in his house. He quickly counted the rest of his brothers—six including him.

He really succeeded teleporting all of them out from the battlefield.

“Whoa, Jimin. Thank god you teleported us,” Namjoon rubbed his shoulders, “We would be dead meat if we stayed there. Didn’t know you could have teleported that many people too,”

“You shouldn’t thank me,” he whispered guiltily, “You should have thanked… Jin-hyung. He’s the one who gave me his energy that I could do this…,”

Namjoon got silent at his name. He wasn’t sure if his trust to the other has back yet. He saw it with his own eyes how Seokjin transformed into a monster that he had feared, but now when he is now the sole reason that the six of them could get away safely… He’s not sure what to feel.

“I think I broke a bone,” Yoongi grunted as he climbed over a couch, “And god my palms burns really bad,”

“Nothing I can’t fix hyung,”  Hoseok says as he lied on the carpet, “But first, I need some sleep,”

“Yeah, we all need some rest,” Jimin nodded at him, then suddenly felt his shoulder poked on. Turning his head, he saw Jungkook with a worried expression plastered on his face, “Jungkook? What’s wrong?”

“Hyung,” he whispered, “Taehyung-hyung is acting strange,”

He whipped his head to the younger boy, who’s currently sitting in the corner, knees closed to the chest. His face was buried under his arm and there was no sound coming from him.

Jimin gasped softly, “Could it be…?”

“Taehyung,” Namjoon who overheard the conversation walked up to the said boy, “Are you okay?”

There wasn’t any reply from the boy that Namjoon moved closer and touched his shoulder, only to have his hand slapped away.

“Don’t touch me!”

Everyone was shocked at his reaction. Namjoon rubbed his slapped hand slightly, but he didn’t stop, “Taehyung…?”

“Hyung,” his voice was soft—but it’s full of sorrow, “Is this what you meant back then?”

The other tilted his head in confusion, “W-what do you mean?”

“You said that it’s best if I don’t get my powers back,” he started to look up, eyes glassy with tears, “That it’s not good to have my memories back. Is it because you know it?!”

“Taehyung, I don’t understand what you’re trying to say…,”

“Don’t play dumb with me!” Taehyung shouted, standing up in the progress as his tears was slowly falling to his cheeks, “You—All of you had know—that’s why none of you forced me to have my powers back—,”

Hoseok bit his lower lip. Through time, his memory has gained little by little and now he had fully, only some small details from his child times that he didn’t remember—but he does remember that day.

The day that changed everything.

Yoongi down casted, not wanting to be part of the conversation while Jimin and Namjoon widens his eyes. Jungkook gritted his teeth—this was thing that they feared from Taehyung’s memories.

“Now tell me hyung,” his voice croaked, “Tell me the truth!”

Namjoon only looked away.

“I’m a killer aren’t I, hyung?!” Taehyung’s voice echoed through the house, “Answer me, hyung!”

“You know V, you’re really special,” the older man said to him, “We never succeeded in making something… like you,”

He stared at him innocently as the dummy in front of him was burned to ashes, “What do you mean?”

“Your powers, they’re not just for fighting,” he continued, “You could be more with them. You can even escape from this place with them, V,”

He furrowed his eyebrows and pouted, “You’re saying strange things, Sihyuk-ahjussi,”

The man only smiled to him as he ruffled his hair, “One day when you’re older, you’ll understand V. Now let’s continue our practice, shall we?”

Taehyung puffed his cheeks as he proceeded to pout more, “But I’m tired already!”

“Just one more dummy, and you can hunt for pebbles after this! I even cleared Jin’s schedule to accompany you!”

“Really?! Okay then, where’s the dummy?”

*******

He stared at the empty water tank.

The glass was cold to his touch and the deep blue color of the waters made him feel lonely. Just yesterday, Hoseok was bought by someone and only him, Jimin and Namjoon was left. Jin and Yoongi was quick to be gone because both of them were offense and offense is a favorite between players. It’s still bizarre to him, knowing the fact that the training that were given to them actually has a real purpose.

They’re a weapon.

“You know, I thought V was going to be the first to be bought,” he heard a voice passing by, “I mean, Sejin-nim’s presentation on him was pretty mouth-watering,”

“Me too,” he hates on how they talked about him easily like he was an object, “But I heard the real reason that he hasn’t been bought yet is because there’s too much players who wanted him,”

“Are you for real?! V’s price isn’t cheap,”

“Exactly. They created a bid for him. The one who’s giving the highest is going to get him,”

“I bet the riches like Lee Jieun and Seo Kangjun will get him,” Taehyung bit his lower lip as his heart pains from the conversation, “But what makes him so special though? You worked in the archives right? Tell me, what makes him so expensive?”

“Didn’t you know? Bang Sihyuk really went all out on him! His main is electricity but his sub-powers are what made him huge—he has magnetism manipulation and technopathy. He’s not designed to be a pawn, he’s more of a war machine,”

“I still don’t understand. So he can stick to metals?”

“He can practically use electromagnetism to control metals and such—and his technopath made him able to control any kind of technology,”

“He could even hack?”

“Even hack,”

“No wonder—he could be used in other things. That’s why he’s so expensive,”

Taehyung ran away from the place—he couldn’t stand hearing more of the conversation. He wants to believe that he’s something much more than just a weapon—than just a pawn. But hearing something like that, it made his hope falter. He’s not an object. He’s human.

Right?

“You must be V,” his dimples were showing as he smiled to him. Taehyung thought they were charming, “Come on in! We’re already expecting you,”

“Thank you, Hongbin-ssi,” he smiled back to him and bowed. The place wasn’t the best base in the world or anything, but it’s pretty clean and comfortable for him. It doesn’t have a threatening vibe nor the atmosphere feels stuffy, rather it felt welcoming.

“Baekhyun-hyung! Lay-hyung! He’s here!” Hongbin shouted to the halls, as they immediately entered the common room right after the front door, “Sorry, we just had a practice this morning, so they were kind of exhausted and currently taking a break…,”

“No, no, it’s okay!” Taehyung waved his hands, “It’s alright, you don’t have to call them. I’d rather want them to rest than meeting me—,”

“Hongbin, he’s not gonna come in another thirty minutes what do you mean he’s here—oh!” a boy that looks strikingly similar to him approached, “You’re here early! V right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter