Chapter 10: 970109

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was still amazed on how the size of the hideout engulfed him.

Just beside the skatepark, a small rectangular building that looked like nothing more than a power-generator place was placed. It doesn’t seem much from outside but it actually leads to a large hidden underground basement, where all the gang business works. The interior almost looked like it came from a spy film, the investigation room right beside the hideout’s entrance with Yoongi’s work room in the same wall.

The place goes lower than a normal basement could be. There are stairs heading downstairs to where the pratice area placed and a hall in the same floor leading to the lounge room and dining room, everything colored with mahogany brown and golden linings with a hint of burgundy. From the dining room, there’s another hall branching to where the rest of the gang member’s area and rooming and another one heading for Yoongi’s private house.

Sometimes he got lost around the base—the four of them are staying in a really huge room that looked like it was much more of a two-room apartement studio rather than a normal guest room placed beside the gang leader’s home. Despite the place being a gang hideout, he found out it’s pretty homey.

“Lift your punch a little higher, Taehyung,” he could hear voices from the pratice area, “You can’t hit someone if it’s that low!”

The strawberry-blond just walked out of the hall and his eyes was met with a certain salmon-haired boy fighting the person before him (what was his name? Hyungwon?), Jimin and Hoseok sitting on the bench beside the walls watching them. He didn’t see the mint-haired gang leader there, so he figured he must be busy.

“Hey, Jungkook!” the orange-haired boy greeted him, waving his hand, “Come here with us!”

Nodding, the younger walked over to them, squeezing between the older boy and the maroon-haired guy, “What’s Taehyung doing?”

“Learning some martial arts and stuff,” Hoseok shrugged, giving him a bottle of ice tea, “He says he need to be able to defend himself because he’s the only one without powers right now,”

“”It’s good idea, actually, I’m doing it too,” Jimin chimed beside him, “My powers are more in a defense side,”

“True,” Jungkook mumbled as he watched Taehyung high kicking Hyungwon’s focus mitts. That time he realized that it might be true that they were fighters—he never saw his highschool friend could give a kick that strong, not even in physical education classes.

It goes for a little more than ten minutes until Hyungwon decided the salmon-haired boy got enough, him already drenched in sweat as Jimin took off his jacket, revealing a black wifebeater underneath it. The orange-haired boy went over to replace Taehyung, and the said boy slumped beside the strawberry-blond.

“Hey,” he greeted as he panted, breath erratic from the practice, “I thought you’d never wake up,”

A nudged was earned from Jungkook, “I’m not that lazy!”

“Yeah, right,” he could see Taehyung roll his eyes, “Did you got breakfast? Kihyun made french toasts and damn it was good,”

“I did,” he throw him a grin, “In fact, I ate all the leftovers!”

“You did?” the maroon-haired guy beside him frowned, “I was saving some for myself after this..,”

“Sorry, hyung,” Jungkook shrugged, rubbing his nape, “I didn’t know you wanted it too,”

“Hey, it’s alright,” it seems that Hyungwon had heard them talking. He smiled to them as he waited Jimin to put bandages over his knuckles, “Kihyun really likes cooking, he’ll be ecstatic if you asked him to make them more,”

“Ah, that’s great then,” Hoseok chirped, mood back from the thought of the toast. He turned to Jungkook, “Are you going to join sparing too?”

The strawberry-blond hummed. He actually went out of the room with a purpose in his mind, “No, sorry, hyung. I need to do something today,”

“Oh,” the older tilted his head, puzzled about what does the younger has to do, “Alright then, see you later?”

“Yeah,” Jungkook grinned to him, then walked up to Hyungwon, “Hyung, do you know where Yoongi-hyung is?”

“Hyungnim?” the older guy furrowed his brows as he tried to remember, “He has a meeting with the dealers this morning, but I think he’s done with it. You should try finding him in his work room,”

The younger nodded, “Okay, thank you hyung,”

He smiled at him, “Ask Kihyun about the toast before you forget! I kind of want some too,”

The boys smiled back, “No problem!”

*******

“Come in,”

Yoongi was exhausted—he didn’t sleep last night because there’s apparently some problems with the weaponry branch, s saying that the production stopped because shortage of resources and the mint-haired boy was so sure that he called his affiliating factories for a restock just last week. His gang has been selling both handmade and manufactured guns, also accepting for custom weapons. It has been going for years since his dad was still the leader and as he remembers this is probably the first time it was getting in too much trouble.

He was so tired of seeing numbers and papers, reminding him that the drug dealers had proposed to him for more stocks this morning. Increase in standard stocks meaning the presentage of the threat of being caught by the goverment will rise, and he’s too young and too early in the business to get caught by the officials. Even though his gang was one of the most feared gangs in South Korea that even the goverment turned a blind eye towards them, he knows that it would still get them in danger.

The mint-haired boy was pretty surprised to see a flock of strawberry-blond hair entering his room, “Oh, Jungkook? What’s up?”

“Hi, hyung,” the boy softly reply, “Nothing much, actually,”

“I heard Taehyung was learning martial arts with Hyungwon,” the older perked up one of his eyebrows as Jungkook sits in front of him, “You’re not joining?”

The boy shrugged, “Not feeling like it,”

Yoongi tilted his head, “So why come here instead?”

Jungkook stayed silent for a while, head down as he purses his lips while thinking about his decision. The strawberry-blond wasn’t sure about what he’s going to do, but there’s a heavy tug in his heart that he needs it, “I wanted help,”

His answer only causes furrowing of the older’s brows, “Help?”

“I wanted my memories back, hyung,” the younger breathed, “I need your help to break the barrier,”

“You know that you don’t need to rush it, right?” Yoongi frowned, “It will soon come to you as time passes by,”

“I have feeling that it wouldn’t go that easy,” Jungkook fidgeted in his seat, “My powers are really easy to get out of control, hyung. I accidentally flew Jimin-hyung from his bed lastnight! And I feel like there’s... more than just this whole floating things around for me,”

The older shook his head, “You can stabilize your powers easily as you practice, Jungkook. You don’t need all of your memories to get a hold of them,”

It causes a frown in the younger’s face. His eyes gloomed a little, “But I envy Taehyung,”

“Huh?”

“Even though he doesn’t know his powers and he didn’t got it yet, Tae seems like he already got a grip of everything happened and Hoseok-hyung remembers the most of his memories, he already found the comfort in his powers too. Jimin-hyung knows something like this would happen one day because he had been stalked by those.. mens since when god knows—,” Jungkook gulps between his rants, “I feel—I feel left behind, hyung. One day I got angry and my powers bursted—that’s all I know,”

Yoongi stayed silent. Deep inside he knows what answer would made the younger at ease, but he also knows that answer comes with a heavy price.

“I feel empty.”

The mint-haired gang leader sighed a little too loudly, not noticing that he had been holding his breath since Jungkook voiced out his true feelings. He pitied the boy for being so lost with only his powers being the proof that he’s truly part of this madness, but in the same time he doesn’t want him to suffer.

“If he really wanted it, then let’s do it, hyung,”

“Shut up, Namjoon, stop peeping into my mind,” he growled softly, “And no, I’m not going to risk it. You said it yourself too it’s that dangerous,”

The conversation got caught into the strawberry-blond’s ears, “What did Namjoon-ssi says?”

He quickly shook his head, “No, nothing,”

“Hyung,”

“Tell him, hyung,” the deep voice echoed in his mind, “Only him who can decide if it’s a good idea or not,”

“Tch,” Yoongi clicked his tounge, turning to the boy, “Jungkook, do you really wanted it?”

The younger boy nodded furiously, “Yes!”

He closed his eyes as he sighed once more, standing up only to sit back again beside Jungkook’s chair, “Listen here, Namjoon could try to pry in and break your barriers, but remember—he could doesn’t mean it will work. When it does work, you’ll get your memories with a series of headache—,”

Jungkook gulped as he waited the older to continue his words.

“—if it doesn’t, you’ll die,” the shorter pierced through his eyes, “Now I ask you again—do you really want it, Jungkook?”

True, he’s intergued on the pain. He remembers Taehyung’s muffled scream as Jimin took out the bullet on his shoulder, and he knows it must have hurt as hell. If a small iron could do something like that, he doesn’t want to k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter