Chapter 3: Dark

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D o n ’t  g e t  t o o  f a r  a w a y,  t o m o r r o w

Taehyung was devastated.

They had finally arrived in Busan with train, not minding that people had been staring at them because their flashing hair color and their already shabby appearance. He honestly doesn’t really care anymore even though he knows that their surroundings had been eyeing them strangely because what does a pair of highschooler wandering around in the middle of the night, the most important right now is that they find Jungkook’s old orphanage.

And the gods must not be on their sides right now, because when they arrived (Jungkook surprisingly still remembers his way to the place) the building was closed and there was no sign of the orphanage’s existence, like it had never been there before.

“We could ask again at the morning,” he says to the strawberry-blond boy, “If we don’t have anymore answers to we can just go to mine at Daegu,”

“Yeah, but we need somewhere to stay right now,” Jungkook sighed, “And our funds aren’t exactly in their best situation right now,”

The salmon-coral haired boy slumped down on the walls behind him, “You’re right,”

“Should we find a park to sleep in?”

“Maybe,” Taehyung frowned, “Or should we search for an abadoned house.. or something,”

“Yeah, let’s do that,” Jungkook tried to smile at him, “at least, it’s much better than just standing around here doing nothing,”

Park Jimin could say confidently that he was ordinary.

His foster family wasn’t that wealthy but they had just enough to fund him and his education, with him being in his second semester of college, majoring in law. He doesn’t think that he has striking features even though his friends had been saying that he’s cute enough to be an idol agency trainee, except for his flashing orange hair that he thought it was his natural hair because no matter how much he cuts it the same color grows.

He doesn’t have a lot hobbies either—only sometimes performing with his guitar in the streets. If he’s lucky there will be times that he’ll be paid to sing in bars and cafes, earning some more cash to help his own life. He had a thought to send his parents some, but the moment he asked their bank accounts they immediately know what Jimin’s going to do and refused instantly.

If anything Jimin is pretty proud with himself. He’s doing good in college and there are some people that does appreciate his voice that he had earned a little more than enough from the freelancing to rent him self a small house located close to his college building, even though it’s located on the more poor side of the town.

The only secret he has that he isn’t too fond of is probably how he had these special abilities that differs him from most normal college guys—he somehow have the full power of his surroundings of time and space. Not to mention that he strangely can teleport everywhere that he wants—well, only to places that he had been to before—it was very convenient to him that he doesn’t really need to wake up so early for morning classes anymore because he could just put on a decent shirt and pop right in the class without no one noticing.

And the most thing that had annoyed him these days is how he noticed that there are some strange man in black suits that likes to linger around his area. He was sure they weren’t coming for him because he  always pays his rent on time, and he had never done bad things like vandalism around the area. He tried to shrug them off a lot of time, but sometimes it just ticks him off. There’s also this thing that they might be there because of his hidden abilities, but he was so secretive about it he was sure no one besides himself knows.

It was pretty relieving for him that this day none of them was in their sight. He had just got home from an offer of singing in a nearby bar, and it was already eleven in the night. The day was pretty satisfying for him but his good mood immediately got changed when he saw there was someone—two persons lounging on his porch.

He stared at them as the two boys—one coral haired and one blond—sleeping soundly on his house’s porch, leaning against the railings of the stairs.

To his eyes, the two of them doesn’t seem like they’re older than seventeen. They had the same colored pants on and white dress shirt that he guessed that it must be their uniforms. It irks him that the two boys might be one of those highschoolers that likes to vandalize the area.

But the boys in front of him looked so tired that Jimin can help to feel a some kind of compassion feeling to them. With backpacks still on their hold, the orange-haired boy thought the two of them must had ran away from somewhere.

Jimin regreted on how his heart was easy to give pity on his surroundings. He had found himself patting one of the boy’s shoulder to wake them up, and thinking about offering them to get in the house. One night wouldn’t be much of a trouble, right?

“Hey,” he says as he tried to wake up the blond haired one, “Hello? Can you hear me?”

“Ugh, what is it Tae—,” the boy’s eyes slowly fluttered open, but as soon as Jimin came into his sight, he jolted up, “Aah! I’m sorry!”

“Jungkook, why are you being so loud—,” the coral haired boy rubbed his eyes as he got waken up from Jungkook’s voice, but immediately showed the same reaction as the boy when he saw the orange-haired boy, “AH WE’RE SORRY!”

“Shh, stop shouting! It’s in the middle of the night!” Jimin scolded them, “What are you boys doing here?”

“Uh..,” Jungkook rubbed his neck, “We kind of need a place to stay and we thought this house was abandoned so..,”

The orange-haired boy sighed at them, his house does look abadoned from far, “Well now you know it isn’t,”

“We’re sorry,” Taehyung frowned as he stood up, “We’ll get out of your way—,”

“Wait,” the older boy stopped him from going away, “You said you need a place to stay right? Why don’t you two come inside for a while?”

Jungkook’s eyes immediately brighten up, “R-really? That’s okay with you?”

“Why not,” he shrugged, “Besides, it’s close to midnight, you guys looked really tired, and I bet both of you are underaged. There’s not a lot of good people around here and I don’t thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter