Chapter 1: Outburst.

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ' m  t a l k i n g  t o  m y s e l f  a g a i n, t a l k i n g  t o  m y s e l f  a g a i n

“V, can you hear me?”

He scrunches his face as he keeps his eyes closed. ‘Who is this?’

“V, please, help us,”

‘Who are you?’

“I’m—,”

“YAH KIM TAEHYUNG WAKE UP!”

He immidiately opened his eyes as he jolted up out of his bed when he heard the scream. He was having nightmares again as usual, with the same scene of him—he thought it was him—standing over a balcony then switching quickly into a situation of him drowning in a seemingly deep sea, a voice calling him with the name V. It has been going since he entered high-school and he never knew why did he have those dreams.

“What the , Jungkook,” he scowled as he raked his fingers through his salmon-coral colored hair, “Do you have to wake me up like that?”

“Well if I don’t we’ll miss breakfast, sleeping beauty,” his roomate, Jeon Jungkook, scoffed as he stood in front of Taehyung’s room mirror trying to tidy up his strawberry-blond hair, “It’s already seven!”

“You’re lying,” Taehyung  swiftly took his phone from the nightstand beside his bed, the numbers 7:15 flashed in front of me, “Why didn’t you wake me up sooner?!”

“I tried Taehyung, but you keep mumbling things and kicked me out of your room!” Jungkook scowled at him back as he dusted off his blazer, “Just get up and change now! If we’re lucky Yongguk and his gang wouldn’t get to see us!”

“Two minutes, now get out of my room!”

Kim Taehyung, seventeen, is just your normal everyday highschool boy. Even though strangely born with salmon-coral colored hair and a pair of greyish-blue eyes, he never really thought anything special about himself. True, he might be a little too tall for boys his age, but Jungkook’s height is a little taller than his ear so it’s not really a flashing difference.

As soon as Taehyung finished changing (with hair being combed by Jungkook) they half-walked half-run to the cafeteria in hope of the bell wouldn’t ring before they get something to eat. The boarding school they’re attending was pretty strict—everybody only gets breakfast in the respective cafeteria and class starts on eight sharply in the morning. Late to class means getting detention points and the higher the detention points you get, the higher chance you get expelled from the school.

Of course, Taehyung and Jungkook wouldn’t want that. The two roommates had been together since no one only god knows in the school because of their similar backgrounds—not knowing who their real parents are and their naturally odd hair color. Both of the boys had been admitted to the school by their orphanages and the two of them just seem to be getting a lot of trouble because their obsecure hair.

“,” Jungkook cursed under his breath, “Yongguk and his goons are already here,”

Taehyung grits his teeth as he can see from the corner of his eyes the said person had been eyeing him and Jungkook from a far, snickering and laughing about probably what they’re going to do to them. But before the gang could approach them, a voice called over.

“Jungkook, Taehyung! Over here!”

A girl was waving her hand from the outdoor side of the cafeteria, sporting a brown hair tied into low pigtails. There was another girl beside her sitting on a small table that looked like they had taken over with some food boxes in her hands, also having the same brown hair but she let them down loosely.

The two roommates quickly made their way to them, sitting almost abruptly and sighing in relief, “Thanks, Yerin. This guy is so hard to wake up,”

“I know,” Taehyung scowled when the girl agrees with Jungkook, “His nightmares, right?”

“You still had them, Tae?” the other girl who was beside Yerin asked as she gives him his foodbox.

“Yeah, and it’s getting frustrating,” the boy scowled as he opened his box, “There’s this voice that keep calling me V and my name doesn’t even have a V in it!”

“Are you sure it’s not because you always drink those strange sodas at night?”

“It’s milkis, Yuju, and no! Why would drinking those things can get me dreams like that?”

“You guys, if you have time to argue don’t you think it’s much better to spend it on eating? We’re having Ms. Park’s class today!”

“She’s right,” Jungkook says as he already downed half of his meal, “Our class is in the fourth floor—she’s going to kill us if we’re late!”

“Sheesh, okay, I’m on it,”

Deep inside his mind, Taehyung was still intergued by his dreams.

Taehyung had physics for his fourth-period and it’s mentally killing him.

He never liked the subject since he started highschool. For him it was too unimaginable and his mind just can’t grasp the whole concept. It’s even more tiring when it comes to the electricity topic—it’s the most topic that made him dizzy with all those numbers and equations, and had grown to dislike them a lot. And the fact that each period goes for a two-hour straight doesn’t makes it much better.

The back of his notebook was full of doodles. Jungkook always sleeps in physics (it was a wonder how did he didn’t get caught) and the brunette duo Yerin and Yuju was too much of a straight-A student to bother around with, so he ended up drawing nonsense on the very back of the book. Sometimes he does take notes of the class, but this day was just not that day.

“...And the electricity goes from positive to negative..,”

Suddenly in a blink of eye, Taehyung found himself in another room—white with a turqouis tint colored the walls. He wasn’t on his class table anymore, he was currently sitting on a bed, seemingly hugging a pillow as there was a blonde haired boy in front of him.

“Why do hate your element?”

Taehyung tilted his head at his question, ‘element? What element?’

“V? Are you listening to me?”

And there it goes again, people calling him with the V nickname. It was getting too strange for him. What is actually happening?

As he didn’t answer the boy, his voice gradually gets fain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter