Chapter 9: Breaker

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W h o e v e r 's  i n  t h e  r i n g, w e' l l  w i n 

“Yes, sir, I’m very sorry,” he exhaled loudly, “We have once again lost them,”

“Don’t take too long,” a grunt was heard from the other side of the phone, “We don’t have much time—the resurrection has to commence before the goverment could find out,”

“I know sir,” the car started, turning on his GPS as he tried to search for them, “I will not disappoint you,”

“I expect a good report in two days,”

He bit his lower lip as his usual headache came over, “Yes sir,”

The line was quickly disconnected and he sighed, running his hand through his blond hair. Sometimes he wondered if he was doing the right thing, with obeying the CEO’s orders and exhausting himself just to catch some boys with classified powers in order to relish the history back—the history that he had never known what it is about.

He remembered how one of the experiments looked at him—label 941209, staring at him like he was supposed to be his saviour angel. He never knew the boy and honestly he doesn’t really have clear understanding on his situation other than him being part of the corporation’s soldier. The look in his eyes was too interguing and when he truthfully said that he didn’t know him—the boy looked like he had just witnessed a murder.

Suddenly the lights in his car flickered on, flashing even though he didn’t turned it on. He gritted his teeth and snapped his finger furiously, the lamp abruptly turned off.

“Stop,” he whispered into nothingness, shadows began to loom over him, “No more light.”

He was sure that no one knows how lonliness feel better than him.

When he was awaken in the middle of a clinic saying that people had found him in the shores Busan, he knows he shouldn’t be there and he was beyond confused to see himself in a place that wasn’t the arena grounds or neither Zhoumi’s base. When people around him began asking where did he come from, he ran away immediately until he was found by a gang leader and his wife in Daegu.

Min Yoongi is the name he has gained from the couple who can’t have an offspring for years and decided to adopt him, making him straight up the royal child who’s next in line for the head spot. He never forgets his real name but he remembered the current world that he is currently living in doesn’t know the harsh truth, that he decided to keep his name low.

It hurts that his memories was still intact as if nothing has happened to it from the start—he remembered how glad he was knowing he could still emitt fire from his hands, relieving him that the images in his mind wasn’t just a bunch of hallucinations and the whole fiasco that happened wasn’t just a myth.

It doesn’t help when Namjoon reached to his mind. He had always thought he’s the only one who had survived and he can’t even express how grateful he was to feel the boy invade his mind. He was assured by him that the others are still alive and currently living as a normal person (ha, he even wanted to laugh at the word), and finally participated actively in the gang in order to find them.

Truthfully Yoongi can’t say if he liked being in charge or not—he liked the adrenaline rush when he’s doing deals or tasks, similar how he used to feel when he defeated his opponents, but he can’t say that he liked being feared—too feared by the people surrounding him. It just added up to his lonliness with Namjoon being so far from him to reach and the only communication avalaible is the boy’s telephatic ability.

He was really wasn’t in the mood to be dealing with the gang that day, with Namjoon’s mind going all over the place from the occurence that has just happened to him and Yoongi spent all night assuring him that he’ll return back to them. In exchange of calming the boy, he had a sleepless night and the most dangerous thing could happen to the gang is a grumpy mint-haired leader.

“So you’re saying,” he tried so hard not to frown at the four boys sitting on the dining room in front of him (he could feel fear oozing out of Jimin who was sitting next to him), “that none of you knows what’s happening to you guys?”

Being relieved and had almost believed that god is real, the four boys that he had been searching for so long had appeared in front of him, and he abruptly let them in (not without complains from the other members, of course). Currently they were sitting in the dining room without any other of the gang members inside.

“I remember that my name is V, if that helps,” Taehyung pouted slightly, already melting off his nervousness around Yoongi, “Hoseok-hyung also remembers his name,”

“Hoseok?” the mint-haired guy tilted his head, and the boy pointed to the said person, “Ah, J-hope,”

“Yes,” the maroon-haired doctor smiled awkwardly, “J-hope,”

Yoongi sighed a little loudly, “, Namjoon, what are we supposed to do if their memories aren’t even back?”

“I tried triggering them hyung,” he could hear his voice echoed at the back of his mind, “I wanted to project it right to them, but it’ll explode their heads,”

“Excuse me,” Jungkook squeaked, “But can you tell us who’s Namjoon is? You’ve been talking to him since we got here and I don’t really see any other people beside us... It’s kind of unnerving,”

The shorter guy clicked his tounge, “Project your thoughts wider, Namjoon,”

“Okay. Hi everyone,”

Taehyung turned his head quickly, “That voice—! The voice in my dreams!”

“What?” Jimin stared at him confusedly, “What voice?”

“You didn’t hear?” Hoseok looked at him as he had grown another head, but the strawberry blond beside him frowned, “I didn’t heard it too,”

“Sorry, I can’t get pass Jungkook and Jimin’s barrier. Say Hi to them for me, hyung,”

“Ugh,” Yoongi groaned, “Why haven’t you break it? Jimin, Jungkook, Namjoon says hi,”

“It’s too close to their frontal lobe—I don’t want to risk it,”

The salmon-haired boy turned to him, “What barrier is he talking about?”

“Your friends here,” the gang leader gestured to Jimin and Jungkook, “are in the same cluster of physics with Namjoon, thus making him difficult to break the barrier that keeps your memories intact,”

Hoseok slumped in his chair, “Is that the cause that we still haven’t remembered anything?”

Yoongi nodded and sighed again, “This is going to be hard. Namjoon’s so far away too,”

“How do we retrieve our memories?” the strawberry blond asked, “After all, we drove so far to find answers..,”

The guy exhaled loudly, running his fingers through his mint locks, “I can’t really help you—the barrier ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter