Chapter 2: Run

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you playing with, V?”

“It’s a spin! A friend of mine gave it to me at school! Cool, right, hyung?”

“Yeah it’s really cool!”

“Boys, hurry up and get lunch! Practice session is going to start soon!”

“Okay, hyung!”

The dreams are getting vivid for Taehyung.

Today he had dreamt something much different. It still had the same people—or so he thought—with his previous ones, and this time it has new faces appearing too. The conversations are getting clearer and one thing that haven’t changed is how those people in his dreams kept calling him V. It’s a little scary remembering on how Jungkook only responded when he says that name too, and it confuses the hell out of him.

“Tae,” the strawberry-blond beside him gulps, “What do you think is going to happen to me now?”

“I don’t really know,” he softly answers as he walked beside Jungkook on their way to the principal’s room, “Let’s just hope for the best,”

As they finally arrived in the room, the man sitting on the desk with some of Yongguk’s gang members in front of him sighes at the sight of the two roommates, “Mr. Jeon and Mr. Kim. Have a seat,”

The duo did what they were told too, with Jungkook biting his lower lip nervously.

“So, I got a report saying that you—Mr.Jeon, has engaged in a fight that seriously injured Mr. Bang and Mr. Jung, and also turning class 2-1 into a wreckage,” he glared at the strawberry-blond boy, “Care to explain about this?”

“I..,”

“We were just defending ourself,” Taehyung softly answers, “Yongguk beated up Jungkook first, we were just trying to protect ourselves,”

The man stayed silent before he rummaged his desk shelf, shoving a piece of paper to the two, “This is a report on Mr. Jung’s injury and also Mr. Bang’s. It said that Mr. Jung had experienced a blow to the head, seemingly with a big blunt object. Mr. Bang had the back of his head crack a little and here the rest of the boys had been saying you have been excerting unnatural powers around them, saying that you make things flew without touching it. I understand that Mr. Bang is a little of a bully through years, but what exactly did you do to make such things happen?”

Jungkook didn’t answer the man’s question, downcasting his head instead in fear and shame. Taehyung on the other hand wasn’t really that different, because he doesn’t truly know what actually had happened with Jungkook back then too.

“Are you not going to answer my question?” the man hollered, “What did you do that these boys had to say some nonsense like that?”

“Sir, with all due respect, it wasn’t just some nonsense,” one of Yongguk’s gang member, Himchan, voiced out his thought, “Me myself and my friends had experienced the occurence personally, and we assure you that we aren’t lying,”

“Mr. Kim, as the reports says you were there with them when the fight happened. Were they saying the right thing or not?”

Taehyung nervously glanced to Jungkook, trying to get an answer from the boy. But instead he only looked back sadly while trying to smile a little, as if saying that he should just spill the truth because Jungkook secretly wanted to know that if he had actually really done something like that.

The salmon-coral haired boy took a deep breath, “Yes, they were saying the truth,”

Closing his eyes tightly, Jungkook softly sighes. If even Taehyung said something like that, then it must have been true that he probably really did commited some supernatural things.

The principal sighes as his forehead scrunches in annoyance, “I still could not believe what I’ve heard, but I  will still take an account for this occurence—there are victims so it is still counted as a violence attempt between students no matter how he did it,”

The taller of the duo swore he could see Himchan smiling slightly, but quickly falter it so the principal wouldn’t see it.

“Jeon Jungkook, you will be sentenced of a month of detention and a two weeks of social working. The rest of you will get two weeks of detention because of participation. You are all dismissed,”

The crowd dispers as the principal’s decision was made, Jungkook sighing while he walked out of the room. Taehyung patted his shoulder in assurance but even though after what everything had happened, the gang didn’t stop bothering them.

“ to be you, blond freak,” Himschan snickered as he passed Jungkook, bumping his shoulder slightly. The stawberry-blond boy just rolled his eyes at the boy.

“It’s okay, Jungkook,” Taehyung smiled at him, “Just ignore them. At least you didn’t get kicked out,”

“I know,” he sighed for the nth time, “But did I really do that, Tae? All those.. exorcist ?”

The salmon-coral haired boy reluctantly nodded as they walked back to the dorm, not having any classes because of the detention. Jungkook groaned as he plopped down on the couch in the small living room that seperates their own bedrooms, “What do you that made me do that?”

“You were kind of angry and outraged and all temper-y at Yongguk,” Taehyung shrugged as he opened the fridge, taking out two milk cartons for both of them, “Maybe you do have somekind of hidden powers,”

Jungkook turned to the boy as he took his own portion of milk, “How did it stop then? You do know I don’t really remember what was I doing,”

The taller of the two stared at him as he contemplates about spilling the truth or not. He had a thought that Jungkook’s outbursts of energy and the voices and the dreams that surrounds him is somehow connected, but then shouldn’t he had some power things too like him?

“You..,” Taehyung his lower lip in nervousness, “You snapped when I said my name?”

“Huh?” the other boy tilted his head on him, “Your name? Taehyung?”

“No! That nickname that I’ve told you that the people in my dreams call me,” he frowned as he slumped down beside Jungkook, “V.”

The strawberry-blond boy looked at him in disbelief, “What makes you think that it’ll work?”

“That’s the thing.. It’s not me,” Taehyung sighes, “It’s the voice. It said you’ll destroy the building if I didn’t do it,”

Silence got over them quickly as both of the boys were confused about what happened. They had believe they were normal for all their lives except for their obnoxiously colored hair (and Taehyung’s distinctive eyes) then suddenly they were slammed with Jungkook’s hidden power and the other boy’s strange dreams.

“Wait, Tae,” Jungkook suddenly shot up from his seat, “You said that you snapped me back to reality with saying your nickname right?”

“Uh, yeah?”

“That means.. Your dreams—my powers,” the boy frowned deeper than usual, “It’s all connected isn’t it? What if we’re the same, like—maybe you’re supposed to be like me?”

“I did think of that.. but I’m not sure—it could be coincidence,”

“Taehyung listen,” Jungkook’s face suddenly get horrified, “Honestly I never remembered my childhood—I don’t even know if Jeon is my family name. The oldest memory that I have in my mind was entering the school.”

“What—what are you trying to say, kook?”

“I’m saying what if... I’m not who I think I am,” the boy grits his teeth, “Don’t you wonder why our hair and your eyes are so unnatural compared to other Korean boys?”

“You’re right,” Taehyung whispered softly, “What have we just got into?”

Suddenly their dorm room bell rings and it jolted Jungkook a lot, him being in a very serious mood.

“Who..?”

“It’s Yerin and Yuju,” the salmon-coral haired boy moved to the door, “I kind of told them what happened... and now they’re brought us dinner,”

“Hi,” Yerin’s head shot up from the door, “We have kimbaps!”

“Wait, aren’t girls banned from the boys dorms?” Jungkook perked up one of his eyebrows as he took t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter