Interlude II: It's Cold

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“…and even though Big Hit had numerous remarkable projects, our new one will astonish every one of you here. As you can see, Bangtan Sonyeondan Project has 7 boys who have developed the most innovative and updated powers compared to other project. We aim to be the best of the others with this project,”

The air was filled with camera clicks and flashes. It didn’t stop the voice to continue his presentation.

“From left to right, I present you, the members of Bangtan Sonyeondan Project,”

Taehyung bit his lower lip as he kept his gaze down. The sounds of clicks and flashes grew louder as his brothers’ photos was plastered on the auditorium’s projector. He slumped down the door as he can’t even gather his courage to peek inside, still trying to deny the harsh reality he had greeted.

“The leader, Rap Monster or we call Monster is one of our longest experiment—he is equipped with telepathy and mind control, and also full capability of controlling one’s emotion—,”

He tried covering his ears. It disgusted him on how they talked about his brothers freely as if they’re mere objects—not more than weapons. They forgot sometimes that they have life—that they also have feelings just like normal human beings.

“….Jin’s powers are one of our newest innovation…,”

But of course, the world he lives is isn’t that nice.

“And finally, our last member, V,”

He shudders as he heard his name.

“One of our best creation since our first project—we have made V to be capable of a lot of things ranging from fighting circumstances to high intellectual ability, making him highly beneficial not only in arena grounds but also in military and intelligent fields—,”

He shuts both of his eyes tightly, as small tears started to form. There they go again, treating him like some sort of rare trophy; praising him inhumanely and talked as if his values are only within his powers—his powers that he never had chosen to have. He hated it when he remembers what he’s capable of and it’s somehow degrades his brothers, like he was so superior beyond the others when actually he’s no more than just a young boy forced to become the company’s golden weapon.

Taehyung knows they’re currently showing them a video demonstration of his powers. He recognized that one of his supervisors had been recording him in one of his practice sessions and the amount of flashing sounds that his video gets made his stomach lurch—they truly never seen any of them as human beings.

“Sir, how much are you going to put for them—,”

“Are you letting all of them go or—,”

“How much time did you put to create—,”

He didn’t force back his tears anymore. If his heart was already broken from all of this, how will his brothers will? Maybe Rapmon had seen this coming, but what about the others? Jimin has been saying that he trusted the company and Jungkook even though he hated practice sessions he had grown to believe that they’re like this because they are meant to save someone...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter