Work Day.

Dangerous You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

18. Dangerous You.

 

 

Hayi pats her pants and shoulder, for the nth time. She's excited but nervous in the same time. She sees this as a new challenge and chance. Chance for her to improve and show them that she's still on top. After fixing her hair, she picks up Circus by Britney Spears and spray it near her neck and inner wrist. She looks around one more time to make sure nothing is left and fishes out her phone from her Coach handbag to open The Spies chat.

 

•!The Spies!•

 

@hayi: I'm about to leave house now.

@junwhore: Already?

@hayi: Yeah now. Why?

@jinannie: Nothing. We've already on our way to deliver your car.

@hayi: Okay jinan ^_^

@junwhore: Hayi, ppali. We are about to arrive.

@hayi: yea, yea. see u down there.

 

She keeps her phone in her handbag and looks in the mirror for the last time before getting her house key and locks the door. Deep breath is taken before she continues her steps towards the lift and push down button. The number on lift LED slowly decreasing until it stops on number 5, Hayi's floor. She walks inside when its door open and taps her finger anxiously waiting for it to arrive to lobby. After some moment, the door opens again and Hayi exit the lift with eyes wandering around looking for the two people. 

 

"Hayi-ah!"

Hayi turns around when she heard someone calls out her name only to find out Jinan and Junhoe standing next to a red Honda Civic. She speed up her pace towards them. "Yah, is this all you got?" She eyes the car with a bit disgust in her face, teasing them. 

"What did you expect woman? Bentley? For a secretary? Duhh." Junhoe rolls his eyes in disgust before earning a smack on head from Hayi. "Yah! I know! Chill down can't you accept jokes? Aigoo this kid," Hayi pushes him a bit before getting into the car on the driver seat. 

Jinan just shakes his head watching them both fighting. "Hayi-ah, this is the key. Goodluck on your first day, fighting!" He fishes out the key from his pocket to give to Hayi through the window. 

"How are you guys going to get back home?" Since it's only 7.33 in the morning, she still have about one hour before going to the office. So, she could give them a ride home since it's not that far from her house.

"Nahh, it's okay. By the way, we are going to the headquarter and we arrived seperatedly here," Jinan says as he gesture to a black Toyota Harrier.

"Ya'll going to HQ? Why? Is there something wrong?" Hayi asks simutaneosly with worried face. Junhoe chuckles a bit before replying, "It's nothing. We just got some report to deliver, that's all." 

"Ohh.. But if anything happens, make sure to tell me ASAP!" She emphasize the word asap telling that she's dead serious need to know what's going around.

"Okay, okay. Now go. You shouldn't be late on your first day of work." Jinan assures her before getting into the car with Junhoe and drive away.

Hayi waits until the car becomes smaller and vanishes from her view. She then fixes the front mirror before she starts the engine and presses the pedal with her right leg. 

 

 

 

Lee Hi stops by at the nearest cafe before admitting on her first workday. She parks her car carefully before stepping into the cafe. There are a lot of empty seats since it's still early in the morning. Only some are having breakfast. She walks towards the seat that she sat before. The surrounding is somewhat calm with 90's songs played filling the quietness. Not long after she puts her clutch and phone on the table, a waitress arrives next to her holding a menu. 

She looks pass through several pages before finally decides to have a set of Chicken & Cheese slice with hot chocolate. The waitress nods her head and about to leave with her order when Lee Hi suddenly calls her name.

"Jang Mi?" She says as her eyes are looking at the waitress nametag. "Yes?" The waitress replies politely eventhough she was kinda surprise with the sudden call. "Ah.. Actually I would like to ask something.." The waitress patiently waits for Hayi to continue her words. "Urm, is Kim Hanbin always around for breakfast? " The sudden question that escapes makes the waitress eyes get bigger. 

"Neh.. But do you know him?" Jang Mi asks in suspicious since a stranger asked her about Kim Hanbin, one of the well known customer.

Hayi blinks a few time, bewildered by her counterback. "Aaa, yea! I was his schoolmate. But I guess he doesn't remember me, hee~" Hayi grins widely to cover the awkwad moment. The waitress nods her head again before she walks away to place the order. Hayi's eyes follow Jang Mi's back until she sees Jang Mi is talking with another staff with weird faces. They then both are looking at Hayi for a moment and Hayi casually puts her hand up and make them look away quickly. 

 

10 minutes went by when the waitress comes again w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter