Arranged Marriage.

Dangerous You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

9. Dangerous You.

 

 

Jaewon's pov

 


I wake up after feeling something vibrates in my pocket. I rub my eyes and see Hayi is next to me, hugging me. I her chubby cheek before I take out my phone. 


'You got 10 missed calls and 4 messages.'


It's all from Hanhae. My best friend  aka my cousin. He's the only Jung that I got now. 

It seems important- no it is. First because it's from Hanhae, and second because Hanhae wouldn't spam me if it's not necessary. I click open the messages. 


Yesterday

@hanhae: Hey where are you? Aren't you already arrive. 

@hanhae: Don't forget our meeting. 


Today

@hanhae: Why don't u pick up my call?

@hanhae: YAH! PICK UP MY CALL. THIS IS IMPORTANT!


As soon as I finish reading, new call pop up- from Hanhae. I quickly reject the call since I don't want to wake Hayi. I message him instead telling him 'I'll be there soon,'. 

I then slowly place Hayi's head on the couch and quickly- but carefully walk out to reach my things before I go out. I close her door silently, wear my shoes and dash for the lift. 

There's two guys near the lift. Perhaps they just walk out from it. But as I jog closer to them, the clearer I see how they look at me in weird way. I punch the lift button and hope for it to be faster. But still, those two guys are still looking. I tilt my head to meet their eyes but they quickly turn their heads though. I wait no longer as the lift arrive and give a glare to them.

I text Hayi sorry before drive my car to meet Hanhae.

 

 

I quickly get into the cafe and find Hanhae. He who already notice me waves his hands. I walk slowly to him and find there are already two glasses of drink. I sip it until it's already half before asking him questions. 

"What's up?" I grin while touching the back of my neck. He must be mad since he's eyeing me with his cold glare. 

"What's up? That's all you ask? And where were you last night? Did you know how worried I was since I waited like hell and you didn't turned up. Luckily your driver texted me and told me that he already picked you up," He's still looking at me with his cold stare and bombard me with questions. 

"I was.. I was at Hayi's," I avoid his eye contact because the guilt that's kind of killing me. 

"Seriously? You went to Hayi's right after your flight? And do you know how important is this? Isn't that you're the one that is so eager bout it before?" Hanhae continues attacking me with his death questions. Leaving me more guilty. 

"I know.. But, Hayi is important too. Do you know how I miss her ever since I was away, hyung. I couldn't afford for not seeing her even for a day. And I know this is important, it still is for me. It's just.. Hyung know.." I look away to the outside of the cafe and my Hayi is still lingering in my mind. All of these things about the company are really stressing me out. I think I'm still to young for this. Handling all of these at the age of 20, until now. (including 4 years of studying business and learning how to handle the company by the age of 17) I could have spend my life doing what I want but instead, I'm caged with these things. Since 6 years ago.

"I'm.. I'm sorry Jaewon-ah. Aish! I should haven't push you like that. I'm just worried about you. You've been away for business and all and these things- ahh! Just forget about it.." Hanhae pinches the bridge of his nose as his forehead creases. 

"I know.. I'm wrong too. I'm the one who make hyung work this hard. So it should be me who care more, sorry too," I drift my gaze to him and smile a bit. "Now let's get to business. I can't wait to get this settle quick. It's been a long time!" I plaster smile on my face and call the waiter to take my order. 

Hanhae is still looking at me with his usual look- sympathetic and pathetic look. It have been like that since 12 years ago. I don't know whether he is feeling sympathetic to me or that's just the way he look at people. Perhaps both. 

"Yah! There you go again. Pretending like nothing happen. Aish jjinja this kid. You didn't even shower right? You look like a mess! Aigoo you should have take care of yourself too.." He shakes his head and sip his drink. 

"Aniyo, gwenchana hyung. Gwenchana.." I say before sending the waiter away with the order. Hanhae hyung smile a bit before h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter