RicJin: I KNOW!

Book of FanFictions

Story 2:  I Know! - By:  LADYERROR

 

          For the first time in his whole life, Eric Mun can't find any SINGLE paperwork on his desk! What a DISASTER! Yet all the staffs of the Shinhwa Company, they were all waiting for his approval on their papers… and how on the world he could give his approval if there was NOT a single paper he could read or sign on his desk?

 

//And that's thanks to…. Park Junjin.//

 

        "Min Woo! Where on the world is JUNJIN?" Eric cried to his poor loyal Vice-CEO who had no idea as well where his dongsaeng might be hiding.

        "I-I don't know, Eric-ssi…. Really! I SWEAR!" Lee Min Woo answered with his little eyes. He was in fear to see the angry Eric.

        "You're not with him in this, are you?" asked Eric in suspicion. "Min Woo-ssi, I need you to tell me the TRUTH!" He walked closer to the poor man and glared right into the man’s eyes. "Min Woo…."  His voice was really scary.

 

          Min Woo could almost swear he could see flaming fire coming out from Eric’s head.  "No, Eric…. I really don't know where Junjin is now…. Honestly…."

"Lee Min Woo! Do you know what kind of EMERGENCY situation that we're having now?" Eric yelled.

 

Min Woo shook his head.

          "The whole company is waiting for my response and my signature on the documents, and yet… I found NOTHING on my desk this morning… and there's no other way that it can happen, unless… unless… Junjin purposely hides those papers from me! Yes! That's must be it! He must have HIDDEN them somewhere out there!"

"But, Eric…. Why would he do that?"

 

           Yeah… why would he do that? No – WAIT! Eric suddenly remembered something. This must be a REVENGE that man had planned in order to give Eric a lesson that he wouldn't forget. Couple days ago, Junjin had fallen into a very tiring argument with him about the deadlines of the documents, and as usual, NO ONE on this Earth managed to find a way to make the 4-D alienate CEO did something that he did not like to do, no matter what.

          "Take it easy, Jin-ah… Life is short, play more…" Eric giggled.  “You never refuse playing one or two games with me or the others.”

 

           Junjin obviously didn't like what he heard, "yes… I would love to play more, if you finish playing with my patience!  Hyung! Please for once, I need you to be serious at this moment! Everything depends on your decision this time, whether to have the dancing team choreographs the new song or we just ask our usual dance choreographer to do it for all of us!!!!  And either way, I need you to sign the contracts NOW!!!"  Junjin might not be serious in other matter, but not in dancing.

           "Yes! I understand… but it's NOT important now… anyway, we still have two more months till the new song promotion in the TV stations, right?  So can't we take care something else first?"

 

           "NO!"  Junjin was heavily distressed now. "You don't get it, don't you?  They, and WE, need to practice dancing as early as possible!!  You yourself know it is not EASY to memorize the steps!!"

             Eric only smiled.  He came closer to the stressed tall man, pat on his shoulders, and said, "Don't worry… Leave it to me…. Now, you can go and spend some time with your sweetheart, Andy. Have a nice weekend, my friend." His smile grew wider, he gave a little hug, and happily went away, leaving the irritated Junjin alone with his unfulfilled demand.

            "You know what, Jin-ah?  You've got to give those papers a break.  Documents, contracts, anything, they can be very sick of me.  Everyday, they have to see my face and have their body stamped by me.  If you don't give them a break, they'll run away from us. They'll HIDE themselves. They don't want to see us." Eric grinned.

 

              Last thing he remembered before leaving Junjin behind was how RED his face was. Though he wasn't so sure why Junjin's face could be so red in shades, at that moment, he DIDN'T care. He just needed to get away from his own office and work as soon as possible.

 

              Now – back to the PRESENT, Junjin successfully hid all his papers that he needed to read and sign fast.  Very cunning… he took his words and turned it into evil ideas - but he did it!  He managed to make the carefree-CEO in PANIC.  Now, what should he tell the staffs about this? They had to be angry, and he did not want it to happen.

"Min Woo…" his voice whispered…

"Ye-yes…. Eric?" the horrified Min Woo replied.

          "You're definitely not helping!" Eric glared at him. "There's no way you DON'T know where your favorite maknae, Junjin is!  Or at least… you must have an IDEA where he is hiding my papers!" Eric's usual calm voice had turned louder and it scared Min Woo very much.

 

The poor man just stayed silent. Trembling, yet too weak to run away from the scene. He was trapped.

         "Min Woo… Confession time…" the dark brown eyes observed Min Woo intensely just like the eyes of predator watching its prey closely. Suddenly, Eric had a terrible joke in his head, and since Min Woo wasn't too cooperative, Eric thought it was the perfect time to play prank on the man.  "Min Woo…" he gripped Min Woo's arm and got his face closer to his. He whispered, "I know what you’ve been doing, and if you don't start spilling what you know about this situation, I'll tell everyone I know, about who you really are and what you’re keeping all this time."

 

Min Woo's black eyes were widened.  He looked at Eric unbelievingly, stunned and pale.

Eric grinned. He instantly knew his prank was working.  Anything to get those papers back on time…

But unpredictably, Min Woo jumped on his knees and cried as loud as he could.

 

//What the?//

 

"Eric…. Please…. I know you know all this time that I'm keeping a SECRET…. But I swear I try to forget him."

Huh?

           "I know it's bad to keep a secret…. But I cannot help it…. So please… I beg you…. Don't tell anyone about this, especially Dong Wan…. I can’t help it, I fall in LOVE with Dong Wan, but I’m afraid to tell him my true feelings.  And I’m pretty sure he’s not interested in me, because he is always busy.  So please..... Just keep it for yourself.  I don’t want him to hate me.  We’ve been good friends for years, just let it be like this!!”

 

WHATTTTTT?!

           Eric closed his mouth, preventing his jaws opened within the air. He gasped. Definitely this was not what he expected to hear. Min Woo fell in love with Dong Wan, the famous solitary Shinhwa member? The one who was always proud of his voice, body and lame jokes?

 

           "I know I can't LIE to you. I know you suspect me long before, however I'm glad you never mention this to the others, especially to Dong Wan himself."'

Eric shook his head.  Bad prank….  But the show had to go on….

         "Okay, I understand.  I PROMISE I'll keep the secret safely.  But you have to help me to find the papers.  I know it's Jinnie who did it.  So if you can give me a clue where I can find him, then I'll get what I want, and I'll stop bugging you."

           Min Woo sniffed. Struggling, he wiped away his tears and running nose. "I'm not so sure where Jinnie went to, but last thing I heard that he was talking on the phone with Hye Sung. Perhaps, you should go and ask him.  He MUST know where Junjin is."

           

          Okay….  So his next problem was to find the ‘mother’ of Junjin. The super talented main vocal, Shin Hye Sung, the owner of Heavenly voice.  At the moment, Eric had no other choice else than finding that man as soonest as he could.  But how?  Hye Sung was such a private person.  Eric did not understand one thing about Hye Sung that this man had been avoiding him all the time.  He didn’t know what mistake he had done in the past to Hye Sung that made Hye Sung disliked him for REAL.  But anyway, that was not his problem.  His problem was to FIND the documents.  His problem was to find Junjin.

          Eric hurriedly got out of his spacey Shinhwa Company CEO office, and rushed to go to Hye Sung’s apartment.  Fortunately, Eric knew exactly where Hye Sung lived.  Yup!  He lived one floor right under his apartment.  He just needed to go there fast and ask him where the hell Junjin was at this moment.

          Eric dialed a number in his cell phones, and within seconds later, he had an answer already, "Hye Sung-ie?  Sorry to bother, but I need you to see me NOW! It's urgent!"

 

***

 

          Eric rang the apartment’s doorbell.  It only took a while for someone to get the door for him, and it was Hye Sung himself.  Without waiting to be invited, Eric just stepped right in. 

         “Ow, it’s you!  Please come in!”  Hye Sung sarcastically greeted Eric who had been inside even before he let him in.  “Now what’s so urgent?  You sounded like there’s a FIRE in your office!”

          “There is!!”  Eric answered him in a loud voice.  “Or at least there will be!!!  If I can’t find Jinnie SOON!!  I mean NOW!!”  Eric eyed around the room.  Somehow he expected Junjin would be here, hiding somewhere inside the apartment.  But less likely he was.  Eric could see the apartment was empty.  Hye Sung was all ALONE there. 

 

          “Aish!”  Hye Sung threw himself on the couch. “If you’re looking for Junjin, then what are you doing here?  Are you thinking that he’s going to be in my place??”

          “Honestly, YES!!”  Eric bluntly answered.  “You’re very CLOSED to him, so I’m expecting you’re his partner in crime!!”

          “Crime??”  Hye Sung was confused.  “What crime?”

          “Your so-called ‘Baby Bird’, had just managed to STEAL all my documents – NO – Shinhwa Company’s documents and HIDE them away from me.  The documents that I need to sign and approve by the end of the day!!!  And I suspect the idea might come from you!!”

 

           “WHAT??!!!”  Hye Sung jumped out of his seat. “Are you insane??  I’ve been here the whole day, and you’re still accusing me??  Go to hell!!”

“Oh, I will!!  With YOU!!!” 

           Hye Sung was so mad that he could not say anything anymore.  Soon a heavy silence fell between the two.  Eric couldn’t think of any other way to force Hye Sung to tell him where Junjin was, could he? 

 

“Fine!!  Even if you won’t tell me where Jinnie is, I KNOW!!!  I know EVERYTHING about you and him!!”  Eric yelled at Hye Sung.

          Surprisingly, Hye Sung looked at him in horror.  Eric noticed Hye Sung’s sudden expression and became alerted as well.  Did he say something wrong?

“No!”  Hye Sung shook his head.  “You can’t!!  You CAN’T know!!”

//What?? Know what??//  

         

           Eric could tell Hye Sung was keeping something from him, and he intended to know what.  He would do anything if it could help him to find Junjin.  “Of course I KNOW!!!  I know everything, Hye Sung-ie!!! And I’m going to tell everyone else about YOU!!  And Jinnie!!!”

           “No!! No!!! Please DON’T!!!”  To Eric’s surprise, Hye Sung was starting to sob.  Eric was more than shocked.  What did he say anyway?? “Please don’t tell anyone I’m in LOVE with him!!!”

 

WHATTTTT???!!!!!!!

Eric felt he was going to have a heart attack that very moment.  Hye Sung was in love with Junjin??? Since when???  Why didn’t he notice?? 

         

         “I know!  I KNOW!!  I can’t love him, because I know he DOESN’T love me the way I do.  He loves me for a friend, a very close friend who is always willing to listen to him or take care of him.  But I can’t help feeling the happiest when I’m around him.  I really wish he could be with me forever, but I know he won’t.  You can’t tell him about this!!!  You better SWEAR to me!!!”  Hye Sung’s cry in a glance turned into a deadly threat. 

Eric shook his head.  Seriously??  “Did you ever let Jinnie know about this?”

 

           Hye Sung was muted at first, but then he shook his head again.  “No. If he knows, he’ll avoid me for sure.  He likes someone else.  I don’t know how you find out about me and him, but you better swear to me you won’t mention it to anyone else.”

            Eric felt a pity of him in a sudden.  Suddenly he understood why Hye Sung disliked him everytime he was with Junjin.  He knew what it was like to have one-sided love, and it was very hurting.  “But Hye Sung-ie, what are you going to do about it?”

            Hye Sung smiled weakly.  “For now, I just want to enjoy my time with him as friends.  It’s okay, Eric-ah!  I know sooner later, he’ll find someone else he really likes, but I don’t mind.  As long as we can stay as friends, we can still enjoy our time together.  Just promise me you’ll keep it as a SECRET.  Never ever tell anyone, HIM especially!!!”

            Eric sighed.  His intention was to find Junjin in the first place, but until now, he didn’t find him, instead he found himself two biggest secrets of someone else’s lifes.  “Fine, I won’t mention it to anyone else.  But you gotta help me!! I need to see him now.  It’s really URGENT!!”

“I really can’t help you.” 

***

 

            Eric was frustrated now.  He had asked Min Woo and Hye Sung and both of them didn’t give him the information he was looking for.  Should he go to Kim Dong Wan?  But less likely Dong Wan knew where Junjin was.  Eric knew very well, Dong Wan was busy travelling here and there, while shooting for his variety show.  There was no way Dong Wan could meet Junjin.  Or the other way around.

Wait!  What about Andy?  Junjin was in a relationship with Andy, right??  He should find Andy from the FIRST place! 

 

           From their previous meeting, Eric knew Andy had a schedule to supervise the group he was producing.  So Eric set up an appointment with Andy in a coffee shop, the nearest they could find to the recording studio, so Andy could get back to his work after meeting Eric. 

"What can I do to help, hyung? You seem to be very panic…" Andy asked him the moment they met each other.

          "Well, it's a long story, but I need to see Jinnie right away. Is he going to meet you later today?" Eric eyed the younger man, hoping he would say yes.

          "Oh… So you're looking for Jinnie…"  Andy could sense that something was not right, "may I know WHY?"

 

           Actually, Eric was reluctant to say the reason, but for the sake of his reputation as the CEO, he had to get his documents back as soon as possible, so he could not waste any time longer by telling excuses, "it's a long story, but I need to find out where Junjin is. Do you happen to know where he is?"

           "No, in fact, I haven't met Jinnie for days.  I'm not sure where he is now."  Andy’s eyes were widened,  "Why can't you find Jinnie? I thought you're always together with him, why so sudden? You’re so close to each other.  Is anything terrible happened?"

           "Yes! I have no idea what he's thinking but he HIDES all my important files away. I can't find any of them and the best part is they are on deadlines!"

 

             Andy almost couldn't help giggling to hear what happened.  But that was Junjin for sure.  The only person who could play pranks on Shinhwa’s leader.  Even Min Woo didn’t dare to play pranks like that.  "But, it shouldn't be a problem for you, right? Considering you must have remembered the contents…"

             "As a matter of fact, I do.  But, still I need the actual papers to sign.  I need the documents physically.  It's impossible even for me to re-type the whole papers, not within the time left…"

"I see…" Andy replied shortly.  He felt a pity for the situation that Eric was dealing now, but he couldn't do anything, could he?

          "And I cannot figure it out, how on the world Junjin managed to hide piles of papers on my desk?" Suddenly, he remembered what Hye Sung just told him in his home.  He wondered whether Andy had known the hidden fact of Hye Sung as well. But how could he tell him? He had promised Hye Sung not to tell anyone about his secret, but it wouldn't be fair if Andy who was in a relationship with Junjin did not know there was someone else besides him who loved Junjin too.

 

"Is there something wrong, hyung?" Andy observed the suddenly-silent-man.

          "Andy-ah…." Eric wasn't so sure where to start, "I know…" He paused, not sure what to be said afterwards. "I know… something.  I just know it."  That's – it.  Eric felt very uneasy to speak about this matter.  Or should he just keep quiet and pretend knowing nothing?

 

            Andy looked at him for a long time without saying any words.  He seemed to be puzzled, but the serious look on Eric's face made him feel that this was not a joke.  "You know… it?"  He repeated the leader’s words.

Eric just nodded his head slowly. "I know."

"What-… I mean…, HOW-?"

"I just heard from-"

“I know one day he told you.  Jinnie can NEVER keep anything from you.”  Andy sighed.

 

Wait.  JinnieWhat did he mean

“He told you that we BREAK UP, didn’t he?”

WHATTTTT?????

“But, but, WHY??? I thought you were HAPPY with each other?”  Eric sounded more like panic than worried.

          “Because I don’t LIKE him, hyung.  He’s too playful.  Sometimes I don’t know whether he’s being serious with me or just joking around.  So I guess, we’re not suitable for each other.”

 

            Eric was shocked.  He never saw it coming.  He really thought Junjin was in a happy relationship with Andy.  He had never heard Junjin complaining about Andy or sharing any obstacle in their relationship.  “But, did you talk about THIS to him?”

“I did.  And I guess he accept it well.”  Andy sipped his coffee.  “Don’t worry, hyung, we’re still friends.  We’re Shinhwa afterall.”

“Since WHEN?”  Eric asked softly.

           Andy smiled.  “It has been months ago, hyung.  I thought he’d mentioned it to you.”  Andy paused.  Seemed to be reluctant to say his next words, “I wonder, hyung, how do you FEEL about me?”

 

Eric was surprised.  Did he just mishear things?  What did Andy say?

“There’s another REASON why I broke up with Jinnie.”

Eric held his breath.  //No.  Please.//

“I guess it’s also because I REALIZE who I really like.”  Andy looked at him in the eyes.  “It’s you, hyung.  The person I like the most is YOU.”

 

WHATTTTT????

           Eric really felt his heart STOP beating.  This couldn’t be true.  Andy couldn’t have that kind of feeling towards him.  Andy couldn’t like him.  Eric was really, really PANIC now.

Andy wanted to giggle seeing Eric turning pale on his seat in front of him.  “Don’t worry, hyung.  I know you don’t like me.”

 

WHATTTTTTT????

Now Eric felt his stomach was upside-downWhy was this happening???

“Because I can tell you LIKE Jinnie.”

Eric was totally frozen now.  He could swear he had lost his body heat completely.  What was Andy talking about?

“And he likes you too.”

 

           “No.  That’s absurd.  It’s impossible.”  Finally Eric let out a denial.  “If it’s really true, why he didn’t refuse when I asked him to go out with you?”  Eric remembered very well it was him himself who gave Junjin the idea to have a date with Andy.

            “Because you told him to do so.  Don’t you get it?  He went out with me because you asked him to.  Everything he does, he does it for YOU.  I know that.  Please don’t get me wrong.  He’s a kind person.  I don’t hate him.  But I can’t help wondering when the two of you realize your true feeling towards each other.  Every time you’re with him, I can tell how happy you’re.  The way you look at him and the other way around was so different.  And honestly I like that.  And I sincerely hope both of you will finally understand your own feeling towards each other.  But I guess the only way to make you understand is just to tell it bluntly right on your face, hyung.”

***

 

             Everyone’s words were ringing all along in Eric’s head on the way back to his office.  Min Woo was crushing on Dong Wan.  Hye Sung had a hidden feeling towards Junjin, and not to mention Andy’s break-up.  And he LIKED Junjin?  Eric forgot his priority to find Junjin to get his papers back.  Eric forgot he was MAD at Junjin for playing the stupid prank.  Now he just wanted to see the man to make sure what Andy told him was TRUE.  He stepped down from his car and entered Shinhwa Company building, and directly went up to his private office.  Usually, at this kind of hour, his office would be totally empty and quiet, since no one would be around at this time.  Only a janitor who would greet him right before he entered his room.  He took his coat and hung it anywhere he liked. But how surprise he was when his eyes caught someone else was there in his office.  He was standing near the window and Eric could see his back facing him.  JUNJIN.

             Junjin could hear Eric was coming as the CEO opened the door to his office.  He had been waiting for him for hours.  Junjin turned around to greet Eric, but how surprised he was to see Eric’s serious face.   He expected the Shinhwa leader would be mad at him for playing pranks on him, yelling and whining about how hard to find him, but unexpectedly, Eric just remained silent. He didn't even move from the place he's standing.

 

"HyungWhy? What happened?" Junjin began to worry. It was unusual for Eric to act like that.

           Eric closed his eyes and shook his head. "Nothing." He paused. He then looked at the tall man intensely, expecting Junjin to pay full attention to him. "Jin-ah…" he called him.

"Yes?"

“Why you NEVER tell me?”

“It supposed to be a prank.  If I tell you, it’ll be not fun anymore.”

Eric was muted.  Junjin didn’t get what he meant.

 

          “What’s WRONG, hyung?  You’re really MAD at me, aren’t you?”  Junjin moved himself to get his bag which he put on the sofa inside Eric’s office.  He opened it and pulled a stack of documents that he had been hiding from Eric.  “Here.  I return them to you.  I’m really SORRY.”  Carefully he put them on Eric’s desk.  “Hopefully, you understand now how important those papers are.”  He smiled at the-still-stunned Eric.  “It’s getting late.  I’m going home now.”

 

            Junjin was about to pass Eric who was still standing motionlessly near the door, when Eric suddenly pulled him over.  Eric looked deeply into the man’s eyes for a few moments still without saying anything. 

Hyung,”  Junjin called him, “you’re starting to scare me.”

Eric shook his head.  Still with his intense gaze, he whispered, “I know.”

Junjin heard what Eric said, and smiled, “good then, that means tomorrow I’ll get the contracts I’ve been asking, right?” 

Eric shook his head again.  Still with his hand grasping on Junjin’s wrist, he repeated himself.  "I KNOW."

 

           Junjin was stunned.  Both of them fell into a silence, staring each other.  Before he asked the next question, Eric rapidly moved towards him, and KISSED him.

WHATTTTTT?!

"I LOVE you too." Eric whispered to his ears.

//Oh-my-God!//

 

            Even after Eric told him his feeling, Eric did not let Junjin leave for home.  As the punishment for hiding all the papers,  Eric made Junjin stay to accompany him until he signed the last document.  And Eric planned to do it very slowly and thoroughly.

 

 

The End (for this chapter – perhaps)


Author's Note:

Why oh why I have to write this????  *Go to the nearest wall and stick my forehead there.  Happy April's Mop! *shoot