JinSyung: Last Goodbye Part.1

Book of FanFictions

Story 8:  JinSyung:  Last Goodbye Part.1 - by: LADYERROR 

[For this JinSyung chapters, please refer to RicMin chapters.]  

 

Damn it.

Oh, damn it!

          Shin Hye Sung felt his body was heating, heating of anger and anxiety for sure.  The traffic was crazy just now, since there was a terrible accident involving a truck and a bus.  He never expected this kind of unfortunate event could ever happen, right on his first date.  Finally, for after three months being together, ‘he’ finally understood how Hye Sung was feeling.  He met this one great guy on one fine day by chance, when the two of them were queuing for their cups of coffee.  Since he was in a hurry to catch the next bus, Hye Sung accidentally bumped to him and spilled his coffee on the man’s coat. 

          Luckily the man was not angry, and that was how they started to know each other.  They started to make appointments to meet each other and hang out, and Hye Sung really liked this guy.  He was attractive, a bit witty, but nonetheless, he was definitely dependable.  But of course, he was too shy to admit how he was feeling in the first place.  After three months going out together, finally today had come.  The man ‘officially’ asked him out for a DATE!  A REAL date!  The man was out of town from three days ago, and today he had just arrived and told Hye Sung that the FIRST person he wanted to meet was none other than Hye Sung himself.  He even told Hye Sung that he could not stop thinking about him, and wanted to tell the truth – the whole truth of how he felt towards Hye Sung and plus, what plan he had for Hye Sung.  Hye Sung could not help to grin every time he thought about it. 

 

          But again, today was definitely not his day!!!  He was so closed to the coffee shop where they first met in Myeongdong street area, then his ‘lover’ suddenly called him on the phone telling that there was something urgent he had to attend and CANCEL their meeting.  Damn!!  Hye Sung almost cursed on the phone when he heard that they were not going to meet each other.  But he managed to take a deep breath, and let out his wrath disappear into the god damn air.  Of course he could not force his lover to come anyway to meet him no matter what happened.  It would sound so selfish.  And how could he get mad to him?  The man repeatedly asked for forgiveness by phone, and Hye Sung was pretty sure that he was in tears too.  He could tell from his choked voice.  He told him not to worry and he understood if he could not make it. 

 

          Now he was HERE.  He finally reached the place, after running along for few minutes, only to find their meeting was cancelled.  Tired of running, Hye Sung decided to enter the coffee shop anyway, and have a sip of his favorite brewing coffee.  Unlike the busy street outside, the place was a little quiet.  It was still early perhaps, but Hye Sung was happy.  He could use some quiet place to calm his mind and redeem his earlier disappointment.  He took his order and sat on the corner of the shop.  Pretty sure nobody could disturb him.  Once he seated, he looked around the place again.  There were some couples sitting and talking, but his attention was drawn to the person who sat at the table right next to him.  Not because of that person really had a good looking appearance, Hye Sung could tell this person was not an ordinary person at all.  He could tell that from the way he was dressing and how he seated himself.  Hye Sung could see this person possibly was travelling too, there was a travel bag beside his seat.  Hye Sung was looking at that man seriously for quite a long time – which he did not realize it – until the man looked back at him.  He was startled when their eyes were locked to each other, Hye Sung quickly diverted his gaze to somewhere else.

 

“Shin Hye Sung?” 


Hye Sung again was surprised.  Did he just hear his name called?  He looked at the man who had just addressed him.  Did he know this man?

 

“It’s you, right?  Hye Sung-ssi?”  The man was smiling widely now.  He was certain that he knew Hye Sung. 

          “Ee, hi.”  Hye Sung managed to answer him, even though his voice was somehow evaporated.  He gulped.  He tried to recall where or when he ever met this man, but he could not remember at all.  What did he have to say?  What could he say? 

 

           “It is YOU.”  The man’s voice was husky.  Gradually the man stood up from his seat and moved his cup to Hye Sung’s table.  Now he was sitting right in front of Hye Sung on the same table.  “It’s been a very long time.  Do you still remember me?”  He asked, still with a wide smile on his face.

 

“I-“  Hye Sung brushed his hair.  If he told him that he did not remember him at all, he would surely hurt this man’s feeling.  “I-“

 

“You DON’T remember me, do you?”  The man asked again, even before Hye Sung could tell a lie

“I’m really sorry.  I don’t know what to say, but I really CAN’T remember you.”

          “It’s okay.  I guess we’ve NEVER met for over ten years now.  I must have changed a lot.  It’s not your fault.  But look at you.  You don’t change AT ALL.”  The man was grinning.  “You still look gorgeous.”

 

           Hye Sung instantly blushed hearing the compliment.  If there was a hole there, he would voluntarily jump into it to hide.  “Tha- Thank you.  I guess.”  He stuttered.  “But can you tell me your name?  Who knows it will ring a bell?”

“I’m Jun Jin.”  He paused for a while to give Hye Sung some time to recall his memory.  “We were in the same class in Secondary.”

 

Jun Jin?  Secondary?  Why he still could not remember anything?  But perhaps it was because he got transferred because of-

 

“I guess you’ll remember me by NOW.”  Jun Jin added in.

          “I guess so...  It’s been such a LONG time!!!”  Hye Sung lied that he could remember Jun Jin.  He did not like to lie actually, but it was really terrible if someone did remember you, yet not the other way around.  A little white lie would not hurt, right?  Finally, he met someone from his teen life.  Even though his teen life was not that spectacular, but it was always fun to meet someone from the past, the wonderful past.  “How have you been doing?”

 

Jun Jin smiled at him, he was glad that Hye Sung could remember him.  “I’m doing great.  Thank you.  I can see you’re doing FINE too!”

“Where do you live now??  Are you from this area?”

Jun Jin shook his head.  “Actually I DON’T live in Korea anymore.  I got work in China, and this time I came back for a business trip.”

 

“Oh, I see.”  That would explain why he was carrying this travel bag.  “So where are you staying tonight?  Around the Myeongdong area?” 

           Again Jun Jin shook his head.  “That was the PLAN actually.  But my company made the wrong reservation.  They reserved my room for a wrong date.  I can only stay in the hotel they choose for me starting tomorrow.  So I have to find another hotel to stay temporarily for one night.”

 

“WHAT?  That’s RIDICULOUS!!  How can they get the WRONG date??”

          “I know.”  Jun Jin sighed.  “But what can I say?  They told me that they would pay me for the hotel I stay tonight too.  But the problem is, it’s NOT easy to find a vacant room in such a short notice.  The hotels that I know are fully-booked at this kind of season.”

 

Hye Sung suddenly took a pity on Jun Jin.  “Look, if you don’t mind, you can STAY in my place for the night.” 

 

Jun Jin looked at him in surprise.  “Are you sure?  I don’t want to bother you.”

“Why bother?  I live alone, and only for one night, right?  Of course it would be no troublesome at all.  And I could use some company for tonight.”

 

“Will your boyfriend MIND?”

           Hye Sung blushed rapidly.  How on earth Jun Jin KNEW he had a boyfriend??  “I- I don’t have one... yet.... I mean I do... I will.... soon....”  He began stuttering again, “Anyway, how could you tell that I GOT a boyfriend???”

“Your cellphone’s lock screen?”

 

           Hye Sung instantly looked at his phone.  Right!  The wallpaper.  “Don’t mind him.  He will understand.  Like you only spend one night with me.  I’ll introduce you to him later.”

Jun Jin smiled again.  “I would love to meet him.  He must be a wonderful person too.”

Hye sung blushed for no reason.  “He is.  So, do you have ANY other plan today?”

“No, other than to find a place to stay for tonight.”

          “Good then,”  Hye Sung stood up and grabbed his bag, “so what are we waiting for?  Let’s go to my place so you can have a rest and put your things there.  I bet your bag is quite HEAVY to carry around everywhere.”

 

Jun Jin followed him and took his bag.  “What about you?  Don’t you go to work?

         “About that,”  Hye Sung did have to go his office actually, since today was a working day.  But he had asked for a permission not to come to work today, as he was planning to meet up with his boyfriend.  But apparently he still could use today to help an old friend.  “I am FREE today.  Why don’t I take you around the cool places here in Seoul?  Since you don’t live here anymore, you sure do miss lots of new places.”

Jun Jin grinned.  “I would love that!  Thank you so much!!”

Hye Sung smiled in return.  He would use today to forget his disappointment for sure.

 

***

 

            Hye Sung slammed himself on his bed.  What an exhausting day!!  Jun Jin and him had been walking for one whole day, and only by this hour he finally reached his home again.  He admired Jun Jin's stamina though, he did not seem to get tired at all.  Jun Jin enthusiastically chatted and walked with him visiting the famous and crowded places Hye Sung knew in Seoul.  After traveling to four different places (in a day!), Hye Sung finally gave up and asked Jun Jin to return to his home.  Luckily Jun Jin was so understanding and did not refuse at all.

            Hye Sung sighed.  But at least he was grateful to meet him this morning.  He was afraid he was going to spend the day in such a bad mood, since he could get to meet his one and only love.  Thanks to Jun Jin, he still could spend his day cheerfully.  Spending time with Jun Jin turned out to be really fun in fact, the man knew very well how to cheer him up, he could bring up interesting things to be discussed and to mention his sense of humour.  He even understood if the man stood out from the rest.  Not only for his good looking, but more to his personality.  Hye Sung noticed many people - males and females - had been looking at him everywhere they went. 


           Hye Sung was startled to hear his cellphone beeping.  Quickly he got up from his bed to get it.  How excited he was to see the caller's ID.  It was his boyfriend.  He answered him gleefully.  "Yes?"

           "Hye Sung-ie? It's ME."

             Of course he knew who it was. "I know.  I've been expecting your call."

             "I'm so sorry about today.  I couldn't make it, I'm really, really feel BAD about it."

              Again he apologized.  He was so modest.  "It's okay.  I understand."

              "Can I still make it up to you?"

 

Hye Sung lifted his eyebrows. "Yes?"  What was he planning?  "I guess?"

"Look!  I really want to see you today.  Can we hang out tonight? I REALLY missed you."

 

            Hye Sung felt his heart was ready to fly away to the seventh heaven.  He was blushing so red as if he was talking to the man in person.

            "But that's if it's okay with you.  I know it's getting late, and most probably you're tired too, it's okay if you can't-"

            "No, no, NO!"  Hye Sung immediately cut in, "it's not a trouble at all.  I can meet you NOW.  Anywhere you like!!"

            There was a moment of silence between them.  Hye Sung suddenly started to feel anxiousDid he sound overexcited?  His boyfriend could get the wrong idea.

            Then the man answered, "Hye Sung-ie, that's what I love from you the most.  You always have time for me."

 

Now Hye Sung blushed madly.  He could even feel the heat from his cheeks and ears.  "What are you talking about?  It's NOTHING!  Really!!"

Another moment of silence.

"So," Hye Sung continued, "where will we meet?"

 

          His boyfriend suggested to meet up around the Hangang park, which was quite closed to the area Hye Sung was living.  Hye Sung agreed right away and asked for some time to get there.  He was so happy to know eventually today was not BAD at all.  Though it was true that he was extremely tired after a walk around Seoul for the whole day, but he would never miss a chance to meet his one and only love.  Hye Sung quickly took a quick shower and changed into a better outfit.  He was about to leave when he suddenly remembered of Jun Jin.  Would Jun Jin mind if he left him alone in the house?  What about dinner?  

 

          Hye Sung went to the guest room where Jun Jin was staying.  He carefully knocked at the door.  Jun Jin had to be resting too by now, he hoped he did not disturb his rest.  

         "Yes?"  It only took a while for Jun Jin to answer and opened the door.  He greeted Hye Sung with a big smile.  Hye Syung wondered, how on earth Jun Jin could still act cheerfully after one exhausting day? 

        "I'm going to go out to see my boyfriend,"  Hye Sung informed him, "do you mind if I leave you here alone?"

 

        Surprisingly Jun Jin lost his smile and looked at Hye Sung worriedly, "are you sure, Hye Sung-ssi?  It's really LATE now.  Aren't you tired??"  

        Hye Sung shook his head.  Actually he did feel tired, but he would not want to MISS a chance.  "I'm fine.  But I'm worried about you.  You don't have anything to eat for dinner.  Can you order something?"

        "I surely can.  Don't worry about me.  I'm worried about you instead.  Are you sure going out alone?  Do you need me to send you?"

        Hye Sung did not want to reject Jun Jin's offer, but on the second thought, he did not want his boyfriend to misunderstand him either.  He knew his boyfriend was not that shallow, but still, it was better to be safe.  His boyfriend did not know Jun Jin yet anyway, and he was pretty sure they would talk about private matters tonight.  Having Jun Jin around would just make the situation awkward.  "I'm so sorry, I understand you mean well, but I can't take you tonight.  I have something private to discuss with him."  He really hoped Jun Jin was not hurt being rejected like this.

 

        Jun Jin did not answer anything at first, he just stared deeply at Hye Sung, and it made Hye Sung felt uneasy.  Even more surprisingly, Jun Jin moved gradually to him and embraced him.  Hye Sung felt his cheeks blushing in different kind of red shades.  

        "Hey," Hye Sung tried to let go of Jun Jin's hug bit by bit, "I'm going to be fine.  You're acting like we'll never see each other again."  He smiled at Jun Jin whose expression was still worried.  "You're going to stay here tonight, right?  Don't have to wait for me.  I got my own keys.  I can get myself in, so if you're sleepy, just go to bed."  Hye Sung looked at the clock.  He was running late.  "I got to go now.  I don't want to be late.  Just make yourself at home.  Call me if you need anything.  See you later."  Hye Sung hurriedly put on his shoes and exited.  Jun Jin did not even have a chance to say goodbye.
 


***
 


           Jun Jin could not go to sleep yet.  It's already past midnight and there was NO SIGN Hye Sung was coming home.  Hye Sung did not even call once to let him know where he was.  He went to the living room where he could watch the TV there.  It was about time for late news broadcast.  Having no other choice, Jun Jin watched the ongoing news.  There was some boring news about economy and politic of the country, then there was this crime news about a discovery of a dead man's body near Hangang shore.  Jun Jin could see a glimpse of the body, but then that was all.  He then decided to turn off the TV and went back to his room.  But he did not go to bed.  He put on his jacket and grabbed his travel bag.  He had to leave the house that very moment.  He would meet Hye Sung in the next morning anyway.  Before he went out of the door, he glanced back to the house and sighed.  He just hoped tomorrow he could see Hye Sung again and make things better.
 


***

 

TO BE CONTINUED ~