Home alone

Kookie and Blank JI

Jong Kook looked bored, ok, he was really bored. There is nothing to do, His wife and children went to pohang and he could not follow them, he had dropped them off and return to Seoul alone, his tears threatening to drop as he entered the empty house without the usual cluttering and screaming of the children or the warm smile of his wife. The first thing to do was to message his wife but she didn't reply. Most likely busy with the kids and her parents.

 

He mobbed and then decided to meet up with his buddies instead, he massaged Haha, Gary, Jae Suk and Suk Jin but decided to leave the new father, Kwang Soo, out. They decided to meet in Haha restaurants.

 

“Hyung, how have you been doing?” Jong Kook asked politely when he saw Suk Jin and Jae Suk, he was only unrespectful on screen but privately, he was always respectful and polite to his Hyung.

 

“Don’t tell me Ji Hyo and the kids are out of town and you need our company.” Jae Suk read the muscle man like an open book. Jong Kook gave an embarrassing nod, his hyung understood him perfectly. “Only then you would ask us out.” Jae Suk shook his head.

 

“Hyung, i can't leave Ji Hyo with the little monsters. The kids are extremely naughty.” Jong kook tried to find an excuse.

 

“I think Ji Hyo could handle them without you, but I bet you could not.” Suk Jin shot another insult right into his heart.

 

Gary and Haha walked in together. “Hello, Hyungs.” they greeted everyone warmly. Gary was still single but had managed to find the woman of his dreams. Haha and Byul had another 2 kids. “Hyung, thanks. I need the break” Haha said as he dropped himself onto the seat, “the Kids are just impossible.”

 

“Another father who couldn't do anything about his kids.” teased Suk Jin.

 

“Well, having one is ok, but from 2 onwards it is difficult.” Haha defended, Jong Kook had to agree, life was simpler with one kid. The men went ahead to order their favourite food, in no time, the food filled up their entire table and the men started to dig in, while talking and joking at the same time

 

Jong Kook felt a vibration in his pocket, he quickly dipped into it and took out his phone, a happy smile broke out on his face and he excused himself. Behind him, he could sense that the other four men making joke out of him, but he didnt mind, his phone call was utmost important.

 

“Hello, dear.” he whispered.

 

“Hello dear. Give me a moment.Kids, your father on the line” Ji Hyo announced, then Jong Kook could hear all his four kids talking at the same time, telling him about the time they had in Pohang. Luckily he had his training and he managed to pick up some key words.  

 

“Oh my, you had fun running on the bench today? Wait for papa to come and we will do it together again?” his kids shouted ok in unison. “Papa, we want to play somemore before dinner.” his elder son requested and Jong Kook agreed asking them to pass the phone back to Ji Hyo.

 

“Hello, Oppa, how was the gathering so far?” Ji Hyo asked, Jong Kook had updated his move, as usual.

 

“Good, But I wish you were here with me. The house was so empty with you and the kids.” he pouted. “Once i finished my work tomorrow, i would join you. Don’t take them to all the fun spots, wait for me, ok?”

 

“Oppa, ok I will and stop pouting, later the guys thought i bully you again.” Ji Hyo’s laughter tinkle on the other end of the phone.

 

“They are teasing me already, Ji Hyo, I missed you so much, you must call me tonight, please?” JOng Kook requested.

 

“Well … “ Ji Hyo paused.

 

Jong Kook’s heart sunk, “it’s ok if you are tired, its ok. It more important you had your rest and you are handling the four rascals alone. I will be fine.” he tried to sound cheerful.

 

“Oppa, I missed you too. I will call you around 10? Your outing should be over by then” Ji Hyo gently promised her husband that she would call him. She could hear him smile over the phone when she said she would call him, her husband sometimes was easy to please.

 

“I promised you I won’t take long. The guys are calling me already. I love you, Ji Hyo.” he whispered his love to her.

 

“I love you too, oppa, talk to you tonight.” Ji Hyo said. Jong Kook waited till she dropped the call before dropping his. His footsteps grew lighter as he entered the room.

 

“Finally, someone is smiling,” Jae Suk couldn’t but mock Jong Kook. Everyone had to agree Jong Kook mood had became lighter. “You should be with your family if you missed them so much.”


Jong Kook didnt want to comment, he picked up a piece of his hyung favourite food and stuffed it into his mouth, Jae Suk nearly choked and the rest had a good laugh. The dinner was filled with laughter. At nine, Jong Kook bidded farewell to all for them and they all went home. He stepped into the dark house, dreading the silent. “This is the last time I am staying home without my family.” he vowed. He quickly showered before laying down on their bed waiting for his wife to call.