Butterfly effect

Kookie and Blank JI

I stared at the pretty woman in front of me,  my heart throbbing at a faster speed than usual, luckily there was no way someone could measure or hear it, although I could hear it drumming away in my rib cage. I heard a cough behind me and i forced myself to tear my eyes away and focus on the person behind me. “Morning, Hyung,” i smiled greeting Jae Suk Hyung.

 

“Morning ah Jong Kook, I seldom see you so distracted, the scenery is too pretty isit it?” Jae Suk said.

 

“What scenery, there is just people here.” I couldn’t or didn’t want to catch what Hyung was saying.

 

“I thought you were too busy appreciating the scenery, Haha, sorry ah I misunderstood you.” he smiled, his smile spoke of mystery.

 

I chose to ignore him. “Hyung, you were late today, quickly we need to start soon.” I hurried him.

 

“I came earlier, but my tummy pain and i had to rush to the toilet. You want to know what happen next right”

 

I know what he wanted to say, and he would really say it out. “Hyung, Suk Jin Hyung is here. Hi Hyung” changing the topic, the two old men happily started to gossip and joke around. I sighed with relief.

 

My attention was switched back to the woman, she was animating discussing where the best Americano can be found. Her brown eyes twinkle, a red blush sprinkle across her cheeks, her rosy lips curved and i was totally lost.

 

A cup swinged in front of me, blocking my view, i looked up feeling irritated being interrupted for the second time. This time Kwang Soo was swinging a cup of water in front of me. “Hyung, you want a drink?” he asked.

 

“Thank you Kwang Soo ah.” I held my irritation and drank the warm water in the cup. Kwang Soo took over the cup. I turned and she was no longer there, i sighed silently and prepared to start filming.

 

“Morning, Oppa.” she greeted, her smile is so bright and i was completely dazzled by her.

 

“Morning, Ji Hyo ah.” I returned her smile, hoping it would send warm into her heart. “You look pretty today” I praised her, i couldn’t help it, she was even pretty with no make up on.

 

She blushed, before we could continue the conversation, the PD asked the rest to stand in place and we started the recording. We were standing next to each other, her light perfume surrounded the air. Jae Suk hyung made a joke and she giggled, her voice tinkling, i had to smile. We were made to wear woman wear and paired up with the guys. I couldnt help but felt jealous of her partner, when he put his hand on the shoulders the first thing i want to do is to get rid of his dirty hands! I pushed his hands off hers, that the least i can do, i saw her eyes on me, smiling. I looked away, blushing. But I must say that guy was taught a good lesson and his hands were off her, I relaxed and she was totally at ease, but she always near me, and i kept a lookout for her.

 

When I was doing the tearing nametag match, I would felt her eyes on me, I tried my best to show her my capability, but I couldnt tear off her tag during their round but she was too strong, she took off my partner's one so in the end i had to tore off hers and then I took her partner, of course, I played delay tactic till she was out then I tore off his name tag. She pouted

 

The day ended in the cafe, my partner, also single, asked her to be his girlfriend, i felt like killing him with my stare, he felt it and turned his head toward me and gave me a wink. My heart skipped a beat, had he found out my secret.

 

We ended the filming there, Jae Suk hyung gave me a push and he smiled suspiciously, I ignored him. Haha caught my eye and he gave me the same smile, i had to turned my head and this time i met her eyes, she smiled innocently at me, I smiled back.

 

“Hyung,” Gary called me, and i turned to looked at him. “Want to join us for dinner, Ji Hyo too, you wanted to join us?” he asked.

 

Ji Hyo’s eyes lit up, “I am hungry. What are we eating?”

 

“The usual, at my restaurant, Hyung you coming?” i nodded my head, how would i not be when she going to be there?

 

“Great, let’s pack up, we will meet there.” Gary said, he turned and left

 

“Ji Hyo ya, how are you going?” I asked her, as we walked out of the cafe together.

 

“Oppa, can you drive me there? My manager’s car got problem.” she said.

 

“Ok, i am driving the car, i will get my manager to go back on his own.” I smiled, “he needed some rest.”

 

“Ok, Oppa, let me go pack and i will meet at your car.” she ran away to pack up.

 

I quickly pack up and waited for her at my car, she was fast too and quickly slipped into my car. “Oppa, I am hungry,  Let’s go.” i nodded my head and started the car. She the stereo, “Oppa, i wanted to listen to your songs, where is your album?” she looked expectedly at me. I blushed but pointed her to where they were kept. She took one of them out and slid into the cd drive.  She started to sing along with the album and i couldn't help but join her. The whole journey was filled with our songs. Gary’s restaurant was too near I opined, we reached too soon.

 

“Oppa, that was fun, we should do it more often. It was a privilege able to sing Karaoke with the original singer!” she was clearly quite unsatisfied as I was.

 

“Well, you are most welcome, we can do this more often if you want.” i said, pleased that she love it as much as I did.

 

“Ok, you are on. Let’s go.” her hand grabbed mine and she pulled me towards Gary’s. Part of me wished it was because she loved the skinship, part of me wished it was because she wanted to hold my hand, part of my negative sense said it was because she was hungry, part of the most negative sense said it was because it was because she wanted to see Gary. That part of me wanted to let go of her hand and let her go to her beloved, it is was really so, but the rest of me just wanted to hold tight to this woman, even for that one minute, I was already in heaven.

 

We were the last two and somehow got squeeze between Jae Suk hyung and Suk Jin hyung, the table was nice enough to sit the eight to nine person and yet we were squeezed, “Hyung, move over, there plenty of space over you side” i turned towards Jae Suk hyung wanting him to give us more space.

 

“Jong Kook ah, there are other people joining us,” he said, pointing to the three sets of cutlery.

 

“Who?” Ji Hyo asked.

 

“People. You will know when they are here. But now that’s cure the hunger in our stomach.” Jae Suk reached for the bbq pig intestine. Ji Hyo nodded and her focus turned to the food. I gave up, since both of them are not complaining, and i did like been so close to her. She was very attentive to my needs, picking up the food she knew i like. I had to thank her, so i pick up a intestine, wrapped it in the vegetable, put the chilli sauce and a bit of garlic.

 

“Ji Hyo, for you.” I said, wanting to pass her the bundle, but since she was so closed she bent her head down and eat it off my hand, her lips gently touches the tips of my fingers, they sent ripples of electricity down my spine. None of the others seem to have notice the intimate move.

 

“My hands are full.” she explained with full, and indeed, one of her hands held the scissors and the other held a piece of meat. Her tips of her ears looked a bit reddish.

 

“You wanted more?” I asked, she nodded, she was busy helping with the bbq, being the only girl in the table did have it disadvantage, but i was glad to help her. I made her another one, this time with a bit of rice. She ate it from my fingers again, she raffled the butterflies in my stomach. I didn’t care if the others had seen it, even if they did, they were basically ignoring the both of us, and i liked that. Dinner time passed with fun and laughter, the three person didn’t turn up but it didn’t bother me.

 

“I sent you home?” i asked her, when we decided it time for us to leave. She nodded her head and stifled a yawn, “you can rest in the car.” We get into the car, this time, I turned the radio on and it was playing some music softly in the background.

 

“Oppa, today was fun isn’t it, we hadn’t did something like this for very long.”

 

“Yeah, we didn’t have a dinner outing together for very long. Usually it was just the few of us,” I said as I drove the car towards her apartment. “And i missed hanging out with you too.” I almost bit my tongue for saying that.

 

“Me too, Oppa.” she softly replied, it sent my butterflies fluttering again. My hand reached out for hers, i wanted to hold her hands in mine, she didnt move away, instead she took my hand in hers. My butterflies are now flying high.

 

We didnt say anything after that, the car finally reached her house, i parked the car and went down with her. I decided this may be my only chance.

 

“Ji Hyo Ya… “ she stopped and turned to look at me. “Ji Hyo ya … you are always special to me. Although i always told everyone you are family, i didn’t mean family family.” i was uttering gibberish. “You are to me a different type of family, i don't want you to be a sister, i wanted you to be someone that would accompanied me for the rest of my life, one who would support me, one who would be my confidant, one who would …” i could not say the two words.

 

“Love you,” she continue for me. I looked into her eyes, her eyes did not flutter.

 

“Do you wanted to my family?” i asked.

 

“Mmm … just like that?” she asked.

 

My face already turned all red, “Not enough? I know it was not enough … “ my throats was dry, i swallowed my saliva, “but I havn’t really asked anyone before.” my hand went to scratch my hair. This is my first confession and this was too sudden, I was not really prepared. “I am sorry Ji Hyo ah, maybe we take a raincheck. Let me think of how to do this better, ok? But … but give me a chance?”

 

“Oppa,” her hands suddenly took mine, and led me to her apartment, she didn’t said anything on the way. She forcefully punched in her passcode and open the door, she literally pushed me into her apartment. “Oppa, how long more do i need to wait” her hands on waist. “We had been stuck for so long, and we made much progress today. But now… but now..” her eyes turned red, tears threatening to fall.

 

“No, i not going to take back what i said, i wanted to give you a prefect confession.” i tried to tell her my determination.

 

“No, Oppa, you will think too much again and you might …” my lips covered hers, no .. I wanted to prove to her my determination, her lips were soft and warm, they tasted so sweet, and i could not bring myself to leave hers. Her tongue probed my lips, and I opened my lips and her tongue slipped in.. i on hers. The kiss lasted till there was a need for fresh air.

 

“Oppa, I don’t need a prefect confession. I wanted to hear what is in your heart.” she spoke first.

 

“I …” I took a deep breath. “I love you.” I paused, her eyes twinkling. “I love you too much, too long. I had thought too much too but I just couldn’t live without you. I needed you by my side, or else, my life is just a piece of stone, it needed you to mould it into a piece of art. To make it to a master piece. Ji Hyo ya… “ i hugged her, embraced her into my arms, “i couldnt even imagine my life without you. The only thread now is running man, and it was not strong enough, i needed more, Ji Hyo ya, please love me back” i closed my eyes, i could felt my tears fell.

 

“Oppa, Oppa, how could you not feel my love for you, it was there for so long and it ran so deep. I love you too, but you always avoided that love. Maybe you are afraid my love would hurt you, or your love would hurt me, but i always believe you would protect me, and our love would conquer all. Oppa.. please dont run away anymore.” i could felt her tears soaking into my heart.

 

“I am not going too, Ji Hyo ah, i now know we are mutually loving each other, my denial only caused pain and grieve, Ji Hyo, i would brave hell to be with you, i promise i would protect you. I know you would be my most solid backing.” i vowed, kissing her forehead to seal that promise.

 

“Oppa, i trust you. I love you, oppa.” she whispered.

 

We stay like that for some time, “Oppa” she said. “Should we sit down? My legs are getting tired.”

 

I chuckled, “I am so sorry dear, i was thinking about the same thing. How do love dramas usually ended after such a heartfelt confession?”

 

“They usually go to another scene. Now I know why.” she giggled, “there is really hard to follow.” she brought me to the kitchen and pour us two glasses of water, we drank it empty and we poured another glass. “And thirsty too.” then she looked seriously at me again. “Oppa, it late. Maybe you should rest here…”

 

“Wah, this is too fast,” i , although i do perfectly what she meant.

 

“Oppa, in the guest room!” she pouted.


“Ok ok,,, i understand, let me have another glass of water, and we should rest for the night. Tomorrow, we discuss the rest ok?” i poured myself another glass of water, while holding her in my arms. She agreed, i sent her to her room, giving her a good night kiss on her lips. “See you tomorrow.” then we retreated to our bedroom, happiness filled our hearts.