Happy Birthday

Kookie and Blank JI

Today, it was going to be his birthday, and we were going to celebrate with him after our recording. I had it all planned out, and now i was grinning ear to ear, I couldn’t help it, I was this happy. He always didn’t like we celebrate it on set and we didnt even celebrate it once this 7 years, he insisted that there was no need to celebrate his birthday. But his year, it fell nicely on Monday, he couldn’t run away from this one.

 

I guessed he would have a cake from the crew, but the after birthday party I had planned would be with his closed friends and the cast. I personally designed the invitations and sent out to everyone, the responses were overwhelming of course. Everyone wanted to take part in the surprise party, they even volunteered to help out with party details.

 

The party would be in a small cafe, just nice to fit all of us comfortably. I specifically ordered a strawberry shortcake, one as sweet as him, i smiled at the thought. “Ji Hyo ya” I turned around and saw him walking towards me, “We are almost ready.”

 

“Oh..” and I ran to walk beside him, “Oppa, Happy birthday.”

 

“Thank you, you already wished me at midnight, you need to remind me so many times I am getting old?” he teased me.

 

“Oppa, I am celebrating your birth and happy you are borned.” i replied, my heart was beaming with happiness.

 

“Really, you are so happy, I am born?”

 

“Of course, you are such a good person, and you take great care of me.” I swallowed some of my words, how can i tell him, he had brought me joy more than he knew.

 

“Hurry up” Jae Suk Oppa shouted and we ran towards him. The recording started, it was never smoother, right in the middle of the recording, the crew brought out the small cake they bought for Jong Kook oppa, we sang a birthday song and he blew out the candles. He looked really cute in his pony tails.

 

Finally, the day ended, and began my most difficult task, to get him to the party. I quickly showered and waited for him outside, as soon as he came out, “Oppa, oppa” i waved at him.

 

“What is it Ji Hyo ya?” he looked completely relaxed.

 

“Are you celebrating with your family members?” i asked, although i already knew the answer. Hee, i had asked his brother 2 weeks before and he agreed to celebrate yesterday night.

 

“No, we celebrated yesterday already.’ he looked at me, his small eyes full of question marks.

 

“That is great, oppa, I need your help”

 

“What is it?” he looked willing to help.

 

“Can you help me with some dancing and singing? I need to attend a variety show and it needs me to dance and sing.” i already thought of an excuse.

 

“Of course,” he agreed.

 

“That is great!! But that’s go for dinner first, my treat!” I reached for his hand and pulled him towards my car. My face were already all red.

 

“Ji Hyo ya,” his voice filled with warmth smile, “Let me drop some of my things first.”

 

“Ok,I will wait for you at my car?” I pointed to my car. He gave me a thumbs up and ran towards his.

 

I quickly took up and my phone and messaged you, “we are coming, get ready.”

 

He was fast and I got into the car with him. “Let’s go to your favourite cafe, it’s quite near here.”

 

He nodded his head. “I wonder where are all the others, they seem to disappear.” i kept my poker face, of course, they disappear, everyone waiting for him at the cafe.

 

I parked the car, and we walked towards the cafe, i marvelled at the others skill of hiding their cars, none of them were in sight. “Ding a ling ding a ling.” went the small bell at the door as we pushed open it.

 

Then everyone flooded in all directions, singing loudly Happy birthday song. Kwang Soo was holding an enormous strawberry short cake. Kwang Soo was about  to dip his finger in the cake and i caught his eyes, giving him a killer stare.  He quickly withdrew. Everyone wished oppa a happy birthday. I was so caught in the mood that i kissed him on the cheeks. The kiss coloured both of our faces pink. Thankfully, other well wishes took their turns and I was squeezed to a corner but still i observed how happy Oppa i.

 

Funcky music were played on the stereo and immediately the cafe turned into a mini disco, everyone was dancing, especially Jae suk and Haha oppa. “Hello there.” his voice startled me and broke me from my mongness. “Thank you for the party, i heard they all mentioned you help to organised it.”

 

“It was nothing Oppa, I wanted you to be happy But now i am jealous of the number of gifts you got,’ I pointed to the mountain of presents.

 

“Well, I am popular.” he grinned. “Come, let’s dance. I still owe you a dancing lesson.” he caught my hand, my small eyes were surrounded by his warm one. Just then, the music slowed down, we were the only two on the dance floor, the crazy dancers all left for food and drinks.

 

He held me closed to him “Follow my lead,” he whispered in my ears. Magically, the others disappeared and there was only me and him, I rested my head on his shoulder while we danced around the room, inhaling his scent, getting lost in his embrace. The spell was broken when the music changed again but we didn't move, standing there, not willing to be separated. It was Suk Jin Oppa that pushed us off the dance floor and into a corner.

 

“Actually, i knew about the party, Gap Jin slipped off his tongue.” he whispered into my ears. “I thought it my chance, surrounded by people i trusted, they giving me strength.”

 

I looked up, into his eyes. “For?” i whispered too, not wishing to break the bubble, my hope.

 

“I had knew you long enough, we had been through thick and thin together. I knew who i wanted to be together forever, and the person is you, Ji Hyo yah, there was no one else i rather be with. After searching for so long, the person I need was already at my side.” his melody voice spoke of his love for ME! I just couldnt believe it, my heart sped at 200km/hr.

 

“Oppa,” i murmured. “Really?” i felt tears gathering in my eyes. This was the moment i can only dream about.

 

“Ji Hyo yah, i love you.” he professed. “I love you.”

 

“Oppa, I love you too,” i tiptoed and plant a kiss on his lips. His lips continued to followed me and he deepened his kiss, I was getting giddy and fireworks went off in my brain and electricity ran through my spine.

 

The kiss stopped but the room was dead quiet too, then “Congratulations!!’ cheered the crowd!


Oppa bowed and i followed suite, our hands tightly tangled.