A Decision

Kookie and Blank JI

“Let’s break up” Cheong Seong Im looked intensively at her boyfriend, Kim Jong Kook.

 

 

He looked into her eyes and saw she meant what she said. His heart felt it was stabbed a million times and he was tore into a zillion pieces. “Ok,” he tried his best to keep his voice level.

 

Her heart felt as as if the two letters was two pieces of glasses that had flew into it. She held her tears and smiled, “Thanks.” and she quickly turned to leave the place. A large part of her wanted him to beg her not to go, not to let go, not to break up. A small part of her felt relief and sadness, her tears had left her the moment she turned her head but her sobs could not be heard. She fasten her pace and then ran to the nearest toilet. There she finally broke down.

 

Her decision, he could not understand but they had made a pact. Whoever requested to break up, the other would accept. They were in love and they should be still in love, he had thought their love would have protect them but he could not comprehend why she made that decision. He could only felt his heart bleeding while he watched her leaving. He wanted to embrace her and stop her, ask her why and help her. But he did not, he did not want to make it more difficult for her. His face felt wet, strange he didn’t remember there was any rain.

 

The two broken hearts went home, not knowing how. They just wanted to nurse their broken hearts,

 

Seong-Im ran through their breakup a hundred of times, each time the look in his eyes hurt her more, those sorrows and understanding reflected in his eyes hurt her like hell, but she had to keep her stand. She could not hurt him more than she already did. She loved him, she did but she thought their love was limiting her, her career, her life, and yet now all those didnt seem so important and she had made the wrong decision. Her tears started to flow again, how could she told him that, because of her selfishness, she had broken up with him and it was the wrong thing to do. Deep down, she knew he would forgive her, but she couldnt forgive herself, maybe maybe when one day she couldnt stand it some more, he would already find a new girl and then she could gave up on him for real.

 

He was suffering, he didnt want anyone to blame her, so he pretended he was the one who requested the break up, telling people she was not suitable for him and he was just that shallow guy. For each one he convinced, he could see that they pitied her, his heart eased a bit and he was slowly began to believe his own story. He was the the one who hurt her, somehow, it made him felt better. For one, he was not abandoned by her, he ran to take a shower, his tears would be camouflaged by the streams of water hitting his face. He was forsaken by the woman he loved the most and yet, hated for her, he could not. He hated himself more because he could not retain her by his side.

 

Seong-Im began to hear stories that he had broken up with her from their common friends. She didnt correct the stories, she could felt his love at work, the one that was suppose to limit her life and career. It was never that, it was more, it was the one that nurture her, making her life colourful and career meaningful. Why had she been so shallow. Maybe she dont deserve him or his love but he deserve more, he deserved to be love by the one he loved, he dont deserve all those people who looked down on him, he deserved their respects. Her finger trembled when she typed the message, “Oppa, we need to talk.”

 

His reply came two days later, “Ok. where.” It must have taken him great courage to meet the person who was hurting him she thought. Jong Kook, on the other hand, had been happy and doubtful. Happy that he could see her again, just to ease his thoughts of her, yet doubtful the message was meant for him. He wanted to reply on the spot but he was so afraid that she said it was not meant for him. Only after two days, he couldnt stop his urge to see her did he reply. Now this heart is in his throats, what if she made a mistake and told him so, told him to get lost one more time. He could only hope for the best.

 

“The usual place, tonight” came her reply. He could not believe his eyes, he must have reread the message a hundred time, in pure estacsy, he was floating in the air, smiling foolishly at everyone. He was going to meet her, that one more time. She received his reply instantly, she smiled, her silly oppa, really, how can she let other women found out that such a gem around.

 

They met, at the spot they broke up. She saw his haggard look and her heart felt pain, it was she that caused him looked like this.

 

He saw her, she was as beautiful as even but there were dark circles under her eyes, who did that to her, he was angry with the person, how could he made her suffer.

 

Seong-Im spoke first, “I am sorry, oppa. I was not sure of our love and where it would take us, I thought it limited me, so i gave up on us, on our love.” Jong Kook was shocked, his love limited her, that was never his wish, he couldnt believe it had hurt her. She read his shock, she quickly ran and hugged him. “Oppa, now i know it was not true, it was just my selfishness. Our love, your love was the one who make me what i am, make me the better person, stronger person, because I knew you were there for me.” her tears wetting his shirt. “Without us, without you, I am even doubting myself. I love you, even when we broke up, I love you. Please forgive me” she sobbed.

 

Jong Kook stood there, this was better than he had ever expected, his best wish was that she was returning his things that he left in her house, the worst was she tore him up in a thousand pieces again. But now, she wanted to reconcile with him! This was too good to be true, even in his dreams he would not dare to dream of this. He was too shocked.

 

Seong-Im tears dropped faster now, he didnt want to forgive her, well she deserve it but she had thought he would gladly accept her back but he didnt. She broke down, she was in too much pain, her legs gave up her and she started to slide down, it was only then she felt his arms around her. Maybe this was his last embrace, she thought.

 

Jong Kook felt that she was sliding away from him and he quickly hug her, he was not going to let her leave him for a second time, once was enough. And certainly, not after what he had just heard, she loved him, that was enough. He was her support and he was jolly well going to show her how well he could support her now, both mentally and physically.

 

“I love you, there was never a doubt I love you, even if you leave me, i love you. There was no forgiven to be given as there was no wrong in the first place. I had also doubted our love in the early year but now i knew our love always support me to be strong. Now you also prove to yourself our love is as strong as what i know it is. I am so happy, my love. I think our pact should be we would be together forever, till love do us part.” Jong Kook trying to reassure his love he was not angry and never was,

 

He saw her small face lifted up to look at him, he showed her he was true to his word. His lips found hers and he only wanted to let her felt how much he loved her, how much he treasured their love. Seong-Im felt his love, their love again and she also wanted to show him how much she loved him, they stood there, kissing till they could not kiss anymore.

 

“You meant it?” she asked, for a confirmation.

 

“Yes, and i not letting you go this time.” he assurance her.

 

She finally smile, “Ok” she sweetly agreed.


He held her hands tightly in his, he didnt want to let her go again. They felt hungry and decided to go to their favourite restaurant to eat. The traffic light turned to their favour and they was crossing the road. Suddenly, a pedestrian who focus was on his phone dashed across the road, causing the cars to avoid him, one of the cars dashed towards them. Jong Kook immediately wanted to shield Seong-Im from getting hit but in the end, the impact sandwich both of them between two cars. Seong_Im in her dying moments held Jong Kook’s hand firmly, “Please look me in our next life, i will wait for you.” with that, life escaped her. Jong Kook tears dropped for the last time as his promise to her.