Finally reunited

Kookie and Blank JI

Jong Kook finally finished his CF recording, he waved goodbye to all the crews and said thank you. He hasten his pace and took over the car keys from his manager, “OK, I would return in a week time”, then he zoomed off. He was anxious to be reunited with his family once again.

 

After a few hours drive, he finally reached his in laws house. He stepped out and nodded on the door, only to be greeted by his children “Papa Papa, you are finally here” his elder son took his right hand, his youngest son took his left hand, the twins hug him tight.

 

He smiled, finally family warmth again. His wife was watching the whole scene, their children had only missed their father for a day. He mouthed “I love you” to his wife before returning his attention to his children. “Yeah, Papa came straight from work” he bent down and gave all his children a big hug. “I miss you all”

 

“But Papa, you miss us the most right’ the twins compete for his attention.

 

“Come on, Papa, like to play with us more, he didnt like to play girls games.” his youngest son retorted.

 

“Children, let your father in first. He must be tired after his long drive.” Ji Hyo finally came to his rescue. His children led him to the living room, while his elder son poured him a glass of water. He smiled at his sensible eldest son and drank the clear liquid, he needed that.

 

“Where’s grandpa and grandma?’ he asked.

 

“Went out to buy food to prepare your dinner.” Ji Hyo replied. “My parents must think you have suffered with me.” she pouted.

 

“How can that be, my wife is the best cook in the world.” he tired to pacify her. “Children, dont you agree so?” his children nodded their heads.

 

“Mummy cooking is the best” their children echoed him. The children started to tear apart Jong Kook after giving him 5 minute rest, each wanted him to play with them.

 

Ji Hyo shook her head, “Children, bring your father to the garden and you all can play with him there. Bring them back at six so they can bath and have dinner.” she instructed both her husband and children. Jong Kook looked at her, “but i also missed you,” he mouthed, but Ji Hyo just waved her goodbye. Finally some peace and quiet. She quickly went to the kitchen and brew herself a cup of coffee. She had only limited time to enjoy before her parents were home and she would get busy helping her parents with dinner for her family. She smiled, it seem like yesterday that she married Jong Kook but it had been nearly 10 years.

 

She slowly sipped her coffee, while glancing out of the window. Her kids were “torturing” her husband with a game of catch, Basically, her husband was not allowed to catch them yet need to catch them, sweats formed on his forehead, but ye he looked incredibly handsome. She knew he enjoyed his time doing simple things like this with their kids She smiled when the kids started to climb all over her muscle man. Just then, she heard the door knob turned, her parents were back, she quickly helped her parents with the food and the three of them cooked up a storm.

 

“Everyone, dinner about to ready, quickly wash up and we will have dinner soon.” She opened the window and shouted for Jong Kook and her kids.

 

“Alright,” came the happy replies. The children rushed to wash their hands. Ji Hyo looked disapproving at the sweating kids and man, “I think you need a shower.” and her family quickly performed what she wanted. When they finally sat on the table, they smelled and looked wonderful.

 

“Grandpa, Grandma, Papa, Mama, please have your dinner.” the children waited patiently for the adults to eat.

 

“Papa, MaMa, please have your dinner.” Jong Kook and Ji Hyo greeted in unison.

 

“Everyone, let’s eat.” the grandparents gave their approval, then only the sound of chopsticks and spoon could be heard when the children started to attack the food. It was only when they were almost full they started to chit chat. Jong Kook gave a brief update on his new CF, the kids laugh when he was just acting cute. The family had a quiet games until the kids’ bedtime. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo also bidded good night to Ji Hyo’s parent.

 

Jong Kook finally get to snuggle close to Ji Hyo, he gently embraced her, “Dearest, i miss you so much.” he said as he rubbed his face on Ji Hyo’s .

 

“Oppa, that tickles,” giggled Ji Hyo. “But I missed you too”

 

“I had pre planned my leave for the next 10 years. Gap Jin had promised me not to schedule anymore activities that would affect my leaves.I want to focus fully on our children, they grew up so fast! Do you know all of their height have already reached my waist. It would be no time they would be taller than you.” he teased Ji Hyo.

 

“And you” smirked Ji Hyo, not wanting to lose out. She snuggled closer to Jong Kook, feeling his warm and inhaling his smell. She missed him yesterday night, then she heard a slight snoring coming from him, she looked up and saw Jong Kook had already fallen asleep, he must have been tired today, after his long drive and intense gaming with the kids. Tomorrow they would finally be able to to tour around Pohang as a family, all of them were looking forward to the bench camping.


“Sleep tight and rest well, Oppa” she yawned before she closed her own eyes.