Happy Mother's day

Kookie and Blank JI

Jong Kook looked at the calendar, 3 mothers, he need to prepare celebration for 3 mothers. This really called for a serious scheduling. First thing, he set up a group chat for all the males in the family, his brother, his brother in laws, his father and his father in law. But he knew his father would be against anything that need him to splurge money but he didn’t care, he going to make it enjoyable for all the mothers.

 

Second thing, he deconflicted all the times needed, he needed a day for Ji Hyo and their kids, a day for his mother, a day for his mother in law. Finally, he settle the schedule, he would celebrate with his mother in law first, the actual day with his mother, then finally a day with Ji Hyo and the kids.

 

On the day, he drove Ji Hyo and the kids to Pohang, they stopped a few times to allow the kids to stretch their legs. The fifteen - twenty minutes run did wonder, the kids are not so restless in the cars and they even managed to nap. Ji Hyo smiled at the man beside her, his attention was on the road, but he had planned this trip well, and she even get her own coffee mug filled with her favourite coffee so she can sipped it along the way while enjoying the beautiful scenery that line the roads to her parent’s home.

 

“Oppa,” she whispered as her children snored, “this is so relaxing! You had just surpassed yourself.”

 

“Well, i did a lot of thinking into this. I just wanted this to be a nice enjoyment for us all.” he whispered back, “one i can create wonderful memories for all of us.”

 

“So that includes you and the kids making cupcakes for all of us?” she thought of her kitchen yesterday, it was a total disaster, but luckily the cupcakes turned out well, in fact, they are simply delicious.

 

“We cleaned up the kitchen.” he said defensively, :”it was good as new!”

 

Ji Hyo took out her phone and flipped to the before and after picture, “Ok, I have to agree with you, it looked so sparkling clean now.” she giggled, in fact, she got the better end of the deal. Her kids were slowly waking up from their nap, this time, Jong Kook decided to have karaoke session for the last lap, another 10-15 minutes they would be at their grandmother.

 

The celebration was simple, a meal cooked by the males. The males didnt want to burn down the kitchen so they settled for something simple and within their means. When the family sat down to have their dinner, they were impressed although the dishes were simple, they are tastily made. Everyone enjoyed it and they ate heartily and laughter could be heard throughout the dinner. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook stayed the night with their kids before making their way back to seoul.


 

The next sunday was to celebrate it in Anyang, the whole family make their way down to Anyang. Like the other day, Jong Kook planned a lot of stops to tire the kids out. The kids played and ate along the whole journey, after the fourth stop, Jong Kook decided it is karoke time again, the kids sang at perfect pitch vs their mother imperfect one. Jong Kook jumped in to help his wife sound better, but the whole family voice was in perfect harmony. Ji Hyo recorded the first few songs. Jong Kook found his children voice getting softer, so he put on some classic music instead, soon snoring could be heard coming from the back seat. Beside him, his wife was also dozing off, he smiled, driving his family carefully to their destination.

 

This time, Jong Kook’s mother had cooked up a storm with their relatives, they were planning a buffet for all the mothers in the village but then a few mothers that were great cook will be cooking also, they cant trust the others to fill up the stomachs of their love ones. The kids rushed through the streets to look for their cousins and all the kids in the village ran round the road. The adults had already sealed off the street so the kids could play safely.

 

Ji Hyo quickly joined the older women to cook dinner while Jong Kook helped with the logistic, carrying tables and chairs. Then he went to help with the older folks. Finally, a lot dong could be heard, all the kids came running  but before they can do anything, the mothers requested them.to wash their hands. The dinner was spent with a lot interaction among the different relatives, everyone was standing around and joking, everyone took their time with the dinner, and it last till the wee hours. Finally, the men washed up the dishes and clean the streets up before they rested for the night. The kids and Ji Hyo had already returned to the family home and they were sleeping soundly when a refreshed Jong kook stepped into the bedroom. His brother and him were talking while cleaning up just now, both of them were thankful they had such a wonderful wife and created a beautiful family. The kids woke up early and run wildly around the village again, spending their energies with their friends in the village, while Jong Kook and Ji Hyo spend the morning with their parents.

 

It was time to go home and Jong Kook went to search for the kids and they had a quick lunch and quickly on their way back. The kids were so tired that they slept through the whole way back.

 

Finally, it was time for Jong Kook to celebrate for Ji Hyo. He wondered should they dine out or dine in. he was not a great cook and asking him to cook a meal for his family, ok they should just dine out. Then he thought, maybe he should give her a day off, one she can spend with anyone she like and he could take care of the kids, that sound like a great plan, then dining at a great restaurant!

 

That night, he discussed his ideas with Ji Hyo, Ji Hyo looked at her husband and then gave him a hug! “Oppa, you always knew what i wanted, a few hours relaxing without the kids, but i also wanted to have a date with you. And I asking too much?”  she asked.

 

“Well, not really because, I had already arranged the kids to stay with their grandparents for the night after dinner, and i had bought tickets to a late night movie, just the two of us.” he said, holding the tickets to a movie, Ji Hyo wanted to catch. Ji Hyo couldn’t help but give her loving husband a peck on the lips but Jong Kook wanted more and the night turned streamly.


“Oppa, I love you.” Ji Hyo whispered as she drifted to sleep. Jong Kook held his wife in his arms and snored contently.