Chapter Twenty-Seven: Back to Campus

Finding Love... Keeping Love

 

The very next day, everyone packed up their belongings and headed back to the airport, this time to LAX which was closer to Santa Monica.  After a 1 hour and 15 minute flight, they landed back in Northern California and a service van dropped them back off to their respective apartments. 

At Kim & Tanya’s apartment, Gerald and Jon help Kim and Tanya bring in their luggage upstairs…

 

Gerald:  Babe, I’m just going to get dropped off back to my apartment and go pick up my car.  I’ll come back here if that’s okay with you.

 

Kim: Definitely babe.  Bring your books with you.  Do you have any homework that you need to work on?

 

Jon: Do we have to do homework?

 

Tanya:  Yes, if you have some to finish up.

 

Jon: I’ll come back with Gerald, B, and work on homework but I really want to take a nap.

 

Tanya:  That’s a good boy. (and pats his hand)

 

Kim: (laughing) That sounds so good.I could use a nap, too.

 

Gerald: (pulls her close) I’ll come back and join you. (kisses her)

 

Kim: Here’s a key to the apartment in case I beat you.  (laughing)  You better go because the shuttle service is waiting downstairs.

 

Tanya:  Hurry back B.

 

Gerald, Jon, Matt & Mel get dropped off at their apartments.  Gerald and Jon return to Kim & Tanya’s apartment and sure enough, Kim was already taking a nap. Gerald goes and lies down next to her and pulls her into his arms.  He immediately falls asleep.

 

Jon:  B, you don’t want to take a nap? (hopefully)

 

Tanya:  I’m not sleepy but if you want to take a nap, go ahead and go to my bedroom.

 

Jon:  Why did you have to drink that Starbucks coffee at the airport?

 

Tanya: I don’t know what it is about Starbucks and airports.  It seems like a necessity. (laughing)

 

Jon:  I’ll stay up with you and do my homework.

 

Tanya: It’s okay B.  I know you need your beauty sleep. 

 

Jon: I’d rather stay up with you. 

 

Tanya: (gets closer to Jon and gives him a kiss) Thank you B.

 

Jon: That was definitely worth staying up.

 

Eventually Gerald and Kim woke up from their nap and started working on their homework. At that time, Jon and Tanya finally went and took a short nap. They all later met up with Matt and Mel and had their final dinner together ending their little mini vacation.

 

Matt: Back to school tomorrow guys.

 

Mel:  Thanks for the reminder sweetie.  (sarcastically)

 

Everyone else: (groans)

 

The very next day, everyone goes to their respective classes.  It was back to normal and everyone easily got back into the grove of things.