Chapter One Hundred Six: Leavin'

Finding Love... Keeping Love

 

A few hours later… Kim woke up and was stretching to relieve herself of the kinks from sleeping on the loveseat. She looked over to the bed and saw that Gerald was still passed out. She slowly got up and got ready, trying not to make any noise. She gathered her things and headed downstairs. She knew Gerald’s parents would be up as it was their normal breakfast time. Kim walked in to the breakfast nook and found Gerald’s mom alone.

Mrs. Anderson: Iha?

Kim: Good morning Tita. (fresh new tears about to spill from already red, puffy eyes)

Mrs. Anderson got up and hugged Kim. Kim could not contain her tears anymore. 

Kim: I’m sorry Tita. I’ve been a blubbering mess since last night. I’m sorry. I’m assuming you know.

Mrs. Anderson: (whose eyes were also teary) Gerald was the one who was trying to hide from his old friends but more specifically the girls he use to be with. I had to force the party on him. Matt woke us up last night to tell us what happened.

Kim: Tita, this is not your fault. Just because you threw a party for your son.… then I am at fault too because I made him go and I helped plan. I also wanted to meet his friends. He didn’t want me to meet them. I guess this is what happens when you are faced with your past. Old habits creep up.

Mrs. Anderson: (looking at Kim curiously) Iha… Matt told me that he might have been slipped a drug.

Kim: Tita… yes. Matt did say that last night but Tita when he saw me, everything seemed clear to me and to him. Our eyes met and he knew I saw him in a compromising position. He knew Tita.

Mrs. Anderson: (noticing her bags by the doorway) Is that why you are leaving?

Kim: (now sobbing) I’m sorry Tita.I don’t know if I can face him. I love him so much. This hurts so much.

Mrs. Anderson: You don’t want to wait to find out the results.

Kim: And what if there was no trace of whatever Matt & Fred said was a possibility.  And even if there was… I can’t face him. The images of what I saw last night is playing like a movie in my mind, except it doesn’t come to an end. It keeps repeating over and over again. I can’t close my mind to it.

Mrs. Anderson: Matt told me what he saw but he did tell me that you saw more. Don’t you want to give him a chance to explain?

Kim: Not right now.  I know it’s not fair but what I saw last night (sobs even more) I’m sorry Tita. Had Matt not thrown water on them, it would have gone further.

Mrs. Anderson: Iha… I’m so sorry… so I guess you need to leave…

Kim: Please don’t hate me for leaving…

Mrs. Anderson: I could never hate you. I’m just sad and mad at the circumstances.  I’m relieved he is okay. Matt said that Gerger is going to wake up as if he has the biggest hangover and he might not remember what happened.

Kim: I wish I could forget what I saw.

Mrs. Anderson: Iha, you should stay. Your friends are here.

Kim: I can’t Tita. He’s here.  How can I look at him? All I can see is him with the girl. How can I let him hold me when he was holding that girl?

Mrs. Anderson: I won’t make you stay even though a part me is begging you to figure this out with him. I know you guys can work it out but it looks like time will be your best healer.

Kim: Thank you Tita for understanding. I’m so sorry. I feel like such a coward but I don’t know what else to do. Tita, can I use your phone?

Mrs. Anderson: Of course, is there someone you need to call?

Kim: I was just going to call a taxi.

Mrs. Anderson: Iha, Jenkins can take you to the airport.  I’ll call our pilot to meet you at the airport.

Kim: Tita, thank you so much but I don’t want to…

Mrs. Anderson: Iha, I am not going to send you off to find your way back home. Let me make a few calls.

Within the hour, Kim had said good bye to Gerald’s parents, both trying to get her to stay but understood and was in the car with Jenkins driving her back to the airport. Once they got to the airport, Jenkins drove her to the tarmac where the private jet was waiting for her. Kim got out of the car while Jenkins helped load her luggage on to the plane. Kim gave Jenkins a hug and told him to help take care of Gerald. She then got on the plane and left Missouri. She left Gerald behind…