Chapter Fifty-Two: Flight Back

Finding Love... Keeping Love

 

As Gerald and Kim slept, Matt, Mel, Tanya and Jon decided that they wanted to do some exploring. Big and Jet told the rest of the group about Kim and Gerald’s night adventure so they decided to leave them alone.  They packed up all their bags so it was ready when they returned and then headed out for some exploring of their own.

 

Matt: That’s awesome that Kim and Gerald drove the city last night or I guess early this morning.

 

Mel: That would have been fun to do but I don’t know where they got the energy after we toured Manila all day yesterday.

 

Jon: I hear you.  My feet were throbbing last night.

 

Tanya: You couldn’t move last night babe.  I felt sorry for you.

 

Matt: Poor Jon. Weakling.

 

Jon: Weakling my .  I was lugging boxes left and right during the medical mission, not that I’m complaining. My body hasn’t recovered yet.

 

Mel: Where do you guys want to go?

 

Matt: How about letting Big and Jet figure it out?

 

Tanya: Great idea!  Let’s go!

 

As Matt, Mel, Tanya, Jon and the other two bodyguards went on their little adventure, Kim and Gerald slept through the rest of the morning and didn’t wake up until almost 3 in the afternoon.

 

Gerald: Good morning babe.

 

Kim: Hi baby.  What time is it?

 

Gerald: It’s almost 3pm.

 

Kim: THREE!!!

 

Gerald: Relax ka lang. What’s wrong?

 

Kim: Don’t we have to go to the airport soon?

 

Gerald: No… our flight is not until11pm.  We have at least 5 hours before we need to head to the airport. Plus, I’ve taken care of everything to make sure that we will not have any problems when we go through security.  Other than changing into our clothes for our flight back, most of our stuff is packed and ready to go.

 

Kim: You’re right.  I wonder where all the guys are.

 

Gerald: I’m sure they are sight seeing right now.  (pulls Kim closer to him) Let’s lay and veg.

 

Kim: I’m laying and I’m vegging. This feels great! I can’t believe we are returning today.

 

Gerald: I know but it’s been a good trip in more ways than one. (nuzzles her neck)

 

Kim: (giggles) It has been huh babe?

 

Gerald: Definitely… (slowly starts kissing Kim on lips, then her checks, her eyes, her nose, her neck)

 

Kim: Gerald?

 

Gerald: Yes babe…

 

Kim: I’m hungry…

 

Gerald: So am I….

 

Kim: I mean the one that requires food.

 

Gerald: (continues to kiss Kim) Food… you’re my food.  Food for my soul, my heart…

 

Kim: Sweet that you are… I need real food. Room service please.  This time I will allow room service.

 

Gerald: Okay.  Call it in whatever you want but hurry up.

 

Kim calls for room service. Kim and Gerald finally eat a meal and enjoy dessert – each other.  They finally get out of bed and get ready for their flight home.  Eventually, the rest of the group arrives and makes sure that all their belongings and souvenirs are packed.  Their bodyguards take them to the airport in time to check in their bags, go through security and have one last meal together before they board their plane.

 

Gerald: (raising his glass to the group) To the Philippines!

 

Everyone else: The Philippines!

 

Matt: I saw that you gave the bodyguards each an envelope. I am assuming it was gratuity. They definitely deserved it.

 

Kim: That’s great that you did that babe.  I know their families are going to appreciate it.

 

Gerald: They did an awesome job while we were here.  They weren’t overbearing.  They still gave us space but were always present.  I know my dad would have been pleased.  Plus, they really helped out with the medical mission, too. They definitely deserved it but I think they were shocked when I gave them the envelope since my dad had already paid for their services through the company.

 

Tanya: Gerald, please thank your dad for doing what he did. We know kidnappings happen in the Philippines.  Did you guys see the news recently about the reporter who was just kidnapped with her cameraman?

 

Mel: I saw that on the news.  I hope everything works out for her and the cameraman.  I know people are working hard to get them back.

 

Matt: Let’s change the topic.  This is depressing.  We just had a great trip and we are talking about kidnappings.

 

Tanya: Sorry guys.  I just saw it on the news and thought if they had bodyguards, especially the ones we had, would they have been kidnapped?

 

Kim: Not if they had Big, Jester, Jet and Lee!   Oh… they are going to start boarding soon.

 

Mel: Quick bathroom break. Ladies?

 

Jon: Déjà vu.

 

Matt: Definitely déjà vu.

 

The boys are chuckling to themselves while the girls head over to the ladies room.  Soon enough, they returned just in time to board their plane.  The flight was uneventful and every one took advantage of the down time.  Jon & Tanya went to sleep immediately right after take off. Kim fell asleep on Gerald’s shoulder while holding his hand. Gerald spent some of his time just watching Kim sleep until he slowly fell asleep too.  Matt & Mel were whispering to each other until they also soon fell asleep. Eventually, the captain announced over the intercom system that seatbelts needed to be fastened and that they were beginning the descent to San Francisco airport.  Once they landed, they got their luggage and went through customs with no problems.