April Fools

So Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s just assume it’s still the 1t of April because this chapter was suppose to be released on that day. I’m truly sorry for the super late update but I have my reasons which I’ll explain later. For now, happy reading!

For anyone who forgot,

Minzy: Choi Min Ri, sophomore.

CL: Jang Chae Im, junior.

Dara: Kim Da Ni, senior.

Bom: Da Ni’s fraternal twin sister, Kim Bo Mi.

Sandara’s POV

Out of nowhere, men surrounded us. My eyes darted around and mentally counted them. There were about 10 of them, same species as Mr Tired Gorilla One and Two. Damn. We were outnumbered. 

 

“Now, if you girls would follow me into the VIP room without causing anymore trouble, that would be highly appreciated,” Jiyong said with a voice that commanded authority. 

 

CL nodded towards him and that was our signal to go with the flow. We had to cooperate with him. There was no way we would be able to fight our way through that army of gorilla men. We would think of plan B later. 

 

A few moments later, I found myself back in the VIP room. We were seated on the only couch in the room which is the right couch. I tried not think to think too much about how Seungri was practically eating out a girl’s face earlier on this couch. 

 

“So, care to explain how and why you four beat up my men?” Jiyong asked. His face remained impassive and for the first time since I met him, his eyes were cold. This was the cold man they talked about, the man I didn't get to meet until now. I never knew I would say this but I think I preferred the annoying version of him. 

 

“We took martial arts in high school,” CL said. Well, that wasn't a lie. We did in fact took martial arts during high school for agent training. 

 

“You should know that we have your backgrounds investigated by now. So, you girls better tell the truth before things get ugly,” Top said. 

 

That was impossible. The only backgrounds they would be able to find would be the fake ones. Our real identities were top secret. But then, I wouldn't doubt their connections. They were the elites of the Double Phoenix after all. 

 

“It is the truth. It’s your choice to believe it or not,” Bom said. I saw what she was doing. Reverse psychology, the simplest way to make someone believe you.

 

Top took some files from Daesung and started reading them out loud. “Kim Da Ni, honour student. Kim Bo Mi, cheerleader. Jang Chae Im, president of the theatre club. Choi Min Ri, ballet dancer. And the fact that all four of you came from an all girls school. You want us to believe you four took martial arts during high school?” Top glared at us.

 

Thank god it was indeed our fake identities that they investigated. 

 

“Well, you bunch of ists shouldn't look down on the female population. There are girls who can fight too,” I said. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said the word ‘ist’ but I couldn't help it. I was all for women empowerment. 

 

“I don’t think you’re in the position to argue right now, nerd,” Jiyong said. For a second, I thought I saw his eyes softened but it was perhaps just my eyes playing tricks on me. 

 

I simply glared at him. He wouldn't do anything to us, not yet anyway. Good luck convincing yourself, my annoying inner self decided it was the right time to make an appearance. 

 

Out of nowhere, Top started laughing. 

 

“Pfft you girls should have seen the looks on your faces. I can’t believe you beat up two giant men but are intimidated by skinny Jiyong right here.” His statement about Jiyong earned him a smack on the head by said person.

 

“You’re the worse actor, hyung,” Daesung complained but started laughing right after.

 

“April fools, girls,” Jiyong, that jerk had the nerve to smirk at me.

 

I didn't know if I should feel happy that our identities are still safe or mad because that jerk had me worried for nothing. Nevertheless, I was relieved. 

 

“You bastards got us so bad.” Minzy awkwardly laughed. 

 

“You’re so dead, Top,” Bom said. Her eyes glared at him and he froze. The almighty Top was afraid of Bom? Who knew? 

 

That made me chuckle. As crazy as it sounded, they looked cute together at that moment.

 

I made eye contact with Jiyong. 

 

The door burst open with a bang and interrupted our mini staring contest. 

 

“Bad news, boss,” Seungri said as he and Yongbae rushed in. 

 

“Let’s talk in another room,” Jiyong said and left the room.

 

What’s going on this time? 

Jiyong and his men left the room and went into the office right across the hallways. That was the only place they were sure that no one would be able to eavesdrop on their conversation as the office had soundproofed walls.

 

“What is it?” He asked.

 

“We have a traitor, boss. The person who called the cops used the phone in the locker room,” Yongbae said.

 

Jiyong kept quiet. 

 

“Which means we have no idea who it is. There are no cameras installed in the locker rooms,” Yongbae continued after the lack of response from his boss.

 

“I asked around for witness but no one saw anyone enter the locker rooms,” Seungri said.

 

“This is not the first time this had happened, boss,” Top said.

 

They knew what this meant. A traitor in a mafia organisation was strictly forbidden. They were sworn brothers. Anyone who betrayed them would have to be killed. 

 

“I don’t think he’s one of us,” Jiyong said after a moment of silence.

 

“What do you mean?” Top asked.

 

“Now that you mentioned it, I think you’re right,” Daesung said.

 

“All of our employees are occupied tonight, no one could have made it back into the locker rooms,” Daesung continued.

 

“The only two available employees were the bouncers the girls knocked out.” Yongbae chuckled. The others laughed with him.

 

“Then who could it be?” Seungri asked after the laughing died down.

 

“Our customers, of course,” Jiyong said.

 

Yongbae and Daesung agreed. Their boss was sharp. None of them could have detected that the culprit was not one of their employees. 

 

“Top, get me the name list of people who stepped into this club tonight,” Jiyong ordered. 

 

“On it,” Top said and left the office.

 

“Yongbae, check for fingerprints on the phone. Daesung, CCTV footage of areas near the locker rooms,” Jiyong said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter