His Stubbornness

So Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara’s POV
That dreadful class have finally ended. I packed my things and quickly walked out the lecture hall. I heard Jiyong call out to me but my steps only got quicker. 

YG called us in for an emergency meeting and I was not going to be late because of that jerk. I wonder what happened. YG never interrupted us in the middle of our missions. He trusted us to accomplish our missions without his guidance.

I reached the parking lot and the girls were already there waiting for me. My steps got even quicker as I rushed over to them. The worried looks on their faces resembled mine. 

“Get in the car,” CL said. I could sense the urgency in her voice. 

We entered the car in unison. CL immediately started driving out of the parking lot of the university.

“We didn’t even get to scratch their cars and puncture their tyres. What’s with YG’s timing?” Bom complained. 

It boggled my mind how she could still think about the prank at such an anxious situation. The prank did not even cross my mind until she mentioned it. 

“YG did not say much but from the tone of his voice, the situation’s pretty serious so we would have to cancel our revenge for now,” CL said. 

“I hope it’s not what I think it is,” Minzy said. 

I glanced over at Minzy who was sitting beside me. I knew what she was talking about. Emergency meetings such as this one usually only meant one thing. Death. Death of another agent. My heart felt heavy just thinking about it. Being agents, losing colleagues is normal but it’s not something you get used to.

I held Minzy’s hand and gave it a squeeze. She gave me a sad gaze. The car became silent as we hoped for the best. 

The 20 minutes drive to the headquarters felt like a lifetime. CL parked the car and we ran in the building. 

YG was waiting for us in his office. He turned towards us as we entered his office. Our backs immediately straightened in his presence. The tension in his office was so thick you could cut it with a knife. 

“I have bad news,” he said. 

I took in a silent deep breath. I had to stay calm. 

“Rain was murdered this morning.” 
My eyes widened and I heard Bom gasped from beside me. My fists tightened. Rain was the agent in charge at the club, the bouncer who let us in the club last night. 

“Double Phoenix found out about his identity and it’s a known fact that they don’t tolerate traitors. Girls, do you know what this means?” His eyebrows scrunched together and for the first time, YG had a worried look on his face. All these years of leading the agency and his increasing age reflected in his tired eyes. 

“They know they’re being watched by agents,” CL answered him.

“Yes, CL. Which also means you girls would have to be extra careful from now on. If you sense anything wrong, immediately abort your mission and come back to the headquarters,” he said. 

He let out a sigh. “I don’t want to lose more agents because of the Double Phoenix, girls. You four are like my daughters. Promise me you will abort your mission when things get out of control.” 

“Yes, boss,” we said in unison. YG was indeed like our father ever since he took us in as agents.

“You are dismissed,” YG said. He turned around and walked over to his window that overlooked the city. The sun was setting and the room glowed in warm orange but the mood was far from warm. My heart clenched.

We left the headquarters and headed back home. Classes were over by now and it was obvious none of us had the energy to deal with anyone from the Double Phoenix right now.

“Let’s rest early today, shall we?” CL suggested the moment we arrived home. 

Our shock was evident on our faces. 

“I’m sure none of us can function right now so we might as well rest and start anew tomorrow,” CL said. 

“Group hug?” Minzy smiled at us. I smiled back at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter