One Person's Craziness Is Another Person's Reality

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This hella angst chapter is dedicated to  matokicookies in thanks for my lovely new poster!! 

I really really love it!! Thank you, honey, xx 

One Person's Craziness Is Another Person's Reality 

“So~ is this what they call destiny?” Kai requested in a jovial tone after the silence between the pair became awkward.
“I…don’t think so, I mean, if you didn’t keep ramming on the freaking glass I would have never got exiled!” Sehun said with increasing anger present in his tone, realising this was Kai’s fault. He was on the brink of rage but calmed again upon seeing the beautiful boy before him, cheek pushed against the opaque bowl and hair sticking up in every direction.
Sehun tutted, he could account for every sand grain nestled in the black, silk-like, mane as they reflected the setting sun. The dirt smeared over Kai’s outer cheek radiated innocence as did his Tahitian pearl, dark orbs that perfectly mirrored Sehun’s pale milky face. With every second Sehun’s heart beat faster, with every second the sun snuck lower but the two boys were still blissfully unaware.
“So it was destiny?”
“okay, It was destiny.”

The two day-dreaming boys hadn’t noticed the sun start to set, sneaking beneath the horizon almost instantly. The sky was left a lurid pink, gradually rising into an omniscient black wonderland of bright stars, shining down onto the teenagers below. Before they could make their 4-hour walk back home, it had become pitch black and if it wasn’t for Kai packing candles in his rucksack, the two would never have made it home over the cool sandy plains that night. luckily Kai had been right when he said he knew this route like the back of his hand and the light from the moon (or 달) made navigation a step easier, also.

Later, the two boys crept in the front door trying not to wake their hyungs. Kai was very aware that 4pm was his curfew because that was when the gates to the camp shut for the night and breaking in through the abandoned (supposedly chained up) north gate is never an easy thing. Still, he knew his way around this world better than most and recognised how to play it up to his standards. Kim Kai knew how to manipulate and cheat the game, it was a shame that some people were used to his tricks, though, and an even bigger shame that Kai didn’t even want to deceive some individuals.
Sehun just followed him like a lost puppy, wondering if everything was actually okay as they had stealthily tiptoed up the stairs and pushed the old door agape.

“Stop!  Kim Jongin and…” Yixing stood before the two, now startled, teens. He looked tired plus his hair was fluffy and unstyled. He tried his best to assert dominance yet hit a vital snag “Sehun, what’s your last name?”
“Oh, hyung,” Sehun told right away, head bowed in anticipation.
“KIM JONGIN AND OH SEHUN WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS!” Lay whisper-shouted, evidently cautious of something, either that on the alcohol on his breath had also taken over his brain.
“sometime after sunset… I would make it about 11:30pm-12:30am, possibly?” Kai attempted to be smart, subtly looking over to Sehun to see if the foreigner was amused by his witty retort.
Lay for one wasn’t “Shut up, how the hell did you even get in the ing camp?” Lay asked trying not to raise his voice but come across scary no the less.
“The North entrance…” Kai told as if it was common knowledge “but why are you speaking like that, Hyung… you sound…constipated.”
“Because Suho hyung is sleeping…” Lay stated seriously as Kai struck one of his matches to light one of the candles nearer to Lay,  revealing Suho sound asleep over a couple of the plush cushions on the hard ground.
The elder of the miscreants was somewhat startled, his eyes growing wide as he adjusted them fittingly “Oh! I didn’t see him there.” Kai exclaimed however Sehun remained silent.
“He was waiting for you to get home,” Lay announced lustfully, running his fingers through the hair of the man rested beside him, sighing as he stoked Suho’s tear stained face and wiped his nose. Lay looked up at kai with a convicting look, provoking the younger and causing a defensive streak to rise within him.
“Well…” Kai grew more and more agitated “I didn’t ask him, or you for that matter, to wait up. You could both be in bed right now…” Kai selfishly stated.
“How could we sleep knowing you could be dead?” Lay gave upon his hushed tone and went all out, expressing his outrage with Kai’s egotistical thinking.
“Bit over dramatic no?” Kai requited as Sehun stood awkwardly, not agreeing with how rude Kai was being for absolutely no reason. Sehun recognised that they were the ones in the wrong and didn’t know what moral-high-ground Kai thought he had.
“Kai, Suho loves you more than life itself, he can’t rest until he knows you are perfectly safe, he cares and you need him, you need us!” Because quite frankly you have no one else…” Lay through Suho’s hair again before picking him up as carefully as possible.

“Y-Yixing…” The elder mumbled as he awoke slightly. “Are K-kai and Sehun o-ok? Are t-they b-back?” Suho inquired but didn’t open his eyes, mumbling almost incoherently.
“We are back, hyung.” Sehun answered for the first time tonight “We are s-sorry.”
Suho could be seen to smile “Well, t-tell kai he is g-grounded… and in charge o-of helping m-me with t-the chores.” He said before falling limp and being taking in Lay’s arms to being carried to bed.

 “Ugh, for sakes!” Kai exclaimed before falling to the ground onto one of the many cushions around the room, Sehun followed and the room once again fell into silence as Sehun fell asleep on the floor of the living room in a matter of seconds

“Sehun!” “Sehun!” Kai beckoned as he shook the younger boy who groggily stirred from his sleep. They were both still in the living room, laid across the  scattered cushions as to warm up next to the fireplace. That’s what Kai put it down to anyway, in reality, he just didn’t want to risk waking Tao by going to bed. Tao was such a fuss-pot.
“what! I was sleeping kai!”  Sehun agitatedly retorted, eyes still closed as the fire flickered and lit up the backs of his eyelids.
“I know… I need to talk…” Kai said crossing his legs in front of the rainbow haired boy, moving ever so slightly closer. Sehun decided he wasn’t going to rid himself of this nuisance without putting in a big of leg work “ok…” he allowed as he propped himself up and prompted Kai to talk.
“Why were you banished? I mean, you don’t strike me as the murdering type and it's evident you had never stolen anything before last November, so why?” Kai paused, his head shaking leisurely from left to right in confusion “You said it had something to do with our communication through the dome earlier.”

“It’s a long story…” Sehun lied, not making direct eye contact.

He lied for the sole reason that talking about home made him feel as if his insides were being churned out with a rusty fork.
He lied because it reminded him that at one point, he was willing to leave his mother even though now, not a second passes where Sehun didn’t think of her. And not just his mother, not a second passed where Sehun didn’t think of home because this isn’t home, this is Earth and Earth .  Sehun would lay in bed at night and replay his life in his head, the first girlfriend he had and how she dumped him because he was too much of a nerd, was always a common subject of his mind.  Sehun sort of missed her from time to time but didn’t realise, it wasn’t dating her but the idea of being back where they dated that attracted him so. He would also think of the fresh (filtered) air that didn’t leave his nostrils a coal black like the Air in camp 64, the smog here was thick and dark, it couldn’t possibly be safe could it? But it was all Sehun had now and he had to live with his mistake whether he liked it or not.

“Sehun!” Kai jabbed him in the cheek. “I said, it can’t be a long story because we were communicating through the glass, not 24 hours before I found you… with the gun and hostility, remember?”
“Yeah…” Sehun would never forget.
“So…”
“It doesn’t matter.”
“Well… it kind of does…”


“No… it really doesn’t”
“Just tell me!” Kai was persistent and disregarding of any reason Sehun may have to stay quiet.
“No”
“Yes!”
“I got banished for trying to run away, okay!”  Sehun finally lost it with Kai.
“But why? Why did you try and run away?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter